Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
And BugFest starts now… I just hope it’s the only one which I have to report via Feedback
Forgot to tell that Lock Screen editing is a joke

Reactions: Wackery

Brhinminn

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2018
Minnesota
Just loaded. Turned on stage manager, and first thought after 5 minutes: I don’t like it. It is cumbersome and not intuitive. However, I know that it will take time, so I will give it a few days. I almost always use my iPad with 3 windows, side by side and then maybe a movie or something in PIP. So, trying to use that in Stage manager works, but not quite in the same manner.. Stay tuned….

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Just loaded. Turned on stage manager, and first thought after 5 minutes: I don’t like it. It is cumbersome and not intuitive. However, I know that it will take time, so I will give it a few days. I almost always use my iPad with 3 windows, side by side and then maybe a movie or something in PIP. So, trying to use that in Stage manager works, but not quite in the same manner.. Stay tuned….
Good thing you can quickly turn it on/off from the Command Center.
I have mixed feelings about it, I think it could have been better than what it is now. The column with recent apps on the left seems like wasted space to me. Also, being unable to close apps with a gesture in some cases, will take time to get used to.

Reactions: jazz1 and Wackery

Mrjynx

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Toronto
Strange, it's still not popping up in Canada for me on my 2018 ipad pro. Guess they forgot about us. . . like always, lol.

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
I have mixed feelings about it, I think it could have been better than what it is now. The column with recent apps on the left seems like wasted space to me. Also, being unable to close apps with a gesture in some cases, will take time to get used to.
Steve jobs doing summer saults from his grave

• Haha
Reactions: Amazing Iceman

senohpoxas88

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nearly 90min later, and still not available on my iPad. Mac, Watch, and iPhone got it right away.

Tried multiple reboots, disconnecting from Wi-Fi, and no profiles on the device.

Attachments

• E740ED16-BDC1-4715-98B3-943EDBF0F458.jpeg
    E740ED16-BDC1-4715-98B3-943EDBF0F458.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
First time using stage manager on my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen (2018), and have to say, I am loving it. Probably some bugs and annoyances that I am yet to came across. Agree about being unable to close apps with gestures.

dsaponaro

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Installed the RC (20B79) last week. Since this is a slightly different build (20B82) how does one upgrade to todays final? Nothing is showing up in software update for me.

BasedReborn

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
I’m liking stage manager so far, having the ability for more windows is cool. If it wasn’t for 12.9 inch i feel like it would be cramped.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Ok so it seems like the shared library adds a free functionality that google photos have had for a long time. Auto-add images to a shared album with specific people.

I'm glad its not a paid function but I guess welcome

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.