Apple won't replace bent iPhone 6+!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmt134, Sep 27, 2014.

1. bmt134, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

bmt134 macrumors 6502

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Longest post I've ever seen :eek: (besides spam of course)

It's within Apples right though to require the person to either send the phone to them for analysis or come into an Apple store for further analysis. If I ran a company I would want the same thing so I don't get scammed by customers who accidentally left it in their back pocket an sat down.

p.s. that's just one rep, who knows what the next one will say?

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Are you kidding me? I stopped after the 4th screen shot and then expected maybe a couple more...not 20 more. It sounds like you went to the chat actually expecting them to replace your phone without even looking at it since you can't make the in store Monday appointment.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GOURD?!?!??

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I think what he is saying is that unless it was taken out of the box bent, something had to make it bend which makes sense. Don't think it would bend by itself without some pressure. Hope you get it figured out.

5. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Not very well handled but tbh I bet they're wanting to get as many of these replaced via in-store solutions as possible so that the Genius can examine the phone and try and see whether it looks deliberate or not. Considering how many idiots are going around trying to bend their phones...

That said, I hope it's figured out in the store, and that they start handling this a bit better. This seems to be contrary to the public statement they put out.

6. dkh587 macrumors regular

I still don't understand how phones supposedly bend from simply being in a purse. That just doesn't happen.

I feel like we aren't hearing the full stories most of the time. Sorry to be suspicious but something just doesn't seem right

7. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Did you really post that many screen shots? We are dumber for having scrolled down that much. I thought I was being trolled.

8. troop231 macrumors 603

Props to those of us for reading through all of it. :)

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I can't bother reading through this extremely long post but from what I've read, you claim that your wife's iphone6+ which she only carried in her spacious handbag miraculously became bent. And now you're trying to take advantage of all the media frenzy about bending iPhones to try to pressure Apple into replacing your phone for free. And not only do you want them to replace it, you don't even want to bring it on to the Apple store so you won't have to tell your non-believable story in person. It's easier just to have a chat and guilt some poor chat attendant into forking over a new phone. You know your story is B.S., why not just admit that you accidentally bent the phone and pay the $79. An iPhone does not spontaneously become bent without some outside force. You should be ashamed of yourself!

10. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

The last two screen shots may have been sufficient... Lol... I can actually see both sides of the story. Without analysis Apple will charge $79 to replace. If the analyze it and determine the design is flawed they'd replace it.

However it has to be looked at like this... There's people bending iPhones just to be bending them. Therefore, Apple will probably be getting a lot more "bent" iphone requests in and looking at it from there standpoint they don't know if it was done on purpose or not.

However from the cinsurers standpoint we look at it as we have a week old $1000 device that shouldn't be bending... It should be replaced.

It hope to god it doesn't get messy but I guess it cod

11. Slimmyhendrix macrumors regular

This

12. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

LOL. So basically apple is not replacing their defective phones. Nice. Heck, even Samsung replaced the S4 active when it got water in it and that is obvious user error.

Hey billion dollar company.. Yes you apple. When it's being mocked on Conan you should probably eat it and replace them.

13. BrulesThe1 macrumors newbie

14. toxicity033 macrumors member

I'm sure if you went down to your apple store, they would replace it..actually I would be really shocked if they didn't.

15. JoshS macrumors member

Yeah smells fishy...

It would seem way more plausible if you said it was in pants front pocket or something.

Saying it was levitating above a pile of feathers in space and decided to curl up on you doesnt pass the smell test.

16. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Riiiiight. Always in her purse with ample room to move and yet it's bent?

17. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

Honestly what is the point. If this post is for real, and I believe it is, then the replacement phone will just bend again. I would get a refund.

18. bambooshots macrumors 65816

Water in a phone IS obvious user error.

Bent iPhones, not so much, especially when there ARE people out there bending them for the hell of it. Then probably requesting replacement.

19. jeffe macrumors 6502a

I feel like Apple would be much quicker to allow users to exchange the device if the problem was as rare as they say it is.

20. GregJA macrumors member

its already been proven the phone doesnt magically bend, and it passed all tests in lab as well. so I think apples just placing under "user inflicted damage"

I wish you luck if you go into the apple store, but I dont really believe the whole bending in pockets theory - my 6+ hasnt

21. Oridus macrumors 6502a

This is why we can't have nice things, children.

22. SHNXX macrumors 68000

Apple is a for profit company.

If you're a ****ing idiot and bend your phone by sitting on it or forcefully bending it, then you deserve to lose the $800 you paid for it.

This is like forcefully scratching a gold ring or a gold watch and then asking the company to reimburse you for your lack of cerebral cortex.

23. kerrikins macrumors 65816

I'd like to see Consumer Reports do a test that doesn't apply even pressure across the phone, because that's not what's happening in the 'real life' situations where the phone is bending.

24. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Heh yes. The following extract suggests that they've encountered rather more than the famous nine bend phones...

[​IMG]

25. bmt134 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's all about the profit margin.

----------

A flawed test doesn't prove anything.