Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of iOS 11.2 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming iOS 11.2 update to developers, four days after releasing the third iOS 11.2 beta, more than two weeks after releasing the first major iOS 11 update, iOS 11.1, and one day after the iOS 11.1.2 update.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 11.2 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

[​IMG]

iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash, Apple's new peer-to-peer payments service. Apple Pay Cash works through the Messages app and is designed to allow for quick person-to-person money transfers. It's available as a dedicated iMessage app in Messages, with cash transferred through the app.

Cash can be sent from a linked debit or credit card, while received cash is stored in an Apple Pay Cash card in Wallet that can be used for purchases or sent to a bank account.

On the iPhone X, iOS 11.2 adds a small bar underneath the icons located at the upper right side of the device on the Lock screen, which is designed to make the location of the Control Center gesture more clear. On the iPhone X, Control Center is accessed by swiping down from the top of the device.

In Control Center on all devices, there are two new informational pop-ups that are displayed when using the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth toggles. These pop-ups explain that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled temporarily rather than permanently when accessed from Control Center.

In iOS 11.2, there's support for faster 7.5W wireless charging for the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus. The faster speeds will be available when using third-party wireless chargers that support 7.5W charging or more.

The update also addresses an animation bug in the Calculator app that caused some numbers and symbols to be ignored when entered in rapid succession. The update removes the animations from the calculator app so calculations can be done quickly with no need to pause between entering numbers to obtain the correct result.

In addition to these bug fixes, iOS 11.2 introduces a new Now Playing option for controlling content on the Apple TV in Control Center, redesigned camera emoji, a new loading animation for Live Photos effects, and new Live wallpapers for the iPhone X, plus it adds a feature that lets developers offer new customers discounted introductory pricing for auto-renewable subscriptions on the App Store.

Update: Apple has also seeded a new version of iOS 11.2 to public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of iOS 11.2 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

Is the cold weather bug resolved in this beta too?

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I truly wonder what happened in the last three or four days that caused Apple to immediately push out this beta update.

4. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

It most likely is.

Maybe the one above.

5. csurfr macrumors 68020

37mb on the iPad Pro 10.5. Probably incorporates the most recent 11.1.2 bug fixes.

6. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Winter chills.

7. Rickjames74 macrumors member

Rickjames74

Updates for watch, tv, and iPhone. Most likely not just fixing the screen issue. Maybe we see GM Tuesday?

8. talkingrain macrumors newbie

9. danakin macrumors regular

danakin

My SE is still on iOS 10.3.3.
    I'm waiting (and hoping) that they'll allow for a long-press or other solution to completely shut off both wi-fi and bluetooth from the control panel. I enjoy the current control panel's convenience and would prefer not to have to go through the settings cadence. It's not the end of the world but also not as ideal as the current solution - in my opinion.
    I don't think it's too much to ask the (alleged) big brains in Cupertino to give device owners a, say it with me, choice.

10. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Come on now, this is just sad. If the update is less than 100MB it should let you download it without WiFi.

0A8359DB-2E93-4440-B604-069338408A53.png

Why do we still have these silly limitations anyway?

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Thanksgiving is next week. Apple is closed the entire week. Nothing is coming.

12. csurfr macrumors 68020

They actually close their offices for the week? Impressive.

13. justperry, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017

justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Even sillier is that it still takes ages for a small update like this, I would expect it to take considerable less time to install than a major update but it's slooooowwwww.

Edit: I timed it, 3 seconds to download, then 7 minutes whatever, next 1 minute verifying and after a restart it took another 7 minutes, Total 15 minutes on a 6S about 36.5 MB Update.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Yep. 10 days. Friday night to the Monday after Thanksgiving. Every year.

15. csurfr macrumors 68020

Good on Apple for doing that! I’ll guess it’s the same for X-Mas/NY.

Build # is 15C5110b in case anyone cares.

16. ValO macrumors 68000

17. ConfusedChris macrumors regular

ConfusedChris

Public beta available. (U.K.)
    36.5MB on iPhone 6s Plus.

18. JimmyBanks6 macrumors member

JimmyBanks6

11.2 also introduces Safari updates that should have been standard with the 11.0 release.

The css env(), min() and max() variables are introduced to allow web developers to code around the notch in an intuitive manner. In 11.0 env() was introduced as constant(), but did not permit developers to design a default padding or margin, forcing their gui to the edges when the safe environment is not in use.

Absolutely unbelievable that Apple wouldn't have finalized this code prior to release of 11.0.

19. abydm macrumors member

Public Beta Available (Canada)
    40MB on iPad Pro 2 12.9"

20. blacktape242 macrumors 68000

blacktape242

please PB today, that last one messed up my phone/voicemail app...

21. spazzcat macrumors 68030

spazzcat

Guessing it is close to GM.

22. csurfr macrumors 68020

Supposedly it’s already available.

23. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

The one above you says it is.

24. deanthedev Suspended

deanthedev

Passing Android Oreo adoption in 3....2....1....

25. Jace91 macrumors newbie

Battery life was great on beta 2 but has been awful on beta 3. Hopefully it’ll be better again with beta 4.