Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJWilkin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I use my iOS 11 iPhone and my non-beta Apple Watch Series 2 with no problems at all.
I might give it a try once PB3 drops

Mine showed the Apple Watch MAC address in Bluetooth and said it was an unknown device

Even restarts of both devices did not fix this
:-(

stevet

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Do people really report all errors or problems with these betas? Isn't that what all these betas are really for? I mean if people use these betas but don't report crashes or problems how does Apple issuing all these betas help?

I do, but I only run this on my iPad Pro 9.7" and mostly at home. I'm running the Public Beta 2 now and it's been slightly better than the 1st one, but not much. And definitely worse in some other areas that were previously not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrGuder

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Does voice dictation still capitalize the first letter of a word even when in the middle of a sentence? Really annoying me on PB 2.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Multitasking from the side of the screen doesn't work still for me (10.5 inch iPad pro).

mikesch

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2015
New icons for the Contacts, Notes and Reminders apps:

Contacts.png
Notes.png
Reminders.png

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You'll want to set it up as a new device, install DP4 OTA, and then go to "Settings > General > Reset > All Content and Settings" to get back to the initial setup process, and restore from your DP3 backup then (whether using iCloud backup or iTunes backup). You don't need to go to DP3 first, but will still need to get to DP3 or DP4 to use your previous backup.
Thank you so much! This will come in really handy this evening while I set it back up.

Pbrutto

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Eastern PA
Battery life has been fine even on beta 3.
Speak for yourself, I average needing a ful charge by 3PM and am at 5% by the end of the night. Battery in settings has been no help either.

Edit: Battery life is so bad, I am not even allowed to add the extra "L" to the word full

Reactions: nighthawk67

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Not really related to this beta but it still frustrates me that WiFi is a requirement to download the incremental update on my iPhone and yet my iPad tethered to my iPhone - still not technically wifi and it knows that it is tethered rather than true wifi as you get the different icon in the status bar - will download it quite happily despite using the same 4G data connection that it won’t let me use on the phone.

I know these updates are large and if you’ve only got a small data plan then they could chew through it quite quickly but why not show a warning and second confirmation rather than preventing it outright....

Reactions: yep-sure

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
So is there no way to force the multitasking at the right of the screen on iPad pro? Hasn't worked in any beta for me :(

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Do people really report all errors or problems with these betas? Isn't that what all these betas are really for? I mean if people use these betas but don't report crashes or problems how does Apple issuing all these betas help?

I report most of my public beta issues.

Lately tho it seems the feedback tool deletes some submissions and of the ones that reach the Apple they seem jumbled up with incorrect date stamps.

It would be professional if Apple had a published known issues list that would allow testers to click the issue and then submit a the necessary subset of the normal questionnaire.

Reactions: MrGuder

Capric0rn

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
Alright. I’m not one to scrutinize icon design like a hawk, but they clearly made the Reminders change for the hell of it lol.
I think it's a bug because I've just seen a screenshot with contacts mirrored as well. iOS 11 mirrors the entire UI for languages that read from right to left. I assume that's what's going on with those icons at the moment too, thus I assume it's a bug.

Reactions: warden and one more

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands

I don’t always report every app crash as I’m assuming these will get picked up through the enhanced crash logging in the betas anyway but I do tend to log any visual oddities I’ve had like landscape keyboard in portrait orientation and a few others. 99.9% of everything I’ve logged through the years has been closed as duplicate but I like to log it anyway just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.