Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Happens every year. Personally, I see no excuse for it. Everyone knows how the number/S cycle works at this point. You jump in where you jump in knowing what the deal is. They upgrade. Every year. Your phone will be a generation behind in 12 months no matter what.

In fact the 6s is already out of date because Apple is undoubtedly working on the 7 already and maybe even the 7s.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
I have a 6+ and didn't have stutter problems...
Good for you, you are simply not sensitive to it, but don't deny its existence

Try browsing through safari with more than 3 tabs open and play music in the background. As you scroll through any content heavy webpage you will experience audio stutter everywhere.

Try swiping up control centre and see frame rates drop like crazy

Go into diagnostics page and see 20+ Jetsam (low memory) error logs get generated on a daily basis.

Compared to my iPhone 5, all the system animations on the 6 Plus run slower, tell me how this is acceptable?

Gotta love all the apple apologists on the first page. These are also the people who claim: Yosemite is so pretty! iOS 8 doesn't have bugs! Apple Maps is actually great! Apple Music works perfectly!

You can call this phone the iPad-3 equivalent of the iPhones.

Last edited:

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Good for you, you are simply not sensitive to it, but don't deny its existence

Try browsing through safari with more than 3 tabs open and play music in the background. As you scroll through any content heavy webpage you will experience audio stutter everywhere.

Try swiping up control centre and see frame rates drop like crazy

Compared to my iPhone 5, all the system animations on the 6 Plus run slower, tell me how this is acceptable?

The tab view is a laggy mess on the 6 Plus with 8.4.1. Mostly fixed in 9.x though.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
The 6+ isn't discontinued as far as I know. If you mean upgraded then I agree but this is the case every year with every company that makes phones.
I didn't meant to say it was. I meant that I said I expected it to be discontinued earlier than the 6 because it is less powerful and won't hold up for as many years. I was wrong in my prediction :)

striders

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Stutter I don't see, but the reloads when multitasking ... I.e. Safari, Reddit apps, etc.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
I can see it now...... "One year after the iPhone 6s release, Apple forces all exisitng users to upgrade to iPhone 7"

Newsflash: There's a new iPhone every year, each better than the last.
I don't think you got the point
It's not about having new phones being more powerful than the previous ones. It's about apple intentionally cheaping out on the hardware. The fact is, whether you people accept it or not, the 6Plus did not receive adequate GPU nor RAM to drive all the graphic downscaling that it's doing.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I don't think you got the point
It's not about having new phones being more powerful than the previous ones. It's about apple intentionally cheaping out on the hardware. The fact is, whether you people accept it or not, the 6Plus did not receive adequate GPU nor RAM to drive all the graphic downscaling that it's doing.

Then don't buy it.
It's pretty simple.
Most users out there don't even know what a gpu is or how much ram is in their phone. They just enjoy their device with no issues.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
Then don't buy it.
It's pretty simple.
Most users out there don't even know what a gpu is or how much ram is in their phone. They just enjoy their device with no issues.
Let me guess, you are one of those who respond to every post criticizing apple products with statements like: "switch to android then" "no one forced you to buy it"

I have the freedom to express dissatisfaction with a product, so don't go tell me what to do. (but I will kindly take your suggestion and shove it up my rear)

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I don't consider myself screwed. I update every year. Though, I've never been unhappy with my 6 plus performance...

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
I just love the people who claim their 6+ doesn't stutter or reload safari tabs. Fact is, it does. It's the iPad 3 of iPhones. Extremely underpowered.
I see tab reloads in heavy Safari sessions. But I haven't seen any stuttering or performance issues. I'm only upgrading for the force touch and only so I can test it in my apps.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Ill probably be hated for saying this but 2gb ram should have been standard on the 6 plus... I bet apple knew it stutters - but decided to put 2gb ram in ipad Air 2 (which flies in terms of performance) but alas now the iphone 6s plus is out soooooooo more money to them...

PS - I sold my iphone 6 plus due to this!
It should have but remember that Apple didn't want to build 2 versions of the A8 SOC... most regular iPhone 6 consumers barely know what RAM is let alone ever thought that the phone didn't have enough.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Let me guess, you are one of those who respond to every post criticizing apple products with statements like: "switch to android then" "no one forced you to buy it"

I have the freedom to express dissatisfaction with a product, so don't go tell me what to do. (but I will kindly take your suggestion and shove it up my rear)

Not really.
Just a common sense answer. That's what I would do. If I really thought it sucked, or wasn't worth it to me I just would not buy it.
I wouldn't try to convince everyone else to do the same or accept my choice.
By all means express your dissatisfaction freely:)
I'll just politely disagree with your opinion. But it's your money and your decision obviously so whatever makes you happy.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I just love the people who claim their 6+ doesn't stutter or reload safari tabs. Fact is, it does. It's the iPad 3 of iPhones. Extremely underpowered.

Oh thanks for loving me! Yes, it stutters a little bit if you purposely observed it, most of the times you don't even notice. And that's the point.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I disagree with the OP I have had a few issues with my 6 Plus, but overall I have had a good experience. That being said I always welcome better performance from the S models and I have come to expect the non-s models to have some of these type flaws. It is the nature of sending out a completely redesigned phone. If you are an every other year person I would suggest getting on the s-cycle.

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2011
UK
Yeah because Apple never used or tested the phone before they released it :rolleyes: You won't be hated for saying although it does make you look like you have a low IQ.
If apple tested the phones, why did so many users end up with a completely useless phone, or have you forgotten the awful ios update debacle ?

Reactions: sunking101

syphern

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
How much did you sell it for? You managed to sell it immediately after hearing that the 6S+ would get 2GB of RAM?
Nope sold it in Aug I was very sure apple would put 2 gig in the 6s plus

But I agree with some here people don't want to believe it but this was the iPad 3 of phones.

Reactions: sunking101

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010

Wouldn't shoving your phone up there hurt at least a little and even hurt the performance of the phone? I've heard of butt dialing, but this is taking it to the extreme!

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.