Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathan.l.larsen

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2014
well they didnt respond to mine from yesterday about the atrocious landscape 3D Touch on the 6s Plus, even gave them a video.

I had been experiencing the same issues since I had my 6 Plus last year, and it has persisted through all the betas this year with my 6s Plus. However, the most recent beta, released this week, has fixed the issue for me.

Best of luck!
[doublepost=1457119500][/doublepost]
@Applesupport - Can you please fix Apple's strategy? #inovateordie

#spellcheckorbemocked

ReneR

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Berlin, Germany
did they also fix any bug yet? :-/
[doublepost=1457121047][/doublepost]
Must be different in different parts of the world. I only ever called apple support the once, left my number, and within five minutes , I was called back, two problems and a apple care plus sorted, all helpfully and with humour.

I really have nothing but praise for the way my stupidity was eased.

I had to fight multiple weeks, multiple in person and phone calls because they did not want to replace my image retaining 15" rMBP LG display because I came after 1 year, and as I purchased it thru my Germany business they only value the 6 month by German law. Although they confirmed with local testing that the LG display retains enough to justify a replace for a normal user.

Awesome business support and treatment. Especially given that their inventory supply chain management ordered such crappy LG displays in the first place. After escalating it to the higher EU support management they made an "exception" and eventually replaced it, ... But this does not make one feel like depending on Apple hardware for professional use, ...

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I think it's a nice addition to the Apple Support network. Twitter is a very easy way to receive instant and quick, but personal support, without going through the menu system on the Apple website only to be told to call them or be shown endless product support/FAQ pages, none of which answer your specific question.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
If I used Twitter: Hey, Apple - how about making low-end Macs good again instead of their sucking balls? Also, why not make El Capitan's graphics ACTUALLY efficient so that at least more than half your machines can run them smoothly?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
If I used Twitter: Hey, Apple - how about making low-end Macs good again instead of their sucking balls? Also, why not make El Capitan's graphics ACTUALLY efficient so that at least more than half your machines can run them smoothly?

Would it be more appropriate to tweet that to @applesupport or would you tweet that to @applesuggestionbox (or @applecomplaints)? Like anything in social media, try to stay on topic. That way, the people who need to get and give support don't have to wade through a lot of noise.

Reactions: vito

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Thank you. I had no idea, I really thought they could handle the issue over Twitter and push me an update.

Np!
This is how we learn....
I don't own the rights to that knowledge & I'm pleased to share it with you.
We all started out somewhere & nobody knows everything; that's the purpose of message boards like these. I'm genuinely glad that you sought & found edification.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
It would be equally, if not more fascinating to see what's trending for support. IE - what are people asking for help with?
I contacted them because I'm having issues deleting emails. I delete them and 5 seconds later they come back. Very annoying.

I can only imagine this Twitter account is being clogged up with stupid things like this. The account is called applesupport not applecomplaints. :rolleyes:

Reactions: vito and samcraig

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
Must be different in different parts of the world. I only ever called apple support the once, left my number, and within five minutes , I was called back, two problems and a apple care plus sorted, all helpfully and with humour.

I really have nothing but praise for the way my stupidity was eased.
Same here, and it has been that good every time I have called.

timborama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Yet Apple refuses to provide support via their own discussion forums... ironic. I guess they think they can solve customer issues 140 characters at a time (or actually know they can't and are just using Twitter for entertainment purposes only).

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Another Apple gimmick... Trying to be cool. Not even Snow White would wanna take a bite out of this..... Poison apple.

Reactions: timborama

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Another Apple gimmick... Trying to be cool. Not even Snow White would wanna take a bite out of this..... Poison apple.
May seem like a gimmick, but I'm sure this is a good way to knock out simple questions like "how do I turn on Bluetooth?" That would take several minutes with a phone call or waste a spot at the Genius Bar. If you think of it that way, it's not a bad idea.

Reactions: Goatllama

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
I had been experiencing the same issues since I had my 6 Plus last year, and it has persisted through all the betas this year with my 6s Plus.
[doublepost=1457119500][/doublepost]

#spellcheckorbemocked

Well... I can tell you FOR CERTAIN why you were having troubles with 3D Touch in landscape mode on your 6 Plus last year: it's because the technology hadn't come out yet & was never available on that device.
Less sure why you had the issue with your 6S Plus though... that one actually has it.

MacGod

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
They are just trying to reach a wider audience with their support questions/options - I prefer the forums, but younger people probably like shorter, more compact replies via Twitter. Not very efficient, unless there is a quick fix.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida

Lol, wut????!
Adding another avenue towards solving tech support issues is bad & makes you want to stay away from a company???!
Ummmm... I can straight up GUARRANTEE you're on your own here, pal.
The rest of us HATE having to call tech support & welcome as many expedient options as possible- be they web chat, Twitter, whatever saves a trip through the phone tree.
Also, even if you prefer phone tech support; wouldn't it be a PLUS to have less wait because many are being served in this manner as well??
Unclear how anyone could perceive this as a negative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.