Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
That's not white. Its an unpainted part.

The fixation on white iphones/ipads is absurd. They're hideous.

Cheerwino

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
S.C.
Ugh! White iPhone or iPad looks so dated! I would even prefer avocado green or harvest gold to white. What next, taupe?

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Glass front and back?

A white border alone wouldn't make so much sense without a white back. I'm starting to get a feeling that iPad2's design will be based on the iPhone 4's all glass sandwiching a metal band.

jeffkempster

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
I wonder why Apple is continuing with the 4:3 viewing dimensions.

I vote to keep the 4:3. While the 16:9 would be nice for movies, I think it is worse for browsing the web, which I do a lot more. When browsing the web on 16:9 the screen is just too narrow top to bottom and requires a lot of scrolling for me. And portrait viewing is just too thin. And this porridge it too cold. :D

kirk26

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
West Virginia
Typical response from everyone. Everyone hates it when they see something in preproduction and when it's released everyone says it's the best thing ever.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
That's not white. Its an unpainted part.

The fixation on white iphones/ipads is absurd. They're hideous.
That makes no sense. It's glass.

Unpainted glass would be clear. This is clearly white paint which would interfere with the application of black paint. After all, the paint is applied underneath, not on top.

Also, I will point out that white electronics are quite popular in certain parts of the world (Europe, southeast Asia). Your opinion is certainly part of the minority in many places. Since about 62% of Apple's revenue comes from international markets, so you should consider adopting a more global worldview.

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
I am not sure why this gets all the negative votes though. I don't prefer white. And I am sure some actually hate it. But why is an additional choice a negative, if this proves true. I am highly confident that fans of black, such as myself, will still have a black choice. Why would it be bad if they even came out with multiple colors, like an iPod. We will still get to pick only what we want as individuals.

Cagle

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
if this is true then it's excellent news, it means the end of the aluminum back which would scratch like buggery; my new replacement ipad literally received its first scratch when placed onto the genius bar by the guy taking it out of the box. the retirement of that sh*te surface is good news. i want to be able to plonk the ipad down on a table like I would a paperback, not worry if it's going to look like i've put it in a tumble dryer with a bag of razor blades.

btw, are these last minute rumors usually pretty accurate, going by history?

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Anyone else notice the top left of the frame indicates a a thin ribbon cable, but this does not makes sense as this is purely a frame and has no functionality as it sits on top of the screen.

Mattstkc

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
Typical response from everyone. Everyone hates it when they see something in preproduction and when it's released everyone says it's the best thing ever.

it's like everyone who said last January "who the F** wants a tablet?" and now they're here commenting on this post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.