Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Luis

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
i'm hoping for a cheap ipad with a release date before june. have a trip and looking to get an ipad for my toddler to be distracted with on the flight. $300+cdn for a ipad mini 2 is just ridiculous right now.

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
It is 2018, why do they still need to bring the whole store down is confounding. I can understand it for big events as it builds up the hype, but this is a small even that isn't even being streamed.
Must be something serious.
I can only imagine a bug allowing anyone to order anything for free...

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
is this incl or excl shipping? :p
I expect free School delivery
[doublepost=1522158309][/doublepost]
Apple Store App:

'We've got something special in store for you.
And we can't wait for you to see it.
Please check back soon.'

Hmmm...
Ooooaaahhh Tim must be soooo excited - Apple set another record:
“Refresh buttons got hammered 70 billion times a second worldwide”

Last edited:

phphreak

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2009
Apple has lost so much ground in education to Chromebooks, et al. Let’s see if they have any desire to catch up a bit.

In high schools, grade 9 and on, kids would rather use their iPhones than a chrome book. So, Apple is winning.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Gold iPhone X please
Bc nothing says “education” like a Gold iPhone X.

Actually, what about instead of a new iPhone SE, we have an iPhone EDU? It could be overpriced for what you get, financed by Sallie Mae, and have a bunch of mandatory features you’re told are important, but you’ll actually never need. :p

Reactions: yaxomoxay

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Bc nothing says “education” like a Gold iPhone X.

Actually, what about instead of a new iPhone SE, we have an iPhone EDU? It could be overpriced for what you get, financed by Sallie Mae, and have a bunch of mandatory features you’re told are important, but you’ll actually never need. :p

Sadly, it would still be cheaper than your average previous edition textbook.........

cliffster82

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2013
They probably made a cheaper smart keyboard to go with a cheaper iPad with a smart connector. It'll be called - wait for it - iPad with Smart Connector.

Reactions: bunnicula

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Today, the AirPower (if ever appearing) will learn us whether Tim’s product pipeline is FIFO or LIFO
or fatally clogged

Last edited:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Would be a great time to unveil the new $5000 Mac Pro for education.

Not a chance in hell you say? Well crap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.