Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bn-7bc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2008
Arendal, Norway
I would say that unless you're working with a small (by today's standards) display or HUGE documents, who needs maximize? Maximizing everything just to maximize it is one of those things I consider to be a bad habit people pickup from using Windows.
I beg to differ, having ADD/and less then perfect eye sight maximising helps me to focus on the task at hand. while maximising is not a a feature you use that often,others using it might not be a bad windows habit,
Just my 2 cenrs

Reactions: dilap

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Can someone test Pages '09 and Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 with El Capitan?

Anybody in the beta have and use the desktop publishing functions of Pages 09? I've heard this version of OS X "breaks" Pages '09 DTP functions. Can someone with both confirm or deny that? Ideally, the test won't be will Page '09 open. What I really want to know is will Pages '09 DTP functions work as they have up to now?

Same for Adobe Creative Suite 5.5. Works? Doesn't work? Some apps work and some don't?

Thanks for any very confident, "I've tested it and know for sure" answers.

UKPoliticsGuy

macrumors regular
May 3, 2009
Mail now crashes. Help!

Reason according to logs: Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSUnknownKeyException'

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Have they fixed the green button to work as it should? (maximize instead of fullscreen?). Most annoying bug in all of OSX. Can't believe Apple hasnt fixed this since yosemite.

There was never a maximise in OS X. If you need to use the Zoom feature, you can also double-click the title bar. Maybe they really should add an option so that user can set the default behaviour, but providing options like that is not really OS X style :)

Reactions: S G and Kroo

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
There was never a maximise in OS X. If you need to use the Zoom feature, you can also double-click the title bar. Maybe they really should add an option so that user can set the default behaviour, but providing options like that is not really OS X style :)

False. They did that with Mission Control with grouping application windows as well as folder view in the dock (fan, grid, list, etc).

Jul 4, 2015
Paris

Windowshade remember that?

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
With this speed

MGTINQYl.png

And it still takes me over 5 hours? must not be serious.

H7EjDAjl.png

You've got a reasonably fast car but are stuck on a potholed dirt road.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
i can understand split view on a tablet due to natural of apps are full screen only, but i can't see this on a desktop where all u gotta do is work in a window....

do users really want to keep an app in full screen always on a desktop at the same time as using another full screen app?

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Is Handoff working for anyone? No joy with my mid-2010 MacBook Pro (with upgraded Bluetooth card) and my iPhone 6.

I ran 'Continuity Activation Tool' after the update which has successfully enabled Handoff -- the option appears in System Prefs > General, and System Information shows Handoff as supported under the Bluetooth section.

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
i can understand split view on a tablet due to natural of apps are full screen only, but i can't see this on a desktop where all u gotta do is work in a window....

do users really want to keep an app in full screen always on a desktop at the same time as using another full screen app?

Yes, absolutely.

I have a space set up with Calendar and Mail split-screen. Works really well for me.

Also, I run a Windows VM in Fusion split-screen with Safari or Terminal. My XP VM is usually connected to my company's VPN which limits network access. Handy to have Safari or Terminal there for connecting to services on ports which the corporate proxy blocks.

EDIT: To explain further, Alt-Tabbing between apps sometimes isn't as nice to use as having everything visible at once. Likewise, having two apps full-screen is really useful, but sometimes it's good not to have to 4-finger swipe between spaces.

Reactions: laurihoefs

heretiq

Contributor
Jan 31, 2014
Denver, CO
Is Handoff working for anyone? No joy with my mid-2010 MacBook Pro (with upgraded Bluetooth card) and my iPhone 6.

I ran 'Continuity Activation Tool' after the update which has successfully enabled Handoff -- the option appears in System Prefs > General, and System Information shows Handoff as supported under the Bluetooth section.

Working perfectly on my iPhone 6 and 2013 rMBP -- as attested to by this post via handoff from Mac to iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.