MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

During today's media event, Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduced two new commercials, one each for the new iPod touch and iPod nano. Apple has now posted the commercials to its product-specific sites, as well as its YouTube page.

iPod touch - All kinds of fun
The iPod touch commercial utilizes Chappo's "Come Home" [iTunes Store] and demonstrates the device's ability to capture and play video, as well as a wide variety of games available for the platform. Finally, the commercial wraps up by highlighting the new FaceTime video calling feature first introduced with the iPhone 4 and now made possible in the iPod touch by its front-facing camera.

iPod nano - Travel
The new iPod nano commercial features Cake's "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" [iTunes Store] as the soundtrack and shows off a number of features of the new device, including the versatility allowed by its rear clip, its multi-touch screen supporting swiping and rotation, and the ability to display album art.

Article Link: Apple's New iPod Touch and iPod Nano Commercials

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
HEY! Let's make it HALF the size, have HALF the function, contain HALF the expected memory... for THE SAME PRICE.

Beautiful stupidity.

utahraptor

macrumors member
May 16, 2003
Does the screen always stay on to show off the album art or does it turn off to save batteries?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I really love seeing Facetime as just one more cool feature at the end of the ad.

The first "everyone in the world needs a hug" ads were great as an introduction, but I'm happy to see Facetime take on a "it's fun!" kind of feeling.

Does the screen always stay on to show off the album art or does it turn off to save batteries?

It'll turn off after a set amount of time or you can just manually lock it and the screen goes off. The music keeps playing.

codyc815

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2009
HEY! Let's make it HALF the size, have HALF the function, contain HALF the expected memory... for THE SAME PRICE.

Beautiful stupidity.

I wasn't aware the video camera was half the function of the device I bought to listen to my music

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Boring. No more video, no more camera, no extra capacity, this thing is stupid.

They better beef up the classic to make up for this!

pixelcruncher

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
There is no way I'm going to be able to navigate that tiny touch screen while attached to my body in some way. Cool product, but no. I'll just hold it in my hands thanks.

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
Was that a Beatles album at the end of the Nano commercial? It looked like it, but I didn't recognize the album.

That's a little weird.

Nope....closer look at 1080 shows that it's "The Rifles"

So much for that.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
this thing is stupid.

They better beef up the classic to make up for this!

They did. A lot. They call it the iPod Touch.

Then, because they want people to buy it, they cut down their cheap-oh players even more than they were. Pretty smart move.

It makes sense to me. I bought an iPod Mini for $249 way back when. Now you can buy a frick'n touch iPod for less than that. They've made an amazing amount of progress over the last decade...and it starts at $199! That's the iPod they love and the one they want you to buy.

So Apple's cheap iPods are...cheap? Yeah. That's the plan.

Padraig

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
There is no way I'm going to be able to navigate that tiny touch screen while attached to my body in some way. Cool product, but no. I'll just hold it in my hands thanks.

The funny thing is nor could the guy in the commercial. There's no way that you could navigate it that easily.

lane3128

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
can anyone tell me what that game is that loos like a disco floor wrapped around a tube? Looks fun.

tpg

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2010

And it looks a lot more awkward to hold than previous gen nanos, given it's simply ridiculous form factor.

Some of us want something you can hold comfortably in one hand, while operating it with the same hand. Not prodding at an oversize postage stamp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.