Apple. We want the Iphone on other Carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snoopy07, May 7, 2010.

1. snoopy07 macrumors member

We the customers must unite and send apple a message. The time has come to end the AT&T exclusivity with the Iphone. All the bad stories about drop calls should be enough for apple to see that an AT&T extension is not wanted. The Droid revolution is coming strong and people that don’t want AT&T like myself are going to get a Droid meanwhile. All you Iphone lovers that don’t want apple to continue with the exclusivity with AT&T lets unite and send apple a message, cause the Iphone is the #1 smartphone cause we the customers have made it that way.

:apple::apple:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

lol,
    sure what do you recommend, we though our iPhone's out the windows.

These types of threads are funny because they go no where.

Wasn't there some sort of movement to suck up AT&T bandwidth a little while ago as a protest to AT&T. The end result was AT&T was able to "prove" it could handle bandwidth.

As for the iPhone being the #1 smartphone, you better research your facts. BlackBerry is the number one smartphone, apple is #2.

3. snoopy07 thread starter macrumors member

If you are happy with at&t, you have no problem. The people with problems just want to make some noise that we would prefer another carrier to have the i phone...:)

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

lol dude thats life, sometimes certain products are only available from certain companies. Either go with AT&T service or just get a droid and be happy, sorry man you can't force a company to change the way they do business and what partners they choose just because you dont like it. And before you say that consumers have the final word, I would like to point out that iphone sales are through the roof so unfortunately its a lost cause.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, I'm sure glad MR attracts new users so they can beat up subjects that have been beaten to death. :rolleyes:

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

I have no problem with at&t's service. Rarely drop a call, sound is good, no real issues. I DO however wish another carrier would pick up the iPhone for 2 reasons:
    1. It would free up some bandwidth for the ones that stay
    2. It will finally shut up the freakin whiners that simply won't get it through their thick skulls that the iPhone isn't coming to sprint, verizon, t-mobile etc etc.

For those of you that don't like at&t, go to another carrier so you can go and whine on their forums. ;)

7. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Sorry, even if it were available by other carriers, I would still use AT&T. Service is perfect for me. No dropped calls and fast internet speeds in my area.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No, but he can voice his opinion. And if enough people agree and make it known to Apple, they might influence Apple's decision.

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

-1 AT&T sucks in my area.

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

But how is posting a thread on MR making it known to Apple? :confused:

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Cuz MR RULEZ!!! :p

Edit: Come on, don't you know SJ reads MR over his Cheerios....I mean...Meuselix every morning?

12. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Apple needs to go back to the drawing board...

There is a legit market developing for Android. Apple better realize there is a ticking time-bomb before Android gains heavy market saturation from all carriers...

Apple is slowly creeping its way out of the surging market presence they had within the past 1 to 3 years. Droid is moving strong...

Too much money to be had, the iPhone has to come to Verizon. And, there's too many smart people at the top of both these companies to NOT understand the market opportunity they can give it each other...

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's all you're doing is making noise. Its not like apple's about to say Hey, snoopy07 is unhappy that we have an exclusive with ATT, lets change and give our phones to verizon

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No... Haven't you learned anything? Apple dictates what you want.

+2 AT&T has best coverage in Louisiana.

15. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Well said.

I rarely have an issue honestly. I have the same service that I had with Verizon. Although I find AT&T customer service to be nice and easier to deal with. I also like AT&T's online interface for managing my account much better as well.

It's all relative to where you live and what you like. :)

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, huh?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=912152

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You don't say? Never mind, I can't hear you over the sound Apple getting stronger and maintaining 3rd place...

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'll voice my opinion here all I like. This is an Apple rumor forum, not an "I love AT&T Rah Rah" cult forum. And if you insist on belittling me for my opinion I'll be even more vocal and annoying about it.

Seriously, why do people have to get to rude about this subject? In what way does it harm you that others would like to have the iPhone on another carrier? Did your dad beat you this morning? Did your mother never hold you as a child? What is your malfunction?

There is nothing wrong with someone wanting any model of phone on any carrier of their choice. They may or may not get what they want, but belittling them in a forum about their opinion is purely childish.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I have to agree with the naysayers. Do you have any data to backup this claim that Android is making major gains? I haven't seen any.

20. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-gains-more-subscriber-share-2010-4

Apple can/could squash the whole idea of Android gaining market presence... If I were Apple, I would take matters in to my own hands asap!

21. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You and the OP must share awesome weed, let me have some, I want to be far away from reality like the two of you guys!

22. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

What is your point? ...huh what?

If you can't hear, can you read and/or see???

23. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

AT&T is the main reason I haven't switched to another carrier to far.. I've never had a dropped call and service/support has been great since I've used them. Oh, and we get to keep our unused minutes.. :D

What I'd like to see is more Android phones on AT&T.. :p

24. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

The only reason Android is showing any signs of gaining - is due mainly because it's the ONLY option available to most users.

Take Verizon for example. What options are really out there that give you an iPhone "like" experience without the iPhone? Android is it. It's the only REAL option for people on Verizon. So as a result, it looks like Android is gaining some ground. In the end, it all boils down to what's available. People will take what they can get. They have a preference but if they can't get it, they take the next best thing. Doesn't mean they like it.

What would be interesting is to see the iPhone on Verizon and then take a look at how they compare. That would be the true story.

25. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

That is definitely one of the reasons - availability of Android. There is more to it though... My argument lies that Apple/iPhone being released to other carriers like Verizon would cut down on the future anticipated growth of Android.

Totally agree, but nonetheless Android is making gains while Apple holds on to AT&T with their capped growth of only AT&T customers. If they adopted other carriers, would Android gains slow down???... You bet!

Your post relinquishes the market opportunity that Apple has with a Verizon iPhone.

Give some time, there will be a Verizon iPhone...