Apple Shares Teaser for Upcoming 'The Morning Show' Drama Coming to Apple TV+ This Fall

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Brandhouse macrumors 6502

What twit dreams up these boring programmes. Maybe they're targeted to the US market, because they sure as hell won't work internationally.

2. hagar macrumors 6502a

A TV show about journalism and honesty. Apple fighting the fake news debacle!

3. travwill macrumors newbie

Apple is going to have to price this streaming TV service dirt cheap if these shows are all it has. This show in particular looks like an ego-stroking pretty lame show and we've yet to see a preview (real preview) of anything that looks remotely entertaining yet.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I wish there was a subscription service for ALL iTunes tv shows and films including new releases plus Apple Originals shows...but I’m dreaming.

5. DoctorTech macrumors 6502

DoctorTech

I've had Netflix for several years. It was a repeated recommendation from a friend to try out House of Cards that got me to sign up and I've kept the subscription ever since even though I find myself watching it less and less. "Patriot Act" and "Blown Away" are about all I watch on Netflix anymore. I will at least give Apple TV+ a try when it comes out and if I like it I will probably drop Netflix and keep ATV+. I know they won't have as much content but it will ALL be new content.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 12, 2019 ---
    I would love that but like you, I doubt we ever see a deal like that.

6. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

Apple should’ve tried to build an iTunes Store-like platform for streaming services. Get everyone under your roof to compete with Netflix. There’s too many services out there to subscribe to.

I’m not sure what to think of Apple getting into this space. There’s too little to subscribe to Apple TV+ on its own. They will probably launch it in a bundle with other things. - they’d be daft not to.

I don’t like subscriptions generally. I’ve gone on a mini spending spree on iTunes for Disney/Pixar films before Disney+ comes out.

About the only thing I’m happy to pay a subscription for is iCloud storage.

Like others have said, an iTunes Store subscription would be awesome.

7. mdriftmeyer macrumors 68030

mdriftmeyer

Clearly, Macrumors has always been the benchmark for future Apple successes. Oh wait! It's just the opposite. In fact, it's predictable this little cesspool of hate craps all over ``what they decry as a failure'' always becomes a massive global success.

8. lJoSquaredl macrumors 6502

"Everytime you purchase a new Apple product you get 6 months of Apple TV+ for free!" Would be sick cuz I already buy a lot of stuff...and that'd help with their sales issues recently too I would think.

9. Magic Toolbar Mike macrumors newbie

Apple leadership has convinced themselves they're somehow storytellers in attempt rationalize that they're actually financial engineers. Pathetic.

10. fermat-au macrumors 6502

A teaser that don't show any of the stars, just a few sets and voice over.
    Has Apple actually shot a single episode of the show yet?
    or even written a script beyond a single page outlining the premise?

11. pankajdoharey macrumors 6502

pankajdoharey

So all the lately unemployed people have made it to the show. Great!

12. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Apple has never said this.

It's quite likely they'll license some archive from elsewhere.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 13, 2019 ---
    They literally are.

13. TheRealTVGuy macrumors 6502a

TheRealTVGuy

Hey! What’s wrong with News dramas??
    :)

14. cardfan macrumors 68000

This is what they’re trying to do. Get all the streaming apps inside the atv app and enjoy 30% of what you pay Disney, hbo, etc. Thats the game plan.

Disney isn’t competition in that sense. Apple’s real battle is getting them to be a channel.

Apple’s content is simply there as enticement to use the atv app. They could never be profitable on this content alone absent the third party channels.

Apple’s real competition is being the ones you use to pay for streaming. Amazon comes to mind. Or simply the services themselves. Netflix pulled out.

15. cardfan macrumors 68000

Apple can spend for it. But will they? Not like Netflix will. 1 billion vs 15billion. You do the math. Heck I’d rather they buy back stock vs sinking billions into video content.

Would you even want Apple spending anywhere near Netflix on content? They cannot charge enough to make a profit unless channels helps them out.

Apple isn’t interested in buying any established library. Time warner? No interest. This is more a hobby for Apple right now imo in trying to promote atv app.

Even tvOS eliminates next from showing up at top in beta. You actually have to go into the atv app now. That’s telling. Not to mention it sucks as I never used atv app.

16. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

Not by paying one subscription fee, they’re not

17. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

I meant by bundling them together as one payment to watch them all

18. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Sounds like they need to buy a few studios and get all their content!

19. TheMacDaddy1 macrumors regular

I seriously do not get it. This was announced 2...3 years ago now? When does it launch and what does it cost??? Apple it is good to get it right but for f-sake taking to much time to get it right and people will go some place else.

20. Ncrit macrumors newbie

Agree completely. Personally I see myself subscribing to Netflix and Disney. Apple will
    Be expensive with less content
    --- Post Merged, Aug 13, 2019 ---
    You are absolutely correct. The price will
    Have to be cheaper than Disney which I doubt to gain some traction. I can’t see
    Myself with multiple streaming services.

21. chucker23n1 macrumors 68020

chucker23n1

It was announced in March.

22. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

That scene was only funny because of the second half of what was going on not shown in this gif (not referring to Jim Carrey). This comedian is garbage unless he's got a good script written by people who know what they are doing. Great example of garbage: Evan Almighty.

I hope these people aren't just given free will to do what they think is funny.

23. johnyslats macrumors 65816

johnyslats

24. TracesOfArsenic macrumors regular

TracesOfArsenic

All the money in the world doesn't guarantee good content. You can make amazing content on a shoe string budget with the right talent. Maybe if they're completely hands-off they could commission visionaries to create something truly worthwhile for them but Apple is the king of micromanagement (which TBF for the most part has worked very well for them) and creating content is a different kettle of fish to creating silicon and software. We're about to find out how much they understand that!

25. Tech198 macrumors G5

This looks like a "The theory of everything" movie,, capped.