Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
IIRC, your contacts window has a field you can add called "Phonetic nickname" - as a workaround, you can add "Kayden" under that. (and that is kinda odd, don't think I've seen "K"aydens, only "C"aydens.)

Hmmm I can't find it. Could you post a screen shot, or instructions? That would be really useful if it exists!

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
An OS will not stop your phone from "chewing" through your data plan. What you do with your phone is what's using your data. If your plan doesn't offer you much data be more restrictive with downloading apps and using services which require internet. The phone won't use much internet when idle apart from fetching email, messages and weather. I have 1GB of internet a month with my iPhone and I never use it up completely. Must be something you're doing but an OS upgrade won't fix it.

Flipboard, email, and GPS. Everything else is over wifi. Not a problem before. Now, it's a problem. Others have been blaming excess data consumption on the OS.

Jsansai

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
Just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6.1 beta 5. Not sure if it's just me, but I notice a huge improvement in app loading time and snappiness compared to 6.0.1. Pretty satisfying :)

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Just updated to iOS 6.1 Beta 5
No problems what so ever as of now... The only thing I noticed is well the album artwork in the lockscreen. It's much better (For me at least... OCD)
Apps load faster. Overall seems snappier.

Difference between 6.0.2 to 6.1 artwork on lockscreen
http://instagram.com/p/VAEkF9ss-n/

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Hey, is the battery an improvement in from IOS 6?. Anyone can post any usage stats? thanks I hope IOS 6.1 will fix battery bugs

Can you seriously tell me how you expect someone to check if battery has been improved when it has been less than 6 hours since this was made available?

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
It's one of the extra fields - after entering the edit screen, go to the bottom and choose "Add Field". Bunch of little goodies in there.

Sweet! I had no idea...I'm sure lots of people don't know about these little things apple hides in their os!

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
So guys, I've been contemplating loading this onto my iPhone 5, but I'm not sure I should. Have there been any reported problems with Beta 5? And what chance do you guys think this has of being the version released to the public? And if there are any changes with the public release, will I be able to update to that from this beta? :confused:

Nomax2000

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
If the public release has the same build you are not able to update. But than it isn't necessary.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
So guys, I've been contemplating loading this onto my iPhone 5, but I'm not sure I should. Have there been any reported problems with Beta 5? And what chance do you guys think this has of being the version released to the public? And if there are any changes with the public release, will I be able to update to that from this beta? :confused:

If you haven't done this before then I suggest you just avoid it, but yes, in the past with any beta you have been able to update to the public release.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Wow. I went on a bike ride today for a few hours. Location services is stuck being on and my phone has been absolutely eating battery. Normally, at this time of day, my phone would be at around 40-50% battery. It's at 12%.

oeyvind

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
Wow. I went on a bike ride today for a few hours. Location services is stuck being on and my phone has been absolutely eating battery. Normally, at this time of day, my phone would be at around 40-50% battery. It's at 12%.

Hope this is not the GM because the battery consumption rate now is back to 6.0.2 level on my iPhone 5. It was very good in beta 3 and beta 4.

Last edited:

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013

Can anybody else confirm this problem? Seems like a glaring bug apple would want to fix before making a public release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.