Apple Releases Third Public Betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Mansu944 macrumors 6502a

I just tried and mine is working fine. iPhoneX

2. quinngf8 macrumors member

quinngf8

Anyone complaining that pb3 or even pb1/2 is "buggy" clearly never ran iOS7 dev. beta on a 4s.. talk about the glory days of 3rd partying app crashing..

3. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

So it this safe to download or stay on pb 2 for now?

4. decypher44 macrumors 6502a

decypher44

I can’t believe how FAST everything is now!!! No exaggeration. XSMax flying!

5. Frehley, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019

Frehley macrumors member

Frehley

When you get the "Preparing Update" it is on your device and no longer needs wi-fi

6. rsxmachine macrumors 6502a

PB 3 is faster than B1 and 2 for sure. Everything is snappier on iPad pro 11

7. theOmega macrumors member

Lots of nice stuff going on, but they're really dropping the ball on UI, with every major release there goes a little bit more of consistency, the new non-3D Touch menus look weird and so squashed, and previewing links/photos was much better before. The buttons on the share sheet feel alien to the UI, some app screens have a close (x) button, some have a Done button, sometimes it at the right, others is at the left, some are dismissible by swiping, some aren't. That new '+/-' button on the photos app is the most un-Apple thing UI wise I've ever seen and so tiny I don't think it even respects their own UI guidelines. At least finally the now playing screen in Apple Music actually follows your swipe down function, but then Podcasts still works like iOS12.. Really hopping they sort this stuff out at some point.

8. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 65816

TheSkywalker77

So Apple can see if the build is stable enough to release to a larger audience. if I recall correctly, there was an iOS 11 beta that was extremely buggy and unstable (it was the 10th or 11th beta I think) and they pulled it quickly after release and there never was a public beta for it. That's why they separate it.
    And how is this related to a thread talking about betas?...

9. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502a

Ledsteplin

I still have an orange color for app icon badges and the End Call button. Not red for sure. Was hoping this would be fixed.

10. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

I typically jump in around this time on my iPad, knowing that there'll be bugs but expecting that most of the showstoppers have been weeded out.

One issue to report: my install slowed down significantly in the last 20%. I've had to put a piece of tape on the progress bar to confirm that it is indeed moving but it's been proceeding at a very very slow rate with a millimetre of progress every few minutes or so.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to use this on my main iPad Pro in daily use but I'll be waiting for a September late beta for my iPhone.

11. Ssn! macrumors newbie

Ssn!

Casting is fixed! So happy!
    Sending stickers in Messages (with Smart Keyboard) causes some buggy behaviour...
    New message indicator in Mail fixed (was getting stuck indicating new email when there was none)
    Mails being displayed on the first click now, as opposed to having to click a couple of times before the message is displayed.
    First impressions good for PB 3 on iPad Air 3

12. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Can I install the latest public beta while keeping my Apple Watch S4 on its current version of watchOS? In other words, I don't have to upgrade to the watchOS beta in order to enjoy iOS 13 beta on my phone and have them work together, right?

13. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

I did it on xr and it feels faster and all My apps work now!

14. MauiPa macrumors 6502

somehow I am betting you don't even use an iPhone. There is no way this post is accurate. I have had 0 problems on iOS 13. I mean it is possible you are talking about some third-party apps that I do not use, but the fact you are so out of synch with everyone else, makes me stand by my guess
    --- Post Merged, Jul 18, 2019 ---
    Pretty sure, yes, because unless you are a developer, or in a select group of invited testers, you do not have the option of installing public beta for watch OS. My math 3 is working just fine, so I am also pretty sure your 4 will be

15. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I am beyond impressed at the features in this release. And swipe keyboard? Now I can ditch my spyware Google keyboard app!!

16. jw77777 macrumors member

17. MDST macrumors newbie

I haven’t been able to update past Beta 1 as it just hands on “Requesting Update” on my iPad 6.

Does anyone know how I can update to the latest Beta? I’ve tried using iTunes but the update button is greyed out. I’d tried resetting network settings on the iPad and restarting the iPad and making sure it’s plugged in with no luck.

Is there anyway I can download the latest IPSW directly from Apple and do it via DFU?

18. fortepianissimo macrumors newbie

Has anyone had issues with iCloud using these betas? One thing that has prevented me from trying it is even one beta touching iCloud could mess up everything there for *all* of my iDevices.

19. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

So? It’s not like iOS 13.0 is the best iOS 13 release throughout its lifespan either. I would not be surprised if Apple released emergency iOS 13.0.1 or 13.0.2 to address certain issues.
    How so? Care to elaborate?

20. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I understand the the reason for the two builds. My only issue is that its only one day. It could take more than one day to find issues in the dev build. They are opening the public builds to pretty much anyone. Last year it was at least weeks if not a month between the dev and public beta.

21. mjharwaz macrumors member

mjharwaz

Yep, first thing I noticed... definitely a bug, time to report.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 18, 2019 ---
    Missing on both my iPad and iPhone XS Max on the newest beta.

22. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

Skeuomorphism is really coming back. Look at the texture in that background.

382A3386-E522-407E-AAD9-99FBBE40CC6A.jpeg
    5F7E00D7-FCFD-4142-836B-004668F5F054.png

Jony Ive is leaving and Forstall has the last laugh.

23. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 65816

TheSkywalker77

Well if somebody wants to beta test they should understand the risk involved with it, Apple warns you on the beta site to archive a backup of your phone incase anything goes wrong, this should be a clear sign that the beta builds aren't perfect. But I get what you're saying.

24. anthogag macrumors regular

One option we should have is the ability to just say "Siri". "Hey Siri" gets old fast and most people don't have family or friends named Siri. E.g. Saying "Siri what time is it" is much better than "Hey Siri what time is it"

25. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Especially iPad OS! MY 2018 iPad Pro can do so much more now. Lightroom, Video editing (Luma Fusion) file importing/exporting from anywhere. download management ad so much more, for what I do I don't think I need the Mac, but will see how it goes.