Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Hot on the heels of the 9D10 seed, Apple appears to be working aggressively on the next Mac OS X 10.5.3 version with a new developer release only days after the first.

Apple has detailed 19 more fixes in the latest seed and has asked developers to focus testing on a broad range of features including AirPort, Dashboard, Back To My Mac, Automator, iCal, Printing, Time Machine and many others.

The rapid development release is curious at this early stage of seeding. Typically, Apple starts frequent seeding to developers when preparing for final release. Still, as of build 9D11, there are no known issues.

MacRumors does not participate in April Fools news stories. All stories posted today are real.

Article Link

Zali

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
I'm just glad to read that they are working on the AirPort. All of my internet applications are being wonky lately. And it's not anything I can pin down, so I hope this fixes it. :D (Oh, that's what you mean by grey icons...)

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
This is pretty awesome and it's very nice to see Apple be so quick with updates nowadays. It shows that they truly care or at least pretends to. :)

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
In the past when Apple has pushed out updates agressively it was becuse some other soon to be released product depended on it. I'm wondering if Apple does not have some new hardware about to be released. Or maybe some new software that depends on an OS upgrade. Maybe the long promised Final Cut Server? Who knows, but I'm betting something is causing them rush the OS update.

BVGuitarPlayer

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Arn stop pulling our legs. The gray is enough. We go days at a time without any updates, sometimes weeks. Then all kinds of stuff on this annoying day?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
we don't post april fools stories. all stories are 100% real.

arn

jonhaxor

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2007
thank the lord! .. my mail's been screwed up since i installed the last one ..

thank the lord! .. my mail's been screwed up since i installed the last one ..

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
I've noticed in 10.5.2 that when I click "Quit iTunes" from the iTunes menu, the application continues to run; if I click anywhere else other than my iTunes window, it quits immediately. No other app does this upon clicking "Quit" from the given app's menu.

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
I've noticed in 10.5.2 that when I click "Quit iTunes" from the iTunes menu, the application continues to run; if I click anywhere else other than my iTunes window, it quits immediately. No other app does this upon clicking "Quit" from the given app's menu.

The same thing happens to me aswell, I find it really annoying.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Time Machine and Bluetooth

Time Machine backups are interfering with Bluetooth on my MacBook Pro. Ever since I turned it on, each time an incremental backup starts my Apple bluetooth keyboard starts dropping it's connection. I hope this update fixes that annoying problem.

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
It is certainly unusual that the seeds are following each other so rapidly. I didn't expect to hear anything like this for another two weeks or so. Still, I'm glad Apple has a sense of urgency on fixes. My Mac is by NO means crash/problem free.

Sharky II

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom
1) Why on earth do people think this is an April Fool? I didn't even begin to think of that, it would be the worst and most boring april fool ever

2) I don't get that iTunes quit behaviour on my MBP or my Mac Pro...

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK

I have this too, out of interest do you have an AppleTV? i swear it started when i set my AppleTV back up again...

edit: I used the iTunes Feedback option to let Apple know about it.. if anyone reads it!

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
I hope this fixes some of the Open Directory/LDAP issues I've been having in Leopard server.
(Assuming they release the 10.5.3 server update at the same time as the client )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.