Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Rose gold eh ? I'm in favor of Rose gold. pink seems tacky I think for the non "c" iphones.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
If they make pink, presumably with a white front, I hope they switch gold to a black front. I like gold, but I don't want a white bezel around my screen.

You beat me to it! I don't know of I'd buy gold or not, but the new MacBook confirms my view that gold looks a lot better with black than with white.

(Plus white reflects so much ambient light that it makes the screen seem dimmer.)

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
But seriously, please don't ruin the current Macbook design with this stupid crap. The clickable trackpad works great, and I like being able to configure a two-finger tap, etc.

According to several reviews, it's hard to tell the difference with the taptic engine compared to the mechanical button, and you get the benefit of being able to click anywhere on the trackpad. The configurability is still there, with the force tap as an added gesture.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Pass. For two reasons:

1. There's no way I'm upgrading from my iPhone 6 Plus just for force touch and a pink option.
  2. I upgrade every two years, and my iPhone 6 Plus will only be a year old.
Full disclosure: Only the second reason means anything. The first is total nonsense. For those currently carrying an iPhone 5S, and waiting anxiously for the 6S models to be released, I'm going to be so happy for you, and a little jealous for about 12 months until the iPhone 7 comes out in 2016.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Random guesses are the best. Make enough of them and some of them will come true, then people will think you have some sort of slight credibility.

It's silly guesses like this that make all the people come to the forums and complain and cry after every Keynote because "they didn't announce that thing that someone guessed they would!"

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Please get rid (or reduce the size) of the bezels in the iPhone 7. All the patents and tech exist to do it today.

bpcookson

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
MA
But what does Force Touch actually do? I mean, speeding up a movie's scrub speed? I'm not sure that sounds like a good design solution.

So is it a contextual interaction that changes depending on where your cursor is? Just doesn't seem right; we already have right clicks or two finger taps dedicated to contextual menus, so what's the new context? If it doesn't bring up a menu and it does different things all the time, then how do I ever know what it's going to do? Just keep trying it everywhere to find out?

Mumble mumble mumble, something about discoverability, and now you point me to an article that explains all this for me. Thanks in advance.

----------

Random guesses are the best. Make enough of them and some of them will come true, then people will think you have some sort of slight credibility.

It's silly guesses like this that make all the people come to the forums and complain and cry after every Keynote because "they didn't announce that thing that someone guessed they would!"

Oh come ON. They're citing the Wall Street Journal. If they didn't pass this rumor on they couldn't call themselves a rumor site.

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Rose gold color? Or actual Rose gold?

Show me the $20k iPhone~ That makes way more sense as a status symbol than a $10k Apple Watch.

$100k with diamond encrusted volume and power button. Platinum, Gold, Rose Gold. 2015 units per color limited edition. Sapphire front glass (GT Advance yield problem no longer an issue). Let it go with 3 years warranty in case they shatter that Sapphire glass like no tomorrow.

Apple should also do a luxury sub-brand to differentiate ppl dropping 5 figures and above with us poor souls buying their cheap mass market stuff. Can be aspiration piece.

Apple should so hire me as their luxury marketing consultant. The current Apple watch is hideous as a luxury fashion piece even coming from a die hard Apple fan here.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
It works flawlessly for me. Except when my thumbs are a little wet. Or i am wearing gloves.

Same here. TouchID is 100% reliable on iPhone 6 Plus (never tried a 5S).

Maybe "improvement" could mean truly INSTANT detection rather than 1/10 second or whatever it is. I'd feel that difference and appreciate it.

quagski

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Rumor has it Apple is going to drop the number naming convention for the "iPhone 7" and will just call it "iPhone".

Gusjasso

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2013
Pink? #
I remember that Motorola V3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 116

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
I have read complaints about the force touch. I'm not sure the technology is there yet.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
For those of us who aren't interested in the Apple watch right now, what is the benefit of force touch? I am not seeing much there.

It depends how iOS and apps are enhanced to take advantage of it.

Drawing and painting programs could obviously benefit. When you press hard using a pencil or paintbrush tool, you make a darker line. F

or selecting text, a hard press followed by a drag could select multiple words. Currently you have to lift your finger and try to grab one of the handles to extend your selection. For me, that means as often as not I unselect the word I already had.

Hard press on an app icon, and it could take you to the settings for that app, or take you to the page to open a document using the app, or pop up a "glance" of the most likely thing you'd be opening the app for.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
I will be incredibly disappointed if they don't offer a 5-series size this time. I don't want a bigger phone. It's fine if others do, and happy they have the option*, but I don't.

Force Touch will be an amazing addition to the iPhone though, and open up a lot of new possibilities for app ideas and app features.

* (happy in abstract, though as a developer the 6/6+ are a pain to support)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.