Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
That's it, switching back to Spotify. I've waited for too long now for something significant - pulling the plug on Apple Music

You might want to wait a few hours until after you've installed iOS 10. The new Apple Music is actually pretty fantastic. They fixed a lot of the clutter, redundancies and confusion.

I've really enjoyed using it these past couple of weeks. I had a hard time going back to the original Apple Music, which goes to show you the extent of the changes.

I've discovered far more new music in these weeks on iOS 10 than I did since Apple Music was launched. It finally fulfills its promise.

Reactions: Mindbomb2000

Geek3r

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Just installed this. I am running Sierra GM and I use iCloud Music can no longer play any songs. Fun.

If I search an artist, find them in "All Apple Music" it will not play, continually loads.

If I search an artist in my Library, and press play jumps me to the browse section and never loads.

Last edited:

Spendlove

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Cambridge UK
You might want to wait a few hours until after you've installed iOS 10. The new Apple Music is actually pretty fantastic. They fixed a lot of the clutter, redundancies and confusion.

I've really enjoyed using it these past couple of weeks and I had a hard time going back to the original Apple Music, which goes to show you the extent of the changes.

iPedro, how do you change the view so I can not show or reduce the album artwork size? Right now on default it is absolutely huge on the 27" iMac and laggy to boot!

ronwasserman

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Los Angeles
Hit my first bug within 1 minute.

I use iCloud music library. I have music in iCloud but not on my Mac. So I find an iCloud album, and hit the download button.

iTunes tells me the T&C have been updated and I need to accept them. Okay.

T&C come up. I check the check box. Then I get this:

View attachment 651072
This keeps coming up. I can't access any of my iCloud music. Restarting iTunes and restarting my Mac don't fix it.

Any ideas? If I click on the More Info button, it just loads the main Apple Support website in Safari.
Figured it out. Go to to "View My Account" under accounts in the menu. Sign in. Hit reset all warnings for buying and downloading. Close iTunes, reopen. Next time you get to the new terms and conditions page, click the agree button, then the other agree button several times. Window won't change....no verification you've agreed, but all functions will now work.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
They make you accept the new Terms and Conditions whenever something is publicly released. It'll be up around the time iOS 10 is released.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
My decade-old system:

5 stars: the VERY best of the best
4 stars: my favorite songs
3 stars: all the rest of the songs I like
2 stars: neutral—but OK to have in shuffle for variety so I don't get as tired of my favorites
1 star: dislike!
0 stars: unrated, need to decide

Then I can devote as much or as little space to my music on each device as I want, by syncing Smart Playlists like "2+ Stars" and "4+ Stars."
Mine:

5 stars + heart: the VERY best of the best
5 stars: best songs out there, although may not listen to it repeatedly.
4 stars + heart: my favorite songs, but not as great as 5 stars ones.
4 stars: good impression although less intention to listen to it over and over.
3 stars: uh, not really like but don't hate
2 stars: just don't like. Ok to listen to it once in a while though.
1 star: hate it! Only in rare cases would I listen to it once.
0 stars: unrated, need to decide.

After my iTunes library reaches 100GB, I switch to playlist sync rather than syncing the entire library with me. Works just great.

xdexina

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Portugal
For me the best is that I can hide the sidebar again :)
so much clean! so much happy!
ZvOVoVi.jpg

L7vSuEv.jpg

Reactions: 0958400 and Icaras

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
wow. iTunes messes up every time i go to play a song that is from apple music and on my music but not downloaded. or when i go to download an apple music song

anyone else?

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
How about no? I would much rather control my own copies of my media and keep everyone out of it, How about letting us buy Itunes media I can download and play on any system instead without having to install a apple application or converting to a DRM stripped file? Pipe dreams? .......Most certainly, but that's what it should be.

Why are you buying from iTunes? There are other online stores that do exactly what you want.

t12013

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
Fixed guys, just agree to the new terms, either on iphone or open the app store in the mac and try to download something, my ugly itunes is now playing again, i have to say that i really really considered to change to spotify when itunes wanst playing anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.