Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGuyiGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Just wanted to hear from all of your on your opinions of the iPhone 4 and just apple in general..

I have had an iPhone since the 2g launch years ago. I was so excited to get the white iPhone 4, but when it was dropped from release the day before I still got in line and got the black one..

I never had so many issues with a phone, dropped calls, laggy, etc. Needless to say I was not impressed..

So these days I am no longer an iPhone user :mad: I have switched to a blackberry torch and iPad combo...

Any apple lovers have the same issues/feelings??

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Not sure what 'laggy etc' means, but if I were you I sure would have tried a replacement iPhone before completely bailing ship.

The only problem I've had with my i4 are dropped calls and, well, I had the same problem with my 3G. So the worst thing I can say about my i4 is that some parts of it are the same as my 3G.

Solange82200

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2010
MIne is perfect, and better than I thought it would be. Granted, where I live (Miami) has excellent coverage with ATT, but I will say I used my Iphone 4 in NYC with no problems and my old 3gs in San Francisco also with no problems...

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
I love it, been a real change for me as this is my first iPhone and my last 2 phones were Androids. Much better than I thought and mine is absolutely perfect.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Yes i am very happy with mine. Its getting better all the time with the new apps that i'm finding recently.

I am most impressed with the hd recording and camera.

supervelous

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Yes, was better than I thought it would be, and that was before I jailbroke. The Iphone 4 can handle many mods without breaking a sweat. I've got Facetime over 3G, can upload videos in HD to Youtube & Facebook straight from the phone (without an app, natively), take pictures with my volume buttons, background any app, reply to texts from lockscreen or within any app, change settings from within any app or homescreen, and have a blacklist to block certain people from calling/texting me.

The Iphone 4 exceeded my expectations, then the jailbreak made it simply the best phone ever.

mrathee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
I love mine - fixed my deathgrip issue with a tiny piece of tape, and voila - no issues.

Shield

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Canada
The iPhone 4 has been an awesome experience for me. I wonder if part of the issue for people is the AT&T inadequacies? Up here in Canada we have choices for several networks. I'm with Bell, and have not had a single dropped call or signal issue at all. In fact, it has greatly improved with the iPhone 4 from my previous phone. But as soon as I crossed the border into New York State and roamed onto AT&T's network I noticed how the bars would fluctuate a lot.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
I knew when I got it that there was some issues but not the texting/battery :p
Ill give this another few weeks and if it keeps up on draining battery Im gonna ask for a replacement.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
I'm enjoying it, but less than anticipated after I attended WWDC.*

Walking out of the keynote I felt pretty good about the iPhone 4. Not overly excited, but good. I don't get super pumped up at these events cause I know that it's part hype and part reality.*

Sadly this year we were lied to unlike any previous keynote Steve Jobs has presented.*

Not knowing that, and _needing_ (not just wanting) a new iPhone, I trusted in Apple & pre-ordered. When my phone arrived one day before launch thanks to AT&T I was pumped. The first call I made lasted about 40 seconds till the antenna issue dropped the call.... And the rest is history.*

Problem being I carry my phone naked all the time. It's beautiful and I've never used a case no matter what except when hiking or other hi energy activities. Then it goes in an Otterbox.*

Then to further exacerbate my disappointment Jobs rears his ugly head to insult everyone by saying "you're holding it wrong". Now his adrenaline is pumping and he's out for blood. How dare anyone criticize his products. From that point forward it's been all downhill for the master of smoke & mirrors.*

Oh, I know, many will argue they've kissed and made up. Sadly their right. Jobs is loved and worshipped by the lemmings that kiss his feet. You've got to give him credit he's got a cash cow business that just keeps growing. The people that worship cash worship Steve. A balanced life illudes *them.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Really great phone. Upgraded from a 3G and the difference is night/day. Have no issues with the proximity sensor although the reception is an issue. Had the same issue with my 3G so not a huge thing. Live in the DC area so coverage (despite what AT&T says) is spotty. Never had a dropped call however I have had some "muddy" conversations. Overall though, very happy with this and even happier to finally get rid of my 3G.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Just wanted to hear from all of your on your opinions of the iPhone 4 and just apple in general..

I have had an iPhone since the 2g launch years ago. I was so excited to get the white iPhone 4, but when it was dropped from release the day before I still got in line and got the black one..

I never had so many issues with a phone, dropped calls, laggy, etc. Needless to say I was not impressed..

So these days I am no longer an iPhone user :mad: I have switched to a blackberry torch and iPad combo...

Any apple lovers have the same issues/feelings??

Oh my god! How is that Torch treating you! :D;)

I played with one at CostCo and I can't imagine going from the iPhone4's resolution to the Torch!

http://www.technewsdaily.com/comparing-the-blackberry-torch-and-the-iphone-4-0974/

You should really check out the Captivate if you're on At&t and don't want the iPhone4, although I feel like you probably just had a bad handset. All the iPhone4's that I played with ran smooth as butter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.