Apple's quality slipping ? 3rd iPhone 6+ today ....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Nov 7, 2014.

1. kalebnate, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

kalebnate macrumors 6502

First iPhone 6+ was perfect, only until it started developing ghost tappings/possession and screen issues. Got it replaced recently with no hassle thanks to Apple's customer service.

However the 2nd phone had yellow tone, but not the way you think it is. If the whole screen was warm, it's okay I'll deal with it, but the yellow tone can only be noticed on the left side of the screen, and once seen you cannot unsee it. It was a nuisance because I keep concentrating on it every time I see white backgrounds. So I unfortunately had to go back to the Genius bar, but this time the experience was a bit hectic. First of all the genius bar employee did not take me seriously (laughed), had an attitude along with many other negative points anyway, controlling my temper, I avoided a heated argument because I really wanted my phone replaced. So he said he will ask the manager and wanted my phone, I said no I would like to speak to the manager directly. He went to the manager and came back claiming that my phone will be replaced, and if it worse than my current phone they won't replace it anymore. Once I got the replacement, he said that he is eager to see how it turns out, but of course I can't give him this wish and I just left without comparing phones (hoping it won't have defects).

What a bad experience honestly, hardware and customer experiences were much better before; I used to get an iPhone and KNOW that it won't have issues, albeit not as much as now. It's quite frustrating and ruins the overall Apple experience I'm used to.

I know this will get more heat and negativity because it's an Apple forum, but that won't phase me from posting my experience with Apple.

__

Edit :

Just reached home, compared my new phone with the iPhone 5 ... yellow screen from left to right still exists. Beautiful. There's no point going back to the genius bar because I doubt the next one is better.

__

Edit 2 :

Ghost tappings/possession was noticed today .. Opened a new page and some text got selected randomly and page swiped up. Wtf is this honestly.

__

Edit 3 :

Went to the genius bar today and was lucky enough that they saw the issue while tinkering with the phone for about 30 mins .. Replaced it with no problems.

2. kalebnate, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Stop what ? Let me guess, you will be upvoted by other mindless apple users who think Apple is perfect. I won't avoid pointing out my experiences when we were promised quality and end up having bad products.

So I guess YOU should stop turning people down who aren't afraid to voice their opinions, if you had perfect phones then good for you, not everyone is fortunate to have the same experiences as you did.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So you had some issue with two iPhones, now you have a perfect one and all is well? Great. Don't know what you want to know here because I can tell you that I believe quality had slipped a bit before the iPhone 6/6+, but you're only going to believe what you know. In this case, you believe you had two bad phones and as a result, quality, in your opinion, has slipped.

Enjoy your new 3rd iPhone.

4. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone noticed the same.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sorry but rather than blame Apple, how about blaming you!

6. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I was probably using the phone wrong.

7. Rockies macrumors 6502

I feel your frustration. I have gone through 2 "Yellow" screens on the 6. Apple must be well aware of this because none of the 6 displays at Apple Store or Best Buy have the "Yellow" screen. Was going to keep the 2nd "Yellow" phone, but had to keep the brightness to full just to get rid of it, then battery drained like crazy.

8. superlawyer15 macrumors regular

superlawyer15

I think OP is at fault here
    ..you lost all credibility with me when you left the store without comparing the replacement

IMO Apple should manage a blacklist for those who abuse their generous exchange policy

...OP's name should go right to the top of said list ;)

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Every year since the original iPhone, we seem to get reports of multiple exchanges but that has more to do with the anal-retentiveness of the repeat exchange offenders than Apple's quality control. The only exception might be flurry of factory-damaged iPhone 5 arriving out of the box full of nicks and scrapes.

10. aristobrat macrumors G5

Pick any model of iPhone that you're talking about (with your quote above), and do some quick searching on the forums here.

You'll find many people who had experiences like you're having with the iPhone 6 Plus with the previous models that you had no problems with.

Go reconcile that.

11. Rockies macrumors 6502

Huh?

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You likely can't help it!:p

13. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

I had the iPhone 5 replaced due to yellow screen once, but that yellow screen was severe (blob on the bottom). Added to this experience of receiving yet another damaged phone (twice), I stand by the statement that Apple's quality is slipping (in my opinion).

----------

Updated OP. I checked my phone now and the yellow tone still exists with the new one.
    Also, do you think I want to start comparing in front of him and tell him that the issue still exists ? I had him laugh at me and I kept my temper, I wasn't ready for him to laugh again as it that wouldn't have ended well.

14. kerrikins macrumors 65816

There were people who had to do multiple swaps with the 4, and the 4s, and the 5, and the 5s. The fact that it's happened to you this time does not make it a sudden signal of a decline in quality on Apple's part.

If you don't want to go back to store, call Apple and explain the issue, or go back on a different day/time and hope that that rep isn't working. Sounds like he was a jerk and that's the real problem.

15. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Are you sure it's the screen and not uncured epoxy ? Give it a few days.

16. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

I didn't bother reading the OP fully (because it sounds like it is one OCD experience) , but the way they mass produce the phones now, there is no way the quality is what it used to be. That said percentage-wise I am sure they are meeting their expected QC targets.

17. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Honestly your just looking for problems. I don't sit there and look and see if the screen is off or something. You do realize every iPhone screen can be different due to LG, Sharp and Samsung making panels.

18. aristobrat macrumors G5

I stand by my statenent that people have had these problems since the original iPhone launched back in 2007, and that despite you having this happen to you recently, there are enough posts on MacRumors to prove that it's nothing new with Apple's quality.

19. jim.hickman.777 macrumors regular

20. goofy1958 macrumors regular

I would just like to know where you can get multiple 6+ replacements?? I cannot find even one within a few hundred miles, so where are you? What color and size?

21. chabig macrumors 68040

I noticed that you just joined these forums in September 2014 and already you've started 65 threads.

[​IMG]

22. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

what do you expect when apple has 9 year olds in China putting together our phones;)

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My question is, why are you keeping it? You're obviously upset. Show Apple by not giving them your money.

24. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Either this guy is Troll or he needs to seriously consider having his eyes checked at his doctors. There are conditions for people that are color blind or have a bad sense of color distinction. Definitely go get your eyes checked before replacing anymore phones. Im not even trying to be a jerk..It could be serious.