Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 With Compatibility Improvements for Third-Party USB Audio Devices

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 6, 2017.

1. HowieIsaacks macrumors regular

HowieIsaacks

The problem is the drive's firmware, not your iMac.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017 ---
    What contacts sync issue are you referring to? I use iCloud for contats syncing and I don't have any problems.

2. Gl4cier macrumors newbie

Still cannot transfer 2GB+ file to Fat32 external hdd..

3. hellopascal macrumors newbie

hellopascal

Interestingly for me, the console still gets flooded with these error messages but the UserEventAgent process does not go haywire anymore. Before, as soon as I used an automatic date, it quickly consumed 70+ GB of memory and had a high CPU load.
    For now, this seems to be gone.*Fingers crossed*

4. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Some annoying banks ask you to install software called trusteer but it installs as rapportd.

5. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

Tried the el capitan one from the dmg and ended up in a boot loop.

Had to downgrade to build 15G31 via a bootable usb and update it again via mac app store instead.

So something is wrong with the dmg from the apple support website. Much better to go with the mac app store instead this time for el capitan.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Please see earlier post where I cite my problem as well as posts from other forums

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Alright I will try it out when I get home. lets see what this does.

8. mst129 macrumors newbie

Update: still experiencing this bug, with "you shut down your computer because of a problem" upon startup. The only difference is that this morning, the keyboard was lit up when I first opened the lid.

I hear that this fix (https://discussions.apple.com/message/32467950#32467950) works for some people; I just hope it doesn't mess up Examplify, which my university uses for exams.

9. cyclotron451 macrumors regular

cyclotron451

OOps, (a bit of) macOS seems to be borked on my 10.13.2 (17C88) - having just upgraded

the demo class of System Preferences/Users & Groups/"Click the lock to make changes"
    "System Preferences is trying to unlock Users & Groups preferences" which *was* compromisable with "U: root" "P:<anything> x 2"

now I try the trick, and thankfully "root" doesn't work, but NEITHER does my actual username & valid password, neither does using my Admin account and it's associated password. I cannot unlock U&G Prefs, I get a greyed out username after half-a-sec, then the shake.

Both my usernames & pw's work elsewhere in System Preferences, but looks like (at least in my case) that Apple might possibly have *over-repaired* their 10.13.1 bug?

Who needs to unlock Users & Groups preferences anyway!?

BUG?.jpg

10. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Ok I'll give that try. Thanks.

11. You are the One macrumors 6502a

You are the One

Thank you, John. Wonder how it ended up on my client since I never installed any bank-sw. I have pretty good control of processes and connections on my client and I'm pretty sure rapportd is part of 10.13.2.

12. gcbarre macrumors newbie

gcbarre

My USB-3 external drives are working now again after the update!
    -- Maxed Late 2012 i7 MacMini SSD

13. cyclotron451 macrumors regular

cyclotron451

UPDATE
    So this is a stateful bug, as I had just tried the Root, and it then denied any attempt to get in, even with legit creds - having later retried without the root attempt first, I was correctly able to get past the strong security!
    Security is now so strong in this part of the Preferences that it keeps giving me multiple Authentication pop-overs, for the same 'unlock' authentication challenge. If at first you dont succeed. . .

bug2?.jpg

I can see someone getting a free MacBook one day, as there obviously arent any remaining 'features' in macOS10.13.2

apart from this, the combo update seems to work great on my MacPro hexacore.

14. madmac30 macrumors newbie

And somehow miraculously this morning - all audio sources detected.

15. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is part of the OS and has nothing to do with Trusteer. It looks like has something to do with cache management.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 7.18.34 AM.png

16. dotnet macrumors 65816

dotnet

That's right, and no support (still, after all these years!) for FAT12 floppies.

17. themastermind, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017

themastermind macrumors member

themastermind

My iMac is stuck on a white screen with "Installation in progress. Calculating time remaining..." after clicking to install 10.13.2. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

EDIT: never mind, I see someone else posted about it. Evidently its doing to hang there for a long time before moving on. Been 30 minutes now for me, hopefully this thing isn't hosed, I don't have time to rebuild today.

18. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

Any links yet for the Safari updates for 10.11 and 10.12 ??

19. Not Steve macrumors newbie

Not Steve

After installing the update, after rebooting, the Finder gave a message, "Time Machine could not be repaired" (or something like that). Previously, I hadn't received any such message, though I regularly received, "Time Machine Failed to Back Up". (Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't.) The Finder message said I needed to reboot from Recovery to fix. So I ran Disk Utility, and it found something, couldn't fix it, and bailed. So I unmounted it manually, ran Disk Utility, and it found (and supposedly fixed) a million things...Disk Utility doesn't really indicate if it fixes anything - it just lists issues. Anyway, it seemed to get further, and then said it couldn't be fixed. I'm now running it again. I seem to have had a lot of issues with Time Machine since upgrading to High Sierra.

My Time Machine is a RAID created from three JBODs in Disk Utility. The disks, themselves, appear to be fine, and are brand-new enterprise drives.

Interested if anyone else has experienced the same issues?

20. aleni macrumors 68020

Does it fix the artifact in adobe illustrator when zooming with GPU accelerated option enabled?

21. BaltimoreMediaBlog macrumors 6502a

BaltimoreMediaBlog

MAIL notifications still come many minutes after I've already read and deleted the email. This is ridiculous. What is the point of Notifications if you realize you have the email and have long since read it before NOTIFICATIONS tells you?

Epic fail again Timmy. :(

22. fivenotrump macrumors 6502

Why? Is it causing you any problem?

23. Wando64 macrumors 6502

.2 version and still no APFS support on Fusion Drives?
    What are these guys thinking of? Are they planning to support two file systems for the foreseeable future?
    I am usually quite accommodating with issues and delays when a new OS version is released, but this is called taking the p**s.

24. Milltek macrumors regular

Milltek

Will APFS Firewire drives work with TimeMachine now?

25. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

I think you misunderstood, I said "Firmware does not fail" not "Firmware does not fail to install"

But I still disagree here, firmware almost always install, otherwise you would hear much more about it, and Firmware itself will never fail, by never I mean 1 in a million, they test that over and over, otherwise people end up with bricked Macs.