Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
A modern OS be dammed! These ads PROVE that We NEED more engineers working solely on memoji’s. Just slap thinner fonts on the OS with tackier colors so that 10 year old iOS thing so it can keep working on antique iPhones.

What exactly isn't modern about the OS, and what superior platform can you cite? And if you prefer a different OS, why do you inexplicably refuse to migrate there and instead stick with Apple's products, or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining?
[doublepost=1549640370][/doublepost]
And this boosts sales?

Since this is the latest in what is getting to be a pretty long series of ads, it must have a good ROI. Either that, or all the people who say Apple is only about the dollars are lying.

Reactions: arkhanjel

trillionaire

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2018
Canada
I agree, and yet since they're doing it then there must be a demand. I guess if you don't use it then don't use it and let the people that do have their fun.

Reactions: soyary

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
"Look! Famous people use our phones, so you should buy one." A celebrity that endorses a product makes me less interested, not more. Psst..I'm a millennial too.

Reactions: Adam Warlock

CrystalQuest76

Suspended
Dec 14, 2015
West Cost A Lot
The music is annoying but the technology and editing is impressive. I am curious how long and how many editors were involved in the creation of each? I am curious what video editor they used and how difficult it was to remove the default white background of Memoji videos. I have tried doing it in LumaFusion and have had difficulty removing the white background.

I agree with many other postings that if you don't like the Memoji then don't use it. The iPhones are really powerful devices with many features that even power users don't take advantage of. The people on MacRumors forums are not the average Apple customer anymore and need to realize that they are not who the Apple commercials are targeting.

Reactions: emmanoelle

leepalisoc

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
"Look! Famous people use our phones, so you should buy one." A celebrity that endorses a product makes me less interested, not more. Psst..I'm a millennial too.

Probably the first batch of the generation who whines about literally everything.
[doublepost=1549641932][/doublepost]
As usual, a stupid comment that pretends that graphic designers are the same as hardware engineers.

True. Actually, that guy probably thinks whoever is in the marketing team are also in the engineering team. He just believes there are only 10 people working at Apple.

LXC101

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2014
Lmao amazing.
If the execution/music bothers you, you really need to get with the times grandpa/ma.

Reactions: citysnaps

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009
If that’s what you think country music is, then yes.
It’s what Sean hannitty thinks is country. Kinda tells you where his tastes lie...

FGL and Ariana are just two peas from the same generic pod.

JediStarWars

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2015
I like the adverts, they're fun, and targeted to a specific demographic. That said, it's disturbing how far Apple have fallen.

To think that Apple are struggling with sales, pricing, innovative features, and marketing... And yet they focus on the wrong things. Again, I know they are marketing just one feature here, but look across all their other marketing endeavors - photography, "color" screens etc... They are just not resonating with their audience enough to convince people to splash out a large amount of money to buy their products.

People are happy to part ways with their money for Apple products (particularly iPhones), but Apple need to focus more on what people want. A couple of the biggest things the average user want are 1) affordable iPhones (i.e. $500, not $1,000+) and 2) longer battery lives.

People will be more prepared to consider newer iPhone models if the price is right and battery performance improves.

The majority of iPhone users don't care one hoot about Memoji. It's certainly not something that the average user cites as the reason why they upgrade their iPhone...

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Seems many old and sclerotic folk here do not understand an extremely important segment of Apple's customer base.
Teenage girls. Yeah, we get it. Apparently Apple's most important demographic now. Although I'd have to hope at least some of them would be offended by this statement.

As much as this is cringe to you and I, teen girls probably love it.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
I like the adverts, they're fun, and targeted to a specific demographic. That said, it's disturbing how far Apple have fallen.

To think that Apple are struggling with sales, pricing, innovative features, and marketing... And yet they focus on the wrong things. Again, I know they are marketing just one feature here, but look across all their other marketing endeavors - photography, "color" screens etc... They are just not resonating with their audience enough to convince people to splash out a large amount of money to buy their products.

People are happy to part ways with their money for Apple products (particularly iPhones), but Apple need to focus more on what people want. A couple of the biggest things the average user want are 1) affordable iPhones (i.e. $500, not $1,000+) and 2) longer battery lives.

People will be more prepared to consider newer iPhone models if the price is right and battery performance improves.

The majority of iPhone users don't care one hoot about Memoji. It's certainly not something that the average user cites as the reason why they upgrade their iPhone...
They just announced their 2nd largest quarter ever making a whopping $84 billion. Fallen is definitely not a good word to use.

People are hanging onto their phones longer because they do not see the value in upgrading. Phones have essentially peaked. There hasn't really been a revolutionary new feature added to the phone to make them more desirable.

Affordable iPhones exist. Check out the SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 8. Longer battery life requires new battery technology. Samsung has much bigger batteries in their phones, but the life isn't much longer if at all than iPhones.

Reactions: 480951

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
As usual, a stupid comment that pretends that graphic designers are the same as hardware engineers.
You clearly missed his point or joined the bandwagon, he meant that instead of Apple investing money into improving their awful lately designs such as problematic keyboards, they choose to waste it with Emoji Videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.