Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trmcello24

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Did you trade in your device? How much is your monthly fee if you don't mind me asking? That's how was it explained to me in the store. I will give Verizon a call. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
[doublepost=1474672166][/doublepost]

Another forum commented on this as well. This is how it was explained to me in the store. I will give Verizon a call tonight. Thanks for the information. Unless it has to do with a specific plan.

Haven't gotten my 7 plus yet (one of those waiting and waiting.....) but I will be trading in my 6 and will be around $5 a month since I'm not getting a regular 7.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
I'm a logistics guru.

giphy.gif

Reactions: pat500000

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Haven't gotten my 7 plus yet (one of those waiting and waiting.....) but I will be trading in my 6 and will be around $5 a month since I'm not getting a regular 7.

I will definitely call Verizon tonight. Thanks again. Something was ill explained to me.

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
Apple Restricts iPhone 7 Reservations to Upgrade Program Members]
No fuggin' shiz. Clearly, those $ are better than our € and £ cos it's a 3 week wait in Blighty. Maybe I should offer my 6s for a crappy trade-in for preferential queue jumpin'

/Bitter /JetBlackEnvy

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
guys dont buy into the hype. wait another year.

We iphone 8 users are going to laugh at you rocking the old iphones with the big bezels as the new iphone wont have a home button.

so essentially you're paying $400+ to rent the iphone from apple if you upgrade next year.

Many of us don't view a phone as a multi-year investment; I'll buy whatever they release next year too, it's not a big deal. But regardless, if you feel someone with a 12 month old phone (or two year or five year or ten year for that matter) is deserving of ridicule that sounds like a personal problem of your own.
[doublepost=1474673747][/doublepost]
Quite easy actually, I'm an Android user where there aren't restrictions of any kind.

You haven't heard about Pixel being unable to root? Likely a start of a trend on the Android side of the house. I don't expect full walled garden any time soon but the days of "do whatever you want" on Android phones are numbered.

edit: I like your avatar.

Last edited:

lauti

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
If I'm not currently an iPhone upgrade program member but want to enroll, can I reserve a phone through that reservation system or am I excluded?

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
People looking to do a reservation could thank Samsung for rushing out their Note 7 and creating a global recall. Tons of angry customers left to go back or try Apple.

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
More upgrade program mess. Look, I was an upset IUP member when the pre-order mess happened. I thought Apple should do something to make it more fair. This isn't fair. IUP and anyone else should have EQUAL access to phones. That's all anyone should expect.

That being said, I was one who called in the Monday before release and got a promise that they would try to reserve a Jet Black for me. But the new pre-order stock came out the Wednesday before release, and since it was before Apple promised me anything I pre-ordered Black. When they finally called me back on Thursday, they offered me the Jet Black for reserve as soon as possible so I told them I was no longer interested and to cancel my reservation. But lo and behold, I get an email today saying my Jet Black iPhone will be ready on Saturday.

This is amateur-hour behavior here. I'd expect this from some new company on Kickstarter, but Apple should be above this.

Reactions: Matt George

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
"but many customers were able to bypass the program and pay in full or with carrier financing instead upon arriving at their local Apple retail store."

So many hopes and dreams, shattered.... in a single sentence...

Is this what they call the Apple eco-system? Perhaps Apple made a mistake...... And if they did, why were users allowed to bypass the program in the first place..

Rules can change yes, but i would argue, not when users have already set it. Apple should have done this before they announced it..

Last edited:

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
If I'm not currently an iPhone upgrade program member but want to enroll, can I reserve a phone through that reservation system or am I excluded?

You don't need the reservation system, you can apply online and have it drop shipped to your home. The reservation system is needed for those of us on the program now so that we can exchange our current device.

Reactions: Kaibelf

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
This literally is the worst launch I have ever seen with Apple.

Whomever planned this is a freaking buffoon.

Why even pretend your launch day is in September if there is no availability till late October. Just do your launch in October and avoid this type of BS.

Reactions: Matt George

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
This literally is the worst launch I have ever seen with Apple.

Whomever planned this is a freaking buffoon.

Why even pretend your launch day is in September if there is no availability till late October. Just do your launch in October and avoid this type of BS.

To be fair, Samsung's unexpected "gift" showed up at the very last second, which forces Apple to deal with more demand.

lauti

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
You don't need the reservation system, you can apply online and have it drop shipped to your home. The reservation system is needed for those of us on the program now so that we can exchange our current device.

I know that, but am looking to get it ASAP and there is stock in my area

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Non-IUP customers seem to be bitching about this news, but Apple has already screwed existing IUP customers by severely limiting the initial stock during pre-ordering (even if it was done unintentionally).

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
guys dont buy into the hype. wait another year.

We iphone 8 users are going to laugh at you rocking the old iphones with the big bezels as the new iphone wont have a home button.

so essentially you're paying $400+ to rent the iphone from apple if you upgrade next year.
Enjoy your 7s next year

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
More upgrade program mess. Look, I was an upset IUP member when the pre-order mess happened. I thought Apple should do something to make it more fair. This isn't fair. IUP and anyone else should have EQUAL access to phones. That's all anyone should expect.

That being said, I was one who called in the Monday before release and got a promise that they would try to reserve a Jet Black for me. But the new pre-order stock came out the Wednesday before release, and since it was before Apple promised me anything I pre-ordered Black. When they finally called me back on Thursday, they offered me the Jet Black for reserve as soon as possible so I told them I was no longer interested and to cancel my reservation. But lo and behold, I get an email today saying my Jet Black iPhone will be ready on Saturday.

This is amateur-hour behavior here. I'd expect this from some new company on Kickstarter, but Apple should be above this.

No, IUP should get selective treatment for phones. Simple as this: the day of the unveiling a new phone, or even earlier, survey your IUP members and determine if they will upgrade or not. If not, just look up IUP #s, free up that much stock, then assume they will upgrade between Day 1 and Day 8 of the phone's release period. If not, the phone(s) go back to inventory for others to buy. I want IUP to have a separate inventory to avoid further clutter.

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Geeez....I am getting tired of having ordered my phone at 6am on launch, absolutely zero movement,and people have been walking in and picking up phones. So now I stay up till 12:01 trying to order a phone at a local store. I have found a phone twice, and suddenly....poof....its gone. Now I can't reserve for pickup unless I sign up for a program I do not want? I can't bring my $900 to the store and get a phone? This has officially become annoying. I was pissed when they were not queueing on launch day.....something is starting to evaporate from this company.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Let me get this straight: This appears to mean I might as well stop looking at "istocknow" or attempt to reserve a phone for my AT&T Next account, because it's not happening anymore, and just wait for my preorder to ship. Is that right?

Are they still selling to walk-in customers?

rmbpuser

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2012
Im not a UP member but I don't think its bad that Apple is doing this, if anything it shows loyalty to existing customers (which is good) rather than trying to please other customers (which would make more business sense).

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
No, IUP should get selective treatment for phones. Simple as this: the day of the unveiling a new phone, or even earlier, survey your IUP members and determine if they will upgrade or not. If not, just look up IUP #s, free up that much stock, then assume they will upgrade between Day 1 and Day 8 of the phone's release period. If not, the phone(s) go back to inventory for others to buy. I want IUP to have a separate inventory to avoid further clutter.

Absolutely not. Why should those of us who choose not to 'pay to play' be penalized?

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Geeez....I am getting tired of having ordered my phone at 6am on launch, absolutely zero movement,and people have been walking in and picking up phones. So now I stay up till 12:01 trying to order a phone at a local store. I have found a phone twice, and suddenly....poof....its gone. Now I can't reserve for pickup unless I sign up for a program I do not want? I can't bring my $900 to the store and get a phone? This has officially become annoying. I was pissed when they were not queueing on launch day.....something is starting to evaporate from this company.

Damn yeah that does suck. Someone gave me the link to the site the other day. I went online at 12:02AM, selected multiple locations near me until I found what I wanted, reserved and picked it up 7 hours later. Great experience for me.

Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Reactions: Zaned303
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.