Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today introduced new firmware for the the AirPods Pro 2 with Lightning port and the AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C port. The new firmware is 6A305, up from the 6A303 update for the AirPods Pro 2 that came out on October 10.

airpods-pro-2-pink.jpg

Apple does not provide details on what features might be included in the refreshed firmware, so it is unclear what's new. Apple added multiple new AirPods Pro 2 features in iOS 17 such as Adaptive Audio, Conversation Awareness, and Personalized Volume, so there may be additional refinements to those updates.

Apple does not offer instructions on how to upgrade AirPods software, but firmware is generally installed over-the-air while the ‌‌AirPods‌‌ are connected to an iOS device. Putting the ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌ in the case, connecting the ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌ to a power source, and then pairing the ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌ to an iOS device or Mac should force the update.

You can check your ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌AirPods Pro‌‌‌‌‌‌‌ firmware by following these steps:
  • Connect your ‌‌‌‌‌‌AirPods Pro‌‌‌‌‌‌ to your iOS device.
  • Open the Settings app.
  • Tap General.
  • Tap About.
  • Tap ‌‌‌‌‌AirPods‌‌‌‌‌.
  • Look at the number next to "Firmware Version."
If we learn more about what's new in these firmware releases, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Releases New Firmware for AirPods Pro 2

• Wow
Reactions: iLuddite

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Have had AirPods 1st and 2nd Gen... Then AirPods Pro 1st and now 2nd gen and I just love them. They are by far the best headphones for casual use Ive ever had.. out of all my tech, as long as I have my iPhone and AirPods Pro I'm happy!

Glad to see the focus Apple give to these devices... I really love transparency and adaptive transparency. Love to be able to stay aware of my surroundings.

BTW there I dislike the 'Pro' thing.. these should just be called AirPods.. and the cheaper version AirPods SE... There is nothing Pro about what they do. Its meaningless

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Technically all music is in 4d (sound propagation is 3d technically + time) and given you can scrub backwards in a song plus move the sound source and thus the propagation you could argue it can be manipulated in 4d too :p
Time is actually not part of the dimensions. It was once thought of as the 4th dimension though.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
With 6A300 I had oversensitive switching when dealing with iOS 15 devices.
6A303 seems to have some Bluetooth funkiness in calls - occasional cutouts.
Maybe 6A305 gets it all right.

evertjr

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2016
they really gonna update these things every week now? I just wish they stop messing with the sound profile, it's not fun anymore. They killed bass response in the previous updated and brought back some amount in 6A303, let's hope it's fully restored in this new version. I'm very sensitive to theses changes and it's annoying.

Reactions: Donka

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
Time is actually not part of the dimensions. It was once thought of as the 4th dimension though.
Time is a temporal dimension, not a spatial dimension (and thus has no geometric point). It is measured from states of lower entropy to higher entropy in the same direction that humans observe it. Einstein called it the 4th dimension because we only perceive three spatial dimensions, but now there are additional hypothetical spatial dimensions used in mathematics, so when someone says the 4th spatial dimension, they do not mean time. Time exists in all spatial dimensions.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Any Solo Pro user over here?

Does anyone know if the Beats Solo Pro are still being updated? My version is 4A394, and I think my headphones have been on that firmware for a long time…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.