Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone10

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Probably a silly question but whenever 9.1 is officially released will the people on the beta receive the update to go from beta to final release or will I have to do something else?

Yes you get the gold master, usually before the main release then you get an OTA for the official version

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
This issue has been fixed for me for a while. I'm still on beta 4 right now. I think it was a backend thing that they addressed.
I think actually this issue was a local certificate problem, that yes was probably fixed. I haven't had the issue on devices since 91.b4

pexel

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
I hope this has fixed Apple Music constantly deleting my saved songs for offline listening. They randomly delete themselves every day or second day without me doing anything

Are you a Telstra subscriber by any chance?

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Quick question, so i'm getting an iPhone 6s in a couple of days and i'm running iOS 9.1 on my current 6, will i need to install the 9.1 betas in order to restore from my latest iCloud back-up? Or will I be able to restore just fine running the latest official release (which it's still going to be 9.0.2 most likely)?

veeco3110

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
brick nj
Quick question, so i'm getting an iPhone 6s in a couple of days and i'm running iOS 9.1 on my current 6, will i need to install the 9.1 betas in order to restore from my latest iCloud back-up? Or will I be able to restore just fine running the latest official release (which it's still going to be 9.0.2 most likely)?

Yup

Reactions: lucasrant

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some punk (probable the guy in charge of the Settings app team) is probably sitting at Apple HQ now laughing his a** off over this. Get your act together Apple. This just looks terrible.

View attachment 592039
More like the bug sits fairly low in the queue based on its severity and thus priority and no one is really giving it a second thought as more important things are being dealt with.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Has anyone else noticed that the new 9.1 betas (previous to this one) made the phone really sensitive to the rotation feature? I find now every time I unlock the phone is in landscape mode and I have to rotate a few times to get it back to portrait where it didn't use to rotate as easily (sensitivity?) before 9.1b

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Installed and noted the following:

-immediately after installing I launched the music app:

-my music appeared by artist but before I could tap on any of it the opt-in screen for apple music appeared (I hadn't selected it) and occupied the entire screen for 15-20 seconds then reported "an error has occurred" and quit back to the launch screen. Once re-launched the music player app worked as expected.

-music player has behaved normally since.

-Everything noticeable faster and smoother than before, app switcher and safari searches much better.

-Camera no longer has lengthy delay while waiting to launch.

-Not everything is 100% smooth as 8.41 but it is much less annoying to use at this point.

-Using 6 Plus 128 gig model.

Reactions: ErikGrim

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
More like the bug sits fairly low in the queue based on its severity and thus priority and no one is really giving it a second thought as more important things are being dealt with.

I would agree with you, if there were any noticeable bug fixes in the last few updates.
But, there wasn't so this issue should be climbing higher and higher on the priority list by now.

What is the problem in that screenshot?

When you first open the Settings app, that's what you see. It's scrolled down too far so it covers up Airplane Mode.

Reactions: skwood

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Has anyone else noticed that the new 9.1 betas (previous to this one) made the phone really sensitive to the rotation feature? I find now every time I unlock the phone is in landscape mode and I have to rotate a few times to get it back to portrait where it didn't use to rotate as easily (sensitivity?) before 9.1b

Was thinking this but can't tell if it's the software or just one of the things you deal with using a 6 plus with one hand

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Was thinking this but can't tell if it's the software or just one of the things you deal with using a 6 plus with one hand
On PB4 (and before?) I had it seeming to remember landscape, even when it had been in portrait for awhile and locked there. Opening messages would 'rechange' it to L. Had to unlock, change back to L and open/close messages, for example, and then re-lock it to get Portrait. Makes no sense why one app would think the universe was in a different orientation. :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I would agree with you, if there were any noticeable bug fixes in the last few updates.
But, there wasn't so this issue should be climbing higher and higher on the priority list by now.

When you first open the Settings app, that's what you see. It's scrolled down too far so it covers up Airplane Mode.
Except that there were quite a few fixes, they just might not have been things that you might have been affected by.

blackhawk2479

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
Agree with you 150%.

I thought system-wide use of Metal was supposed to speed things up? Getting a bit bored of Ive's obsession with endless layers of transparency and blur grinding everything to a halt. Every release gets worse.

Updated both my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6. Both still are pretty much exactly the same. Opening apps has a little bit less of a delay, but other than that, it's all exactly the same. I have no idea how PB4 and PB5 are such HUGE updates but change nothing! When will control center on my iPhone 6 perform the same as or better than the iPhone 5?? When will my iPad be able to do something as simple as the app switcher smoothly? Entering and exiting the switcher is a total train wreck. It even suffers on my iPhone 6. Not okay.

Reactions: duffman9000

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
No, not a programmer. Other updates were much smaller in size then this so I assumed the larger the file the more changes to the actual files?
You're not wrong. With delta updating, only the changes are downloaded, so the larger the delta update, the more changes were made.

Beta 4 and Beta 5 aren't delta updates for some reason, however, so the size of the update doesn't correspond to the changes made between builds, it's just the size of the OS.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA

This hot garbage has existed for a long time. Super annoying.

Reactions: SportTime
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.