Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Technically, no US provider has "4G" which is supposedly 100mb/s..

Please note:

The ITU's definition of 4G is not just about speed. There are many other requirements, starting with an all-IP network.

100Mbps is just the ITU's suggested target mobile speed for R&D. It's not a hard requirement. Heck, 4G charts start at 10Mbps for mobile usage. Of course, just having 10Mbps does NOT equal 4G, because of all the other requirements.

In the end, though, as I've pointed out even before the ITU flip-flopped around, the public definition of "4G" will be whatever the carriers say it is. The ITU said EDGE was 3G, and every carrier ignored that silliness as well.

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Oh, I agree about Verizon's network. It's just not 4G. More like 3.75G LOL

haha true. One of the reasons I'm getting the t-bolt is to lock in that unlimited 4G plan.. I refuse to go tiered on a phone and VZW will go tiered in a couple months.

fahadqureshi

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2009
Houston, TX
I don't believe these numbers.

Why?

Not because I'm a fan of one or the other, but because how are they getting %? Look at the sheer numbers of iPhone 4's sold in the 7-8 months before the Verizon iPhone was even released. Your telling me that Verizon has alreayd sold 12% of the millions AT&T did?

I doubt many AT&T iPhone 4 users actually cancelled their plan and switched, so your not going to be losing AT&T numbers that way.

Wait for Verizon to release it's official numbers, then compare to the numbers from AT&T and we will have our answer. Other than that it's just silly.

agreed. especially since many people are intelligently holding out for the iphone 5.

ozred

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Expect even more when the iPhone 5 comes out. I have a feeling many people decided to wait until June to buy including myself.

I was _really_ looking forward to a redesigned iPhone 5. But that rumor appears to be dashed. More of the same old 4, I'll pass.

A perfect time to switch to Android.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
From what I've noticed, there are a LOT more iPhone out there now. My high school class has 69 kids. Before iPhone was on Verizon, there were two iPhone users. Now, there are seven. I know this is a tiny sample, but it wouldn't surprise me if the percentage was a tad higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.