Apple Releases iOS 12.4 With New Wireless Data Migration When Setting Up a New iPhone and Apple News+ Improvements

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Downloading now. Praying for the card application to be live on 12.4 phones.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2012
The question I have is it similar to iCloud backup and restore or full as in doing from iTunes. The cloud one leaves a lot of stuff out

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
chrismcneese.me
It's probably far more important in countries with slow Internet or don't have home broadband (China, India). Also reducing Apple's costs in countries with expensive Internet (Australia).
Or also, think about towns and cities that don’t have brick & mortar stores. Gasp! I know that’s difficult to fathom for some. It leaves people relying on terrible, subpar experiences from their carrier stores.

Reactions: sydneysider88

arefbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
Wow, no mention of the macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update? Downloading it now.

smorrissey

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2015
They should release the new iTunes versions at the same time, they always relesae them many hours later.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
zorin.org
On the other hand, I wonder long it will be until Apply Pay is permanently disabled in the iPhone 6 due to lack of security updates...
Apple definitely keeps metrics on how many iPhone 6 users are using Apple Pay and will likely not disable it as long as a significant amount of people are using it.

It's also easy for them to release a patch update if there is a glaring security hole. It's been done in the past for otherwise no longer updated devices.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
How does the wireless migration work? Is it over WiFi from iPhone A directly to iPhone B? If so, that's a pretty good feature - doing an iCloud backup and restore is quite time consuming.

Reactions: ksec

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Hah, this wireless upgrading thing will be great for the person or two who actually upgrades to the 2019 iPhone. Restoring from iCloud is really slow.

I've been on vacation and come back to see fugly hands-on mockups and lackluster specs compared to the 2020 model leaks. Hopefully they get their crap together.
Agreed... can't say I've seen anything at all to make me want to upgrade to the 2019 model....

Reactions: macduke

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Also disappointed to here the card isn't launching along side it. Perhaps it does add full support, and later this week they will announce card availability. Or we will have to wait for another update to iOS later this year and the card launch is being delayed.
I haven't even gotten an email from Apple about applying for the card. Maybe they are going to do some sort of stealth role out with it being basically a public beta. A screw up after a few billion in purchases have been made would be more than just embarrassing.