Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
My money is still no apple watch 2 today, but new MacBook Pro hopefully Kaby Lake but I'm not holding out for the Kaby.

So:

• iPhone 7 and 7+ with confirmation of FREE 3.5 adapter in box
• New MacBook Pro
• confirmation of Sierra, iOS 10 and watchOS 3 launch dates

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
My money is still no apple watch 2 today, but new MacBook Pro hopefully Kaby Lake but I'm not holding out for the Kaby.

So:

• iPhone7 and 7+ with confirmation of FREE 3.5 adapter in box
• New MacBook Pro
• confirmation of Sierra, iOS 10 and watchOS 3 launch dates

All sources have said there will be iPhone 7 and apple watch 2 today.

Macbook pros are at a later date.

dewski

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Budget-iPhone-concept-pays-homage-to-original-iMac.jpg

[doublepost=1473251019][/doublepost]
iPhone-8-600x311.jpg
those are the most beautiful things i have ever seen. I always wanted a phone in the ipod touch form factor

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
those are the most beautiful things i have ever seen. I always wanted a phone in the ipod touch form factor

I agree with you, but for Apple it's too thick.

I love the transparent case too, but Timmy/Jonny will never let you see the ugly internals marring the perfection of their antenna lines.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
I agree with you, but for Apple it's too thick.

I love the transparent case too, but Timmy/Jonny will never let you see the ugly internals marring the perfection of their antenna lines.
I agree that they will never go back to that again. However you do realise that Ive was the one who designed the original iMac with the transparency case right?

Reactions: Jsameds

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I keep wondering if this is just a marketing trick or is the store technically really that bad that it can't add/update products within seconds? Just imagine Amazon would go down for hours each time they add a new product. Why would they voluntary loose half a day of business?

It's a markerting trick. Maybe originally it was a technical reason, but not now.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
I'm thinking the exact same thing. I can't remember the Apple Store going down before a keynote that involved an iPhone announcement.

This closing seems much earlier than I remember for past reveals. With the recent rumor that FoxConn is already shipping units, could it be possible that Apple will open preorders immediately following the keynote?

Maybe I'm just letting my excitement influence my logic

datapanda

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2010
Apple store six hours down? Well it makes sense since it took 6 hours to replace the antenna on the back of iPhone 6S and wrap it as iPhone 7.

Wait for it...

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
I wish the whole thing didn't go down, though.
I ordered an iMac for my mother this weekend which still hasn't shipped. I'd like to see what's up with my order but can't.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
This closing seems much earlier than I remember for past reveals. With the recent rumor that FoxConn is already shipping units, could it be possible that Apple will open preorders immediately following the keynote?

Maybe I'm just letting my excitement influence my logic

I'm thinking the exact same thing. I can't remember the Apple Store going down before a keynote that involved an iPhone announcement.

You've got short memories. :)

https://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/09/apple-online-store-down-hey-siri-event/

Reactions: stanman64

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
I keep wondering if this is just a marketing trick or is the store technically really that bad that it can't add/update products within seconds? Just imagine Amazon would go down for hours each time they add a new product. Why would they voluntary loose half a day of business?
Who would buy something at the day of the keynote right before the keynote? Only someone who is completely unaware of the keynote and who will be frustrated when he learns the computer he just bought was upgraded only hours later. It makes good business sense for Apple to close the online store, because it gives news sites something to report.

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
It'd be great if they made them available for preorder today since my 6s+ is on the blink, but when has Apple ever made a phone available to preorder on the same day as the keynote?

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Its hilarious people think they do this primarily for hype reasons. Its proactive good customer service to prevent people from buying something there is going to be a new version of or a price drop on within hours.

The only real hype connection is they close the whole store so you don’t really know what is going to be released. If they just closed iPhone and Apple Watch sales then you would pretty much know new Macs aren’t in the cards which of course is going to outrage some people….the same people…always…ad nauseam. “My Mac works fine but I need a new one because, you know, days since last refresh and spec sheets!” Can’t blame Apple from preventing a small but vocal group from attempting to distract from what they do announce before it even happens.

Reactions: thewebb and 5aga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.