Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
But how will people know I have the latest and most expensive? Do I just make the screen brighter all the time?

• Haha
Reactions: Oluwasanme

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
I will be pissed if the new modular watch face is limited to the AWU2.

It also looks like they upgraded the internal storage to 64GB. That will be helpful for offline maps.

• Angry
Reactions: Anapple84

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Trade-ins of 1st Gen are only getting $380. What a rip!
compared to previous trade-ins this is very good.
eg when I got the Ultra last year, the trade-in for my S7 Ti was a measly $160 or so ... so $380 is more, way more than I had anticipated

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
But how will people know I have the latest and most expensive? Do I just make the screen brighter all the time?
you could put a sticker with the label "the latest and greatest" on your watch face so everyone can see it right there ;)

Reactions: Jax44

cubedweller

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
Coming from an S5, I'm stoked. My S5 battery dies on really long workouts (2.5+ hours) so I really needed an upgrade. I think I would have rather they kept the 2,000 nits and increased the battery life even further, but oh well. Can't wait for it to arrive.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I gotta say that new watch face SURE AS HE..lll better be available in wOs 10 for all AWU owners. It can’t possibly required the S9 SIP.

And on another front. HOW THE HECK do they keep coming out with EVERY band I want To buy? I don’t even LIKE THE OCEAN DIVE BAND form factor, but I WANT THAT ORANGE OR BLUE DIVE BAND!

Has anyone done an AW trade in before? Do they have you send in the watch body only, or watch body AND band?

Reactions: redbeard331

generationrex

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
You can pre-order now. Interesting note, the Ultra 1 is not for sale anymore. I was hoping to get it at a lower price.

Apple_Gabe

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2022
Personally I see Apple not releasing any must-have features for the Ultra 2 as being good for my wallet. But given Apple released a Black Titanium finish for the iPhone 15 Pro models, I do wonder why Apple didn't end up releasing the same variant for the Ultra 2.

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Coming from a Series 4, it's been a long time since I've upgraded. I was really hoping they would add some more SCUBA features, mainly air integration. It's frustrating that they didn't. I need a backup dive computer, so the Ultra is perfect for that... now I'm not sure if I should just keep waiting...

Frankie_r

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2023
Don't understand this wish for the black titanium version. The scratches would make the watch look horrible and people would complain that the titanium casing "isn't strong enough" when the natural titanium would becomes visible.
This. I’d love a black version too, but painted titanium will always be less scratches-resistant than the natural one.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Don't understand this wish for the black titanium version. The scratches would make the watch look horrible and people would complain that the titanium casing "isn't strong enough" when the natural titanium would becomes visible.
So you wouldn't have to buy it, doesn't mean the option shouldn't exist

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.