Apple Shares Teaser for Upcoming 'The Morning Show' Drama Coming to Apple TV+ This Fall

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today shared a one-minute teaser trailer for its upcoming "The Morning Show" drama show starring Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carell. The series will debut this fall on Apple TV+.

"The Morning Show," as its name suggests, will take a look inside the lives of the people who help America wake up in the morning.
    Apple has also created Twitter and Instagram accounts for "The Morning Show."

Apple TV+ is Apple's upcoming streaming video service that will compete with Netflix on original content, with dozens of TV shows and movies already lined up. Apple TV+ will be available this fall on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and select smart TVs from brands like Samsung.

Article Link: Apple Shares Teaser for Upcoming 'The Morning Show' Drama Coming to Apple TV+ This Fall

2. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

It’s beyond belief that Apple won’t release the price for the streaming service as Disney Plus is about to launch

3. yossi macrumors regular

Steve Carrell? Sign me up! Hoping for an office call back (e.g - that's what she said)

4. Akkudude macrumors newbie

Akkudude

Always a good sign if the comment section is locked

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

I guess we will see how this goes. I’ll tune in for a few episodes

6. DrMotownMac macrumors 6502

DrMotownMac

That would be great, but that teaser trailer smells much more like melodrama than comedy. But let’s keep our fingers crossed!

7. Kaibelf Suspended

Kaibelf

Apple's videos almost always have comments locked. They likely don't want to play in the cesspool that is all over places like Twitter and YouTube comment sections, and yet somehow they haven't gone out of business.

8. FightTheFuture macrumors 65816

FightTheFuture

At this point it makes sense to let all the other services announce their pricing. Not sure what Apple’s strategy is just yet but they don’t have a back catalog so it can’t be priced the same way.

I believe all of Apple’s YT channel comments are always locked.

9. Herrpod macrumors regular

Herrpod

Carrell doing comedy is a sure thing. This is Carrell doing serious. If you want Carrell doing comedy, you gotta wait for Space Force coming to Netflix.

10. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

I'm, sorry but all I will be able to see is Evan Baxter.

[​IMG]

11. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

I am on pins and needles to see what they dare ask for this "service".
    They may pull a Disney and bundle other things but I doubt it.
    They almost have to charge $10 a month but there is nowhere near enough content for that.
    Expensive content is nice but it doesn't fill the void. How many times are you going to watch Oprah's love letter to herself and the Morning Show season?

12. calzon65 macrumors 6502a

calzon65

I think the Apple credit card will be a success and iTunes as a content distribution platform was a success, but original entertainment content creation is not that easy … I'm 50/50 on this one.

13. Herrpod macrumors regular

Herrpod

Given that Disney+ combined with Hulu and ESPN is going to destroy Apple's offering, I can see Apple trying to compete by creating an attractive bundle with Apple TV+, Apple Music, and Apple Arcade. Otherwise they're going to get destroyed.

14. cardfan, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2019

cardfan macrumors 68000

This looks pretty awful. Don’t mind the actors but a news drama?

15. Syrgul macrumors member

I think you're going to see a lot of people confused over what this is supposed to be. It's being advertised as a drama, the 'teaser' sounds like a drama, but it's headlined by three people known for comedy. This is probably going to go the same way as Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot". A good movie, but totally not what was expected going in.

16. cardfan macrumors 68000

I’d be surprised to see a bundle. That said Apple won’t care too much if Disney’s offering is an Apple channel.

Apple’s content is only meant to get people to use its tv app. And take 30% when you sub to apple’s so called competition like Disney+.

17. Mr. Dee macrumors 68020

Mr. Dee

Not excited would be an understatement. That one with the blind people sounds interesting though.

18. TobyR macrumors member

TobyR

Odd choice. I can't see how it can avoid being political for given current writing practices and trends.

Seems destined for controversy … how long before character X has an issue with topic Y and stands their ground against archetype Z?

19. CordovaLark macrumors member

CordovaLark

Give us a trailer for the Foundation TV series...

20. RogerWilco, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2019

RogerWilco macrumors 6502a

RogerWilco

Exactly what I was thinking — most “news” today is drama with bad acting.

21. ChrisNH macrumors regular

ChrisNH

I think morning TeeVee Nooze people are the most insufferable media hacks on the planet. They're full of self-congratulatory backslaps, guffaws at things that are never funny, inane anchor banter, and other annoyances. And through it all, these people really want to kill each other when they 'go to commercial.'

Sounds good to me!

22. Baymowe335 macrumors 603

Apple is trembling with your lukewarm review.

Reality is, Apple will make this work if they want to play the long game. The hardest part of content is having enough money to buy it, create it, or license it. Apple has plenty of money to do all 3.

Netflix should be the scared one. Disney is coming and they are relentless.

23. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

Oh damn, that's awful!
    WHY people do you need more and more and more TV? Simply tragic.

24. Ceelo187 macrumors newbie

Ceelo187

If this is going to be anything like The Newsroom count me in

25. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Apple won't have enough interesting content for another 2-3 years at least, compared to Disney and Hulu altogether, even Netflix or HBO. They're just too powerful. One or two good shows won't make them among the best streaming services.