Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
I will say, I have never had more consistent AirPods connectivity than between my iPhone 13 Pro Max and AirPods 3rd Gen lately. It always connects first time at the moment. Prior iPhones/software never used to be so consistent.
Yeah, I had this problem lately. It just randomly cut out audio during zoom calls.

Kdawg'sDad

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2020
I don’t get all the gymnastics around checking AirPods Pro firmware version.

All I do is select Settings->Bluetooth->Info next to each paired AirPods Pro, which are upstairs laying on my dresser. I can see Model Name, Model Number, Serial Number, Version, and when AppleCare expires.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Does it update from a Mac or does it have to be an iOS device?

I tried connecting my AirPods 2 to a Mac mini and leaving it for 45 minutes or something and it didn't update. So I've switched it to an iPhone and left it for 45 minutes, and it still didn't update. Still at 4C165. Case plugged into power, and everything at 100%.
After that, I just gave up and closed the lid of the case, unplugged it from power, and left it on the desk.

However, I just checked now, and it seems they got the update on their own, despite the lid being closed. ?‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: sorgo

yosef019

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2022
After that, I just gave up and closed the lid of the case, unplugged it from power, and left it on the desk.

However, I just checked now, and it seems they got the update on their own, despite the lid being closed. ?‍♂️
yes so they now connected periodly to see if they left behind which is fixed or not this firmware?

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
because your life without this update sucks? ... I dont understand why people are always so crazy for updates -
Also considering the fact that they systematically break stuff rather than fixing.
I am actually happy mine didn’t update yet and tonight I’ll charge then and make sure the Bluetooth on the phone is off, hoping to prevent the update.
I’ll let a few weeks go by before I let them update

• Wow
Reactions: srbNYC

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2018
Hopefully the Max now works with ATV without stuttering and crackling every few minutes. And when I tell Siri to start an outdoor run with my airpods pro on, will it launch the workout on my apple watch like it used to? Or try to get me to subscribe to fitness+? This is a new low for Apple, btw.
I also get that stuttering on my M1 Macs.

It’s not always there but just destroys every ounce of immersion when watching movies.

No issues on iPads or iPhones. So I’m really hoping this version fixes the last kinks.

Updating to 4E71 was fast and easy though, both on Pros, 3s, and 2s.

Last edited:

Feyl

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
My AirPods 3 updated just in a matter of seconds just by opening up the lid of the case. That’s great and all but we should have the option to decline and Apple should provide release notes.

rcoranje

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2020
Well, I'm hoping to fix the stupid Bluetooth issue by switching between my MacBooks and iPhone. It was annoying that Zoom calls end up disconnected randomly.

I almost want to trash it during the Zoom meetings... and looking to get the Sony XM5.

Also, the mic sucks on AirPod Pro.
Read a manual about changing the way airpods connect to different devices.

andrew8404

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Loma Linda, Ca
I'm having issues with mine since the update. They won't stay connected to my laptop if anything audio related stops playing. So I have to reconnect every time audio starts back up. It's super annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: srbNYC

hcherry

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
Big fan of AirPods, though I find the AirPods 3 fit my ears worse that the original AirPods.

Anyone else notice that connectivity issues (slower connection, missed connections, AirPods don’t show up on Bluetooth) seem to grow over time?

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Big fan of AirPods, though I find the AirPods 3 fit my ears worse that the original AirPods.

Anyone else notice that connectivity issues (slower connection, missed connections, AirPods don’t show up on Bluetooth) seem to grow over time?

The AP3 actually fit my ears better than the AP2 for me but I guess it all depends on the shapes of your ears!!

Totally agree on your second point though.

Last edited:

brucewayne

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Should be illegal to push firmware updates without both release notes and an option to decline.
Ahh the electronic anti vaxxers strike…

Totally the same!

Look at this thread of disinformation full of not-peer-reviewed anecdotes from people who claim their airpod pros were hosed after a failed roll out that took Apple months to sort out.

And remember, your Airpod updates protect my Airpods, and my Airpod updates protect yours!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.