Apple Watch Series 3 Nike+ Cellular Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iThink Apple, Sep 15, 2017.

1. AbsynthMinded macrumors member

Fair enough, practical experience would trump theory here. Good to know that magnets are holding up though, I keep a milanese loop as well and I have always been hesitant to use it during running or biking. However, I also saw in a few threads here people using the milanese straps and said works perfectly fine (which goes with what you said), just gotta keep it clean when the grime builds up.

Nice thing about leather is I have always liked that beat up (aged) look and it sounds like it lasts. I may have to invest in one now.

2. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

Cheers to everyone getting their series 3 today! Is it Oct. 5th yet??

3. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

Anyone think that we will start seeing some movement this week?

4. crono87 macrumors regular

crono87

I wanted to ask the same question! My order is still in progress and no money taken/held

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Probably no movement until sometime early next week.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

My date is Oct 5 and I realize that I should not expect it until then, but I’m secretly hoping it is delivered early. I depart on The evening of Oct 2 for a 17-day trip and it would be nice to have it before I leave. But if not, I understand and will have something to look forward to when I return!

7. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502

MisterAndrew

I hope so! Mine is late October so hopefully it’ll ship sooner. I got my order in 10 minutes past midnight. I got to checkout a minute or two after midnight, but the Apple Store app wasn’t accepting my credit card number. So then I added it to Apple Pay on my iPhone, but it took a couple minutes to show up in the store app. But I was using the store app on my iPad and it wouldn’t accept the card I added on the iPhone so I had to add it again on the iPad. It was very frustrating and I learned I’ll have to do that beforehand in the future. Originally the ship date said Oct 14-18 so it slipped another week by the time I got my order in. So I guess Apple didn’t have an crimson sport loops available on Oct 5 anyways.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Apple Watch Nike+ GPS + Cellular 38mm Silver with Bright Crimson Sport Loop Ordered on 18th September from Apple Store App. Delivery is scheduled to 24th Oct - 30th Oct.

Apple Watch Nike+ GPS + Cellular 42mm Silver with Pure Platinum Nike Sport Loop Ordered on 20th September from BestBuy. Delivery is scheduled to 24th Oct - 30th Oct.

9. DarkonJohn macrumors newbie

Ordered a 38mm Nike+ Cellular Space Gray with Black/Platinum sport loop band on the 15th (afternoon) and estimated delivery is Oct 13-20.

I have an S0 watch and am really looking forward to the more responsive UI resulting form the faster CPU.

I sometimes work from home and if I'm out for a walk/jog during lunchtime, it's nice to know I'll be able to respond to a phone call w/o having to carry around my iPhone since the only way to conveniently carry the phone while jogging is with an arm band. I also hope you can make emergency calls even if you don't have it on your phone plan. I may decided the $10/month isn't worth it, but I'd still like to have some benefit from having the cellular version of the watch.

One thing I really wish they would offer is a way to download my Audible.com audiobooks to my watch so I can listen to them while I'm out and about. I listen to tons of audiobooks and this would be one less reason to carry around my phone.

10. ontheotherhand macrumors newbie

ontheotherhand

I ordered a 42mm Nike+ Cellular "Space Gray" with the black/pure platinum Nike Sport Loop yesterday and it says I should expect it between 31 October and 6 November.

... Out of curiousity, does Apple charge your card in full beforehand for a pre-order? I ask because my online banking has been down for the past day.

11. Rmpaul211 macrumors regular

Rmpaul211

For Nike aw3? It would be a real treat to get an earlier delivery day!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2017 ---
    From what I’ve read and experienced they usually don’t take funds until your item is about to ship.

12. crono87 macrumors regular

crono87

I've just had a quick just with Apple. I've been told we'll see the money on hold/taken 2-3 days before the shipment. Not long now :)

13. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I doubt anyone will get them before the 5th since that's a posted release date. Fingers crossed that those of us later than the 5th get lucky and receive our watches earlier.

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yep. Apple's shipped stuff before and had the carriers hold them locally until release day. Might be some that slip through, but in general I wouldn't expect deliveries before the 5th.

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

While Apple may ship retail items early to build inventory at the local Apple or Carrier stores, any direct orders to Apple or Cellular carriers for home delivery follow a different model.

I don't expect movement until Oct. 4th, China is a day a head for a large block of us waiting for our new Nike+ Apple watches. So your carrier can receive your new watch on Oct. 4th and ship it back out to you overnight for delivery on Oct. 5th as promised.

Anyone happen to know why Apple is dropping the Nike+ watches on Oct. 5th?

Dave

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

17. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I wonder if Nike gets a kickback on each one sold and Apple doesn’t want this dipping into the initial wave of orders...

(just a guess)

18. KevinMac macrumors regular

KevinMac

I’m sure Nike gets a share from each sale because they are branding the product.

19. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

has anyone got their Series 3 Cellular model?

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nike version not due to be release until Oct 5th.

Others are in the field; friend of mine picked up a sport just walking into the store.

21. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

ohk thats what i was wandering that Nike version isnt released yet!

22. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Ummm, yea. October 5th is the start date. Clearly advertised and has not changed.

23. SoCalGadgetGuy macrumors regular

SoCalGadgetGuy

Sunny and Warm Southern California ("The O.C.")
    For us here in beach communities (Southern California), it's great because we don't want to take our iPhones to the beaches and get sand/water all over it; not to mention leaving it on the beach while we go into the water.

Working out at the gym is also another good reason. It's difficult to have a large iPhone in your pocket while laying flat on a weight bench, etc.

24. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

One week left everyone! Come Apple, start shipping those watches :)

25. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Other than the look, what is different with the Nike version? There aren't any additional features are there that aren't available on the app?