Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Watch: All the Little Things! [watchOS 4.3 beta]

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Just seems faster and more fluid than beta 3.

Agreed. Text notifications not dismissing with the Dismiss button is frustrating. The dismiss button has been messed up since beta 1...kind of annoying
[doublepost=1470079759][/doublepost]
Beta 4 is the newest. I was on beta 3 before. Beta 4 did not prompt me to plug my watch into the charger. It just downloaded, and then started installing.
Weird. It told me I had to be at 50% and charging to update.

Comment

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Agreed. Text notifications not dismissing with the Dismiss button is frustrating. The dismiss button has been messed up since beta 1...kind of annoying
[doublepost=1470079759][/doublepost]
Weird. It told me I had to be at 50% and charging to update.

Maybe it depends on the percentage?

I think mine was about 98% before I started downloading.

I have no charger with me. It's currently still installing now:

Comment

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Mine prompted me to put it on the charger, but I said "Ok" and then it installed anyways!

Also, this is new...

View attachment 643024

Yep. That fits better with the Messages theme, I like it.

Although with the Scribble feature, the ability to select the numbers and special characters is now gone.

Scribble only lets you scribble now. No selecting special characters, which is a bummer. For me, it never seems to recognize a question mark or an apostrophe.

View attachment 643015 View attachment 643016 Just seems faster and more fluid than beta 3.
Edit- there is a new option in Scribble after you write a letter to complete the word. You can use the Digital Crown to scroll though the options.

This was present in beta 1, or at least beta 2 of watch OS 3.

Last edited:
Comment

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
Bit the bullet and installed my first watchOS beta today. So far it is running smooth and I love it. I know I will regret it in some way at some point, but first impressions are great.

Unlocking my MacBook seems to work instantly-----

Edit: Seems Unlocking my Mac does not work. My Mac is just unlocking automatically when opening the lid for some reason. Shouldn't there be a setting somewhere on either the Watch app for iPhone or on my Mac?

Last edited:
Comment

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Bit the bullet and installed my first watchOS beta today. So far it is running smooth and I love it. I know I will regret it in some way at some point, but first impressions are great.

Unlocking my MacBook seems to work instantly-----

Edit: Seems Unlocking my Mac does not work. My Mac is just unlocking automatically when opening the lid for some reason. Shouldn't there be a setting somewhere on either the Watch app for iPhone or on my Mac?
There is a setting that needs to be enabled on the Mac under settings/privacy. Assuming you are on the beta for the Mac as well for Sierra.
[doublepost=1470145069][/doublepost]Beta 4 finally seems to respond instantly to arm raise/wrist turn with the Activity face. So far no delays at all.

Reactions: Iceage
Comment

jens.tijtgat

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
Is it me or doesn't the watch turn off when you drop your wrist after a wrist raise? I thought this happened before? Now it comes on on wrist raise but doesn't turn off (only after set amount of time like when you touch it).

Comment

bwhitta

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Still on Beta 1 here. I've spent hours restoring and restarting both my Apple Watch and 6+ in order to get the newest beta to appear for download and install. No luck.

Comment

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Is it me or doesn't the watch turn off when you drop your wrist after a wrist raise? I thought this happened before? Now it comes on on wrist raise but doesn't turn off (only after set amount of time like when you touch it).

Same problem for me too.

Comment

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Same Here

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.