Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeallen

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2014
Not really. I've pointed it out to Apple Store sales people before and they've usually ended up trying it as I leave to see if what I say is true. For original OS, it's not that hard to keep the original iOS theme for power users.
You don't think that needing to balance your iPhone on its edge is an odd 'must have'?

And of course it's not hard to have an original iOS theme, it's just completely stupid.

Proyb2

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
Who would buy something at the day of the keynote right before the keynote? Only someone who is completely unaware of the keynote and who will be frustrated when he learns the computer he just bought was upgraded only hours later. It makes good business sense for Apple to close the online store, because it gives news sites something to report.

Give Apple employees a break and join the live events as well, everyone know today is the big day.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Reactions: mthomas184

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Why does the link to the official Apple live stream have the words (spoiler-free) after it???
Is MR assuring us that Apple's live stream link won't have info/photos of the items they've desperately tried to keep secret, prior to their announcement? Are they comforting us in the knowledge that while watching it LIVE, we won't be told about the stuff before we're told about the stuff?? I just can't fathom any reason whatsoever why a live stream would be labeled "spoiler free".
Either that phrase doesn't have the meaning I thought, or the meaning they think.

Reactions: dominiongamma

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
I keep wondering if this is just a marketing trick or is the store technically really that bad that it can't add/update products within seconds? Just imagine Amazon would go down for hours each time they add a new product. Why would they voluntary loose half a day of business?

amazon doesn't only sell some 2-3 dozen things in total.

mhuggett

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2012
Prince Edward island
I keep wondering if this is just a marketing trick or is the store technically really that bad that it can't add/update products within seconds? Just imagine Amazon would go down for hours each time they add a new product. Why would they voluntary loose half a day of business?
Designed to build anticipation, maybe to capture those that aren't in the know or drowning in rumors... or they just have a really really antiquated approach to updating site content...

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
My money is still no apple watch 2 today, but new MacBook Pro hopefully Kaby Lake but I'm not holding out for the Kaby.

So:

• iPhone 7 and 7+ with confirmation of FREE 3.5 adapter in box
• New MacBook Pro
• confirmation of Sierra, iOS 10 and watchOS 3 launch dates

Definitely AW2. You think they're going to speak about the iPhone for two hours? We aren't expecting iPad's or Mac's so that only leaves one product left...
[doublepost=1473257704][/doublepost]
And yet, here you are..... :confused:
He loves it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Yeah - Preorders :)

If history is any guide we are more likely to see headphones or some two-bit accessory avaialbe today and iPhone pre-orders on Friday. Apple isn't the ony one that will be pre-selling iPhones and it can't jump ahead of the cellcos because moves like that spoile relationships. Apple already hogs the initial inventory.

Would not be surprised to see a iPad update or two that's avaialble today as well. But wouldn't put a cent on iPhone pre-orders.

Zimpaz

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Just locked in a trade in price of £90 for my iphone 5 32gb. Its valid for 14 days...wonder if I can get the 7 before then? Pretty sure the trade in price will go down tonight.

mhuggett

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2012
Prince Edward island
Give Apple employees a break and join the live events as well, everyone know today is the big day.
Apple KeyNote events should be national holidays so we all can do in the open what we secretly monitor in web browsers while at work whilst maintaining a pretense of serious effort on that MS Power Point presentation etc...

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
Slide to Unlock is a must have? Pressing a button too hard to do? :confused:
So now, pressing the home button (I assume that is the button you are referring to) wakes my phone up and allows me to read my notifications without unlocking the phone. Then I slide to unlock.

How do you press the home button to unlock without dismissing the notifications before you get a chance to read them? One press? Two presses? Multiple presses on the home button aren't exactly responsive and accurate.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Except Amazon's servers are built for 24/7 high demand e-commerce and it's a leader in server storage. Apple's normal server demand is a sliver of Amazon's needs. Also Apple is pretty kluzty when it comes to server operations (See iCloud and predecessors). Even when Apple shuts down it's often hard for it to bring it back up smoothly. I imagine, yes, Apple does have to slowly bring it up and a massive surge would take its system down completely. Apple cannot compete with Amazon in that regard.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Why does the link to the official Apple live stream have the words (spoiler-free) after it???
Is MR assuring us that Apple's live stream link won't have info/photos of the items they've desperately tried to keep secret, prior to their announcement? Are they comforting us in the knowledge that while watching it LIVE, we won't be told about the stuff before we're told about the stuff?? I just can't fathom any reason whatsoever why a live stream would be labeled "spoiler free".
Either that phrase doesn't have the meaning I thought, or the meaning they think.
it's for people who won't be watching it live

MarkusL

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
According to this article you can use VLC to stream on a PC.

I think I watched the WWDC keynote directly in the browser on Windows 10, no VLC required. But I could be remembering it wrong. It used to be Safari only for Windows users, but when they scrapped Safari on Windows they let other browsers in. Unless I dreamt it all? I will have to check when I get home.

Reactions: Weaselboy

tridley68

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2014

Apple's online storefront has been taken offline this morning, less than six hours prior to the company's upcoming "See You on the 7th" media event at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, where Tim Cook and other senior executives are expected to announce the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, second-generation Apple Watch, new Beats products, and possibly other updates.

apple-store-down-sep-2016.jpg

Apple will provide a live stream (spoiler free) of the keynote on the Apple TV and on iOS and Mac devices through its website, starting at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. MacRumors will also have full coverage of the event, with a live blog on our front page at MacRumors.com and updates in 140 characters or less through our @MacRumorsLive account on Twitter. Last week, we outlined what to expect at the event.

We'll also have specific coverage of today's announcements in separate news stories, and our community forums are a great place for readers to discuss the announcements before, during, and after the event. Be sure to keep tabs on the iPhone and Apple Watch sections in particular for the latest discussions.

Article Link: Apple's Online Store Down Ahead of Today's iPhone 7 Event
2 1/2 hours left come on Apple the suspence is killing me can't wait to purchase.....

Sandybox

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2016
No end of show surprises.....video with Ive doing his constipated Brit thing.......everything thinner except the prices.......Cook doing his Kermit impression......the one with the ludicrous big hair thinking he's cool and gorgeous......oh, and some cordless headphones........just once it would be fun if there was an earth loop fault on stage to liven up the demonstrations..........either that or the crowd should throw rotten fruit to show displeasure at another groundhog day event

Reactions: BruceEBonus

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
It's been a while...

Finished it for you

By Staind

And it's been awhile
Since I could hold my head up high (Innovation, new products)
And it's been awhile
Since I first saw you (MBP)
And it's been awhile
Since I could stand on my own two feet again (Eddy Cue)
And it's been awhile
Since I could call you (800-APL-CARE)

And everything I can't remember
As f*****d up as it all may seem (General MR consensus about Apple)
The consequences that I've rendered (TC needs to be fired)
I've stretched myself beyond my means (Apple prices)

And it's been awhile
Since I can say that I wasn't addicted (iphone Smombies))
And it's been awhile
Since I can say I love myself as well (LOOKING THINNER)
And it's been awhile
Since I've gone and f*****d things up just like I always do (Tim Cook according to MR posters)
And it's been awhile
But all that s**t seems to disappear when I'm with you

And everything I can't remember (so much in the pipeline)
As f***d up as it all may seem (no Mac Mini)
The consequences that I've rendered (Apple share price drops)
I've gone and f****d things up again (doomed)

Why must I feel this way?
Just make this go away (EU TAX NOTICE)
Just one more peaceful day! (With no negative Apple news)

And it's been awhile
Since I could look at myself straight (Well not really straight, but no problem HERE)
And it's been awhile
Since I said I'm sorry(For no updated MBPs)
And it's been awhile
Since I've seen the way the candles light your face
And it's been awhile
But I can still remember just the way you taste

And everything I can't remember
As f****d up as it all may seem to be I know it's me
I cannot blame this on my father (SJ)
He did the best he could for me

And it's been awhile
Since I could hold my head up high
And it's been awhile
Since I said I'm sorry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.