Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ouragan

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2016
Not a combo because it is just the first point release update.

But the delta is here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1941?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Here are the el capitan and sierra security updates too:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1939?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1940?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

You beat me to it. I discovered the link on the English Canada Apple web site. Currently downloading the disk image of the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 update.

Keep up the good work.

Pierre

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
I downloaded the 10.13.1 Update and it kept failing to install. So i went to the store and I noticed the High Sierra installer is now at 13.1.05, So I downloaded that and did a clean install and that worked fine and seemed to be faster than the original 13.0 installer.
On a positive note, they left iTunes at 12.6.2.20 with the app store. One of these times they'll nix the app store in iTunes as the default installer. Grab 13.1.05 while you can.

After doing some boot testings it seems to start up faster. My MBP Mid 2012 with 2GB Firecuda starts HS under 45 seconds down from 55. Normal HFS+ Partition
My work system is 10.11 with all the fluff and that starts up at 50 seconds so I would say they have made it on par with previous MacOS.

Last edited:

Lnds500

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2012
If I download and run the full installer on top of my 10.13.1 Beta, will I lose anything, or will it work as a delta update?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
If I download and run the full installer on top of my 10.13.1 Beta, will I lose anything, or will it work as a delta update?
You aren’t likely to lose anything, but things do go wrong on rare occasions.
You can also download the 10.13.1 updater and save yourself 3GB of download.

Reactions: Lnds500

offdwall

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Does anyone know if this will install for those of us that have OWC SSD Drives? Also, will it convert to the new APFS file system? Has anyone tried it yet?

No issues with macOS 10.13.1 with an OWC SSD on a 2010 MBP. Yes Sierra 10.13.0 converted the drive to APSF.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 12.49.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 12.49.57 AM.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 76

HugoZHackenbush1

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2017
That’s nice, dear. I just updated Saturday morning. My late-2009 iMac is now bricked. Was working fine before today’s update. Now I get the Apple screen with a full bar. Did a verbose restart. Open directory hangs with repeated messages about there being too many corpses. Tried reinstalling system, except the update forgot about signing the previous KEXT files. Being 7 years out of AppleCare, I’m not happy. Would you spread word so that others like me won’t suffer?

milivoj

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
Cyprus
I am not able to distinguish Graphite versus Blue appearance on the 10.13.1.

Is anyone capable of differentiating between those two ????

milivoj

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
Cyprus
The differences are distinct to me on 10.13.1.
chrfr,

Can you explain it a bit more ???
The appearance shows "Blue" in Preferences, while my window headers are all graphite, as well as scroll bars. I also do not see any blue buttons .......

Thanks in advance.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
chrfr,

Can you explain it a bit more ???
The appearance shows "Blue" in Preferences, while my window headers are all graphite, as well as scroll bars. I also do not see any blue buttons .......

Thanks in advance.
It sounds like something isn't working right on your computer then. On mine, if I choose graphite, menu items and window buttons at the top are all grey. If I choose blue I get blue menu items and buttons in windows are the normal red/yellow/green.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
No. 10.12.1 is for emojis. :eek:
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/
Do you mean fix apple mail so there are again preferences and the inbox is visable and FIND actually works???

milivoj

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
Cyprus
chrfr,

Graphite works fine for me too ... Blue is the problem. Yes, the buttons are red, yellow and green. Window frame remains graphite and menu items are white on dark grey for top menu and black on light grey on the right-click menu, sometimes called context menu.

Chrome is all blue, because I have chosen a theme for it. I use it for a single site on which video does not work on Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.