Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I think Apple’s focus is more about making $$$ now.

I think it is more that technology advances... I suppose Apple could have made the MagSafe Duo just a holder for the pucks so you could swap them out as newer models with newer features were released, but other OEMs likely will encounter the same issue with their stands that have hard-fixed pucks that cannot be swapped out.

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
I miss Steve Jobs. Crap like this wouldn't happen. All these excessive product lines wouldn't happen. Someone's butt would be chewed so hard it would be entertaining to watch. They develop these things like 3 years ahead and can't realize when they make something that won't work with the following year's devices. That's some serious oversight that I think Jobs wouldn't have missed.
Steve Jobs was also out of touch with some things like antennagate, ping, larger iPhone screens

Macropanda

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
I miss Steve Jobs. Crap like this wouldn't happen. All these excessive product lines wouldn't happen. Someone's butt would be chewed so hard it would be entertaining to watch. They develop these things like 3 years ahead and can't realize when they make something that won't work with the following year's devices. That's some serious oversight that I think Jobs wouldn't have missed.
The sooner Tim Cook steps down the better. Apple needs a replacement like Steve who had an eye for perfection and not constantly releasing stuff that’s sub par. Don’t get me wrong, some of what Tim has done has been great but Apple is no longer the “it just works” company and they should be trying to get that back.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
And this would be fine except its at the cost of innovation.

No... innovation and making $$$$$$$ go hand in hand. As evidenced by Apple's millions of customers, many repeat, purchasing premium products and services, at premium prices, year after year after year. Along with Apple's record breaking financials, year after year after year.

Reactions: orbital~debris

davidako

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
Has Apple Inc. announced a trade in or recycling program for the old chargers?

Or is there no money in it for them so they're happy to have them all thrown in landfill?

No... innovation and making $$$$$$$ go hand in hand. As evidenced by Apple's millions of customers, many repeat, purchasing premium products and services, at premium prices, year after year after year. Along with Apple's record breaking financials, year after year after year.
It’s pretty much a spinning cycle Apple is running.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
This isn't innovation. This is them holding back technology to create an additional talking point for the lack luster series 7. Haven't you figured Apple out by now?

Oh yes, silly me. I do keep forgetting that Apple already has the next ten years' of each line of product designed in the labs (again, proving just how innovative they are - they are already a decade ahead of everyone else) and drips one from each line out every 12-18 months. So we could have the 2031 iPhone now, but we must wait until 2031 for them to deign to give it to us. :rolleyes:

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
Oh yes, silly me. I do keep forgetting that Apple already has the next ten years' of each line of product designed in the labs (again, proving just how innovative they are - they are already a decade ahead of everyone else) and drips one from each line out every 12-18 months. So we could have the 2031 iPhone now, but we must wait until 2031 for them to deign to give it to us. :rolleyes:
Apple is not a God. Stop worshiping them.

Sciomar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
What a shame, but expected lol. It works great for travel. I got it in an open box sale and truthfully it charges my S5 really fast as it is, I'll just have to miss out on that extra 20% while I sleep.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Apple is not a God. Stop worshiping them.

bored-now.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.