Apple to Launch a White iPad 2?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 28, 2011.

1. DrJohnnyN macrumors 65816

DrJohnnyN

+1 if they keep the black bezel as well.

It's always nice to have options.

2. toddybody Guest

toddybody

White + Aluminum = ACER Looking POS. Oh goodness that would look horrid.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

4. Stiksi macrumors regular

Stiksi

Most likely you have acid reflux. Stop eating fatty foods.:p

5. DrJohnnyN macrumors 65816

DrJohnnyN

6. 0815 macrumors 68000

Quite the opposite for me - don't like the white iPhone ... but white iPad could be nice, but I would have to see it in persion to decide if I like it. Well, guess it is all a matter of personal preferences.

But than ... I really don't care too much, I'm happy with the black iPad1 and I will be happy with a black iPad2 (which hopefully won't take too long until I hold it in my hands)

7. Stiksi macrumors regular

Stiksi

It was a happy ending, they both lived together until the end of their lives.

8. Schmal macrumors newbie

That hole is for the ambient light sensor... it's the exact same size and in the exact same spot as it is now. I guarantee it has a front facing camera as it's all part of Apple standardizing all their products. Plus there's been huge speculation that Apple will drop the home-button all-together. So in other words, I doubt this is legit.

9. Megagator macrumors regular

Megagator

Does white really blend well with an aluminum back? With the white iPhone 4 the metal antennae was symmetrical in-between the white glass. I would suspect this is either a fake or Apple will need to redo the backing. Liquid metal perhaps? :rolleyes:

10. Stiksi macrumors regular

Stiksi

A white iPad would be a good thing. It's not for everybody but at least there would be some way of telling a glass plate from a glass plate without fingerprint analysis. Choice is good.

I'm starting to feel like the landscape artist from the Fast Show with all this black surrounding me…

11. 0815 macrumors 68000

That would be sweet ... it's always funny when doing skype video calls and people are (naturally) starring at the screen where the video is and it always looks like they 'look away' when you look at their picture.

12. tthere5 macrumors member

A white iPhone or iPad would be beautiful I'm sure but I'm not holding my breath. The last thing they should do is compromise functionality for aesthetics. The beauty of apple is their ability to excel at producing gorgeous, highly functional products. I'd much rather have no white products at all than have apple compromise it's quality control.

13. mac jones macrumors 68040

Mythical albino iPad.

Next they will show a blurry vid of Big Foot carrying one. Wait, I think I did see that.....hmmm

14. doctor-don macrumors 68000

White will not show fingerprints as black does as the user moves it around, but I would think that white would have a tendency to become discolored like the white MacBooks.

15. rscott4563 macrumors member

No the light sensor doesn't have a hole like that on any of the other Apple products (iPad 1, Touch, iPhone etc) the light sensor works through the coloured glass. That's a camera lens hole, it's way too big for anything else.

16. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i would love to see a white iPad! i just hope this is a pretty big update, and that it's available very soon!

17. acastic macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does it make sense for Apple to basically double the various models it currently sells by adding another color? That's a lot of shelf space...

18. insider-man macrumors member

Well get ready for a white iPad - it's real.

You probably won't believe me now but you'll believe me when it's been announced.

On that note I will leave you . . .

:apple:

19. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

20. applekid macrumors 68020

Believable. But that small hole looks only small enough for the light sensor that's on the original iPad. Maybe they're keeping the original iPad for sale and adding a camera version for the higher end?

21. doctor-don macrumors 68000

iPad = 64GB max RAM / 10-inch display / $699 Wi-Fi ($829 with AT&T 3G).

MacBook Air = 64GB RAM (max of 256GB) / 11-inch display (to 13-inch) / $999 (to $1599).

Mac Classic had a 9-inch screen. Required scrolling except when working with small images and documents.

Smaller iPad display - No, thank you. I had fun with the Classic, but I don't want to go backwards.

MacBook Air seems to have several advantages over the iPad. Why would I want an iPad? Just to save $300?

22. insider-man, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

insider-man macrumors member

23. rscott4563 macrumors member

Right every one take their iPhone 4's out of their pockets place on the table in front of them and then tell me where exactly this big hole for the light sensor is.....?

That's right there isn't one, its hidden behind the glass. So why would apple now be going backwards and instead of placing it behind the glass they've decided to put a big camera sized hole in the coloured bezel just so everyone can see the light sensor?

ITS A CAMERA HOLE! :rolleyes:

24. allamoureux07, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

allamoureux07 macrumors member

Funny how we can simply discard this picture as fake due to the lack of a camera cutout (looks like a proximity sensor to me), whereas the paid writer of this article mistakingly jumps to the conclusion that this must be iPad 2.

25. allamoureux07 macrumors member

Remember, this ISN'T Apple - this is a third party Chinese reseller. Maybe they don't have the materials (i.e. what Apple currently uses for the color, glass, etc.) to implement a behind-the-glass sensor.