Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syphern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Ill probably be hated for saying this but 2gb ram should have been standard on the 6 plus... I bet apple knew it stutters - but decided to put 2gb ram in ipad Air 2 (which flies in terms of performance) but alas now the iphone 6s plus is out soooooooo more money to them...

PS - I sold my iphone 6 plus due to this!

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
Ill probably be hated for saying this but 2gb ram should have been standard on the 6 plus... I bet apple knew it stutters - but decided to put 2gb ram in ipad Air 2 (which flies in terms of performance) but alas now the iphone 6s plus is out soooooooo more money to them...

I have a 6+ and didn't have stutter problems...

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
You can always look at the specs and decide if the phone is right for you. Personally part of the reason I stayed away from the original 6+ was that I thought it was underpowered. I was telling people I expected it to be discontinued after a year. The only other device I really thought they released underpowered was the iPad 3

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Ill probably be hated for saying this but 2gb ram should have been standard on the 6 plus...

I don't think there's a single Apple product that was blatantly missing a feature.

iPad Mini should have had Retina
iPad Air should have had Touch ID
iPhone 5 should have had a bigger screen
iPhone 5s should have had NFC to allow Payment with TouchID
iPad Mini 3 should have had iPad Air 2 specs
iPhone 6 should have had 2GB RAM
iPad Mini 4 should have had an A8X instead of a plain A8
iPad Pro should have had Force Touch

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, if you look back at everything we've gotten over the years then I'd say the iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 are the most longterm iOS products they've ever made. (That said, I'm still upgrading from 6+ to 6S+)

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

YUP pretty much accurate

A8 CPU struggles with 1920x1080 thats why the regular 6 is faster. Also 1GB of RAM means its an Obsolete device and won't be getting many new features or Split view.

The Whole 6 Line was a bust the last Gen with Dual Core CPU and Series 6000 PowerVR graphics and 1GB DDR3 RAM

Sold me 6 for a nice $450 cash, brand new one too Apple had just replaced it due to a bad LCD on previous one.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

In no way can I see that Apple is screwed. My iPad Air 2 does not greatly outperform my iPad Air but if you think so, that's great.

Reactions: Applejuiced

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...

Yeah because Apple never used or tested the phone before they released it :rolleyes: You won't be hated for saying although it does make you look like you have a low IQ.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
YUP pretty much accurate

A8 CPU struggles with 1920x1080 thats why the regular 6 is faster. Also 1GB of RAM means its an Obsolete device and won't be getting many new features or Split view.

The Whole 6 Line was a bust the last Gen with Dual Core CPU and Series 6000 PowerVR graphics and 1GB DDR3 RAM

Sold me 6 for a nice $450 cash, brand new one too Apple had just replaced it due to a bad LCD on previous one.

Yes that iPhone 6 line "was a bust" but sold more than any iPhone in history. Get out much?

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
You can always look at the specs and decide if the phone is right for you. Personally part of the reason I stayed away from the original 6+ was that I thought it was underpowered. I was telling people I expected it to be discontinued after a year. The only other device I really thought they released underpowered was the iPad 3

The 6+ isn't discontinued as far as I know. If you mean upgraded then I agree but this is the case every year with every company that makes phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.