Apple Watch sightings in the wild (not counting anyone you know)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by zmunkz, Apr 25, 2015.

?

Have you seen an Apple Watch in the wild?

1. Yes

383 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No

349 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Since I am so eagerly awaiting the arrival of my own watch, I've taken up the habit of staring at everyone's wrists as I walk by them, in the gym and wherever. I haven't seen a single apple watch yet... I suppose that is not too unexpected, but I was curious: have you guys spotted any of these in the wild?

2. mateytate macrumors regular

I've just spotted one, a 42mm Space Gray Sports...... on my left wrist :p

3. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I was in the Apple Store twice yesterday at a local mall and both times I walked out, people were staring at my wrist. This was people walking by the store. It felt weird as I don't like to draw attention. The good thing is, no one else has said anything since then.

4. khn macrumors newbie

I haven't seen an Apple Watch, but I have been more attentive...and noticed many other smart watches.

5. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

Saw a green 38mm sport on a kid's wrist in a local shopping mall.

6. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

I had an event to photograph today at a local area mall, and twice someone noticed my watch and commented on it. Once by a local sheriff who asked "did that really cost $10,000?" about my sport model. I had to laugh a little bit.

7. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I think it may be a while before I see any on Kauai. My UPS guy did NOT have any others to deliver yesterday. (at least not SS). BTW: The box is HEAVY. WOW.

8. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

Had the same experience, anywhere form $1,000-$17,000 are the guesses as to how much I paid for my Watch Sport.

9. Uccle macrumors regular

Just now in local (fancy) grocery store. White sports band model. The owner loves it.

10. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

My first "in the wild" sighting was at the Padres game last night. Sport with White SB. Still need to make my way to the Apple Store for a try-on/play with display models. June for my orders.

11. Jungo macrumors regular

had some young girls at Gengis Grill gushing over my ss 42 classic - "OMG is that the apple watch ? "

12. BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

Went into my local Apple Store for a charger and the manager wanted to see it... And have his picture taken with me... Also the staff all clapped their hands...

It felt weird.

13. ru7hl355 macrumors member

I had a similar experience as BigMovieGeek today when i went into my local store to purchase applecare, they told i me i would need to bring it in when i receive it so they could inspect it... thats when i gently pulled my sleeve up :D:cool: had a few employees asking me about it and telling me how jealous they were(One of them had a pebble with a still of the app screen on the watch to tide him over till his gets delivered, lol!).

I also got asked if i would like to try one on from another employee, when checking out the other straps at the glass tables... guess what happened next :D

14. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

Waiting to get mine I am paying more attention to people wearing smart watches the only Apple watch I saw yesturday was the white Apple watch edition yes edition lol out of all the apple watches out there first one I see someone wearing was an edition lol in the movie theater out of all places

15. zmunkz thread starter macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Did it turn on while they were eating popcorn lol? That was a question from a thread a couple weeks back...

16. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

Lol yea I remember that thread.

No, it didn't turn on every time she got popcorn lol

17. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Did they have chargers? I want to pick up another and perhaps add Apple Care to mine.

18. TheLastOfConnor macrumors member

Went to see Avengers today with my Apple Watch on. Yes, this was an issue. I had to turn it off because it would keep flashing on and off as I moved my arm.

Atypical usage though so it's not a flaw of the device.

19. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

It is indeed, but wow, was the packaging beautiful or what! I almost didn't want to open it. Almost!

----------

Chargers are in the stores. I got one today. But forgot to add AppleCare. Dang it!

20. nasa25 macrumors 65816

I didn't even think the edition was available to ship at launch.....

In any event, haven't seen any in the wild. However some Asian girl was eying my wrist when I was out earlier.

21. AKRowdy macrumors regular

Ayyyye lmao #

22. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I've yet to see another in the wild. Everyone seems to be noticing mine (white sport band is like a beacon). I intentionally put on a long sleeve shirt last night when I went out to dinner with my family to avoid the attention.

23. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am still surprised about just how HEAVY the box was. Was considering using it on my vacation but do not want to add a pound to my carryon. :eek:

And YES. Loved the packaging.

I think it will take a good eye to spot any SS with Classic Buckle. It looks great but does not demand attention. I love how tasteful it is.

However, I am CERTAIN I will spot any of the sport band colors if I see them.

24. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

So far just my wife's and my own. No one has "noticed" mine either. I did use it to pay with Apple Pay at Panera last night, the cashier didn't seem the slightest bit interested that I paid for my dinner with my watch.

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I've used it twice at Starbucks. Both baristas got excited about it.