Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sambo.

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2004
outback, far from the surf
$0.02

for a shower, i go to the Club :) , across the road (best $11- i spend each year! :cool: )
for a bath i go to the Artesian baths down the road. depending on how recently Council cleaned it out. unfortunatly it comes out of the ground at 56C :eek: and the baths themselves aren't constantly at the 42C :eek: they should be. but a 24 hour :) , free :) (with my annual rates bill...) natural mineral spa is pretty good :)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Nanda Devi said:
...By the way, anyone ever use one of those timed showers that takes a token?...
#
:mad: Yes, at a campsite as a kid in Aosta valley Italy. You could either have unlimited free showers with water just melted off the alps or use the tokens for hot water. Of course I only found out about the hot water tokens when I went back years later as an adult. When I got home I was telling my folks about how the campsite now had hot water when I realized they were looking shifty, child brutality I call it. :mad:

puckhead193 said:
i'm a shower person. i shower at night, i could never wake up early enough to shower and dry off and then use ahava i have such dry skin if i don't use lotion my skin gets dry and itchy

There was a woman who lived about 4doors down from me who obviously had dry skin like you. Every night when I went to get my newspaper from the corner she'd be stood in her bedroom with the light on and gossamer curtains, lubing herself all over. It was a sad day when she moved :( :eek:

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
yea deffinately showers only.... i would take a bath however, I do live with a roommate so I dont know exactly what goes on in the shower so yea no baths at all!!! I dont care how many times you scrub the bath I wont use it unless im the only one living there with a brand new bath :)

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I almost exclusively shower, but I like to take a bath followed by a shower when I travel to help with the physical and mental stresses of traveling :).

scem0

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
So I guess most people prefers showers?

By the way, last week was super hot here in Connecticut. Thus a really COLD shower was refreshing. :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
Eevee said:
By the way, last week was super hot here in Connecticut. Thus a really COLD shower was refreshing. :D

Yes, I have to agree. Although I love hot showers, there are many times in the summer when I take cold ones, like when it is 40+ degrees Celsius outside. ;) I had my share of cold showers (when I could find them!) when I was backpacking through the Australian Outback in the middle of December a couple of years ago as well, and yes, they can be quiet refreshing! :cool:

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Normaly i shower when i wake up and once more after my workout. I normaly get up at 7-8 and have a nice cold shower then hit the gym at gym at 11am, after 1-2 hours of workouti hit the shower again. Sometimes i get a bath before i go to bed but that slike 1-2 times a week.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'm normally a shower person. I take a bubble bath perhaps twice a year, but only with soft music in the background and aromatic candles.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Sogo

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2004
I shower since, thats all we have in our dorms. Now that I think of it, when was the last time I took a bath? I use to take baths all the time growing up, since i liked the warm water; plus I got to delay my bed time.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
An invigorating shower every morning is how my day begins. It's never a good idea to have fellow workers get within several feet of you and begin to do some unusual sniffing unless, of course, you happen to work with investigative reporters or detectives.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
Cool, my thread got resurrected after 3 months! ;)

Still taking showers here, every night before I go to bed. Then the odd bath with my wife from time to time... :cool:

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Shower every morning before work...

Occasionally miss a day a go with a wash (a "cat's lick and a promise") if I'm going to be vegging round the house and not seeing anyone.

Occasional bath, usually if I'm aching for any reason or if I just want to mellow a bit with bubbles, a book and the radio.

Shower is always set to peel skin from body pressure, and I can't start a day without the shower radio and a bit of 6am rawk-ing to Lauren Laverne's breakfast show on Xfm.

Temperature (for both shower and bath) is always at least cannibal stew.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Seriously, aside from a setting where a bath is the only option, why would any one choose a bath over a shower? Soaking in one's own .......? Meh

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
xsedrinam said:
Seriously, aside from a setting where a bath is the only option, why would any one choose a bath over a shower? Soaking in one's own .......? Meh

Many previous posters have indicated they shower before and/or after a bath, which makes sense, because I agree about the whole "sitting in your own filth" thing. I think it's more the relaxing aspect than anything. Especially if it's with somebody special... :eek: :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.