Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
Arn's not chinese. If you didn't know, 'Kim' cannot be formed with chinese script. It can be formed from Hangul and therefore Kim is a Korean name.

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
I felt bad for Bob, but that's what happens when you can't think fast.

Arn did a great job! Kept his cool and answered correctly and intelligently.

Apple doesn't need anything new. Heck, the iPod was nothing new. It was the simplicity, user interface, and connectivity that gave it the success it has.
In fact, one of the problems that iPod competitors have is that the manufactures want to add new features, instead of fixing the ones that need fixing.
It's one of the reasons why Apple has been reluctant to add zip-bang features to the iPod. The more crap it has, the more complicated it is. Just think how long it took to have video or games on an iPod. If it can't be done right, don't do it at all.
The iPone will be the same. Don't expect a crapload of worthless features, just the standard stuff done right, with iTunes integration, and iPod like simplicity.

I'll be the first in line.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
:cool: Great post Rocketman.

Arn did a great job and I love that he wore a suit.

I think he wore the suit to irritate Steve Jobs. Steve pulls stuff on the rumor sites all the time . . .

:)

Thanks for the supportive comment njmac.

Arn really should do about an hour of homework watching this channel next time he goes on. He did just fine, but Dylan Ratigan has a shotgum blast interview style he uses to a good extent on his Fast Money show for daily stock traders. This IS a financial channel.

If he gets an interview with Jim Cramer who loves Apple, he will do well, and the main man at the network is the host of Power Lunch, who used to be the fianacial guy for Channel 18 in Los Angeles before there even was cable TV.

Rocketman

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I'll be the first in line.

No, I will definitely check you out of the way :D :p

Great job Arn(old), very professional and you kept your cool when the host started to grill you a bit, Bob got too hung up on defending the Mac but you knew that's not what you were there to do and you did what you should have. Always giving MacRumors a good image :)

--Cheers

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Arn,

Why didn't you say my name while you were on TV?

Huh? Or at least thrown me some sort of MR gang sign.

Jeez.

:rolleyes:

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Wow, just got around to viewing that video. That interviewer was some ass-hole. Sure he was throwing down hard facts such as 95% of the Computer Market is NOT an Apple Computer, but he came off as a prick.

Arn, you really are a good interviewee. Is that a word?

Arn on TV? What's next? MacRumors TV Show?:eek:

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
Wow, just got around to viewing that video. That interviewer was some ass-hole.

No that's his style and his question was fair - what will be innovative about the iPhone?

Other guy's answer: "Apple always innovates" -- Thumbs DOWN
Note: he then proceeds to aggressively insist the host let him finish his pointless point

Arn's answer: "There were MP3 players before the iPod...." -- Thumbs UP

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
Well done and well handled. Questions got answered without going into depth. afterall... its all rumors, who knows?!

Codemonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2002
Edmonton
MSN: Meet Flash.

...and of course that crap friggin microsoftcacca videocrap player manages to crash Safari, fisrt time in FORVER!!!!!

So... Windows Media Player crashed eh? Very interesting. Because the player used on the http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/fv.htm...7877543de6a&f=rssmoney&fg=rss&f=15/64rssmoney

Link has _nothing_ to do with Windows Media Player! Interesting! If you right click on the controller elements, all you get are browser options (indicating that it's not the typical controller embedded). Never mind that the player is styled like XP. And to top it all off, if you right-click the video - it's FLASH!! :D

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good on ya, Microsoft: abandon your own tech. Soon someone will tell me that Hotmail used to run on Linux software, or some such nonesense... </sarcasm>

And to add my .02 CDN: The host most definitley has his panties in a bunch - he's prolly p*ssed off his Zune turned out to be a piece of crap, his Dell Jukebox is being used to hold the napkins down on his kitchen table, and his can of GLH just ran out.

lOUDsCREAMEr

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2006
Safari desert
Arn's not chinese. If you didn't know, 'Kim' cannot be formed with chinese script. It can be formed from Hangul and therefore Kim is a Korean name.

FYI, "Kim" essentially means "Gold" in both Chinese & Korean.

2266.gif

thatz how "Kim" written in Chinese..

Kim is a Korean family name tho'..

fixyourthinking

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Greenville SC
My comment is directed at Arn himself (Arnold). You certainly came off better than the other guy as far as being content filled and comfortable with the interview.

CNBC takes alot of almost ready for prime time folks and gives them a chance to shine, and as a network that needs to fill airtime, reinvites folks with something to say.

I suggest you prepare perhaps 10 15-20 second monologues which you can say from memory in response to a question.

Or as politicians do, respond to the question posed, and "elaborate" with their own 15 second monologue to get a message out.

Something along the lines of, "Yes Apple has a small market share, however it increased its market share 30% in computers in the last year or so, and our site macrumors.com has discussion boards as to why.

"The iPhone features and benefits are pure speculation right now, but one rumour is that it will integrate wireless internet as well as phone and iPod features. Apple recently purchased the Worldcom telecon center in California for $50 million.

By conveying information in sound bite format, and refering the viewer to the website you get a triple play. CNBC gets an intertesting guest, you cite facts, and you increase traffic at the website.

You sir, ARE ready for prime time. Good job!

Rocketman

Feel free to email me for further interactions on this topic.

That's a good suggestion ...

Way to go, arn!

I'm not someone who does well under rapid-fire conditions, so had it been me I probably wouldn't have responded to the request for an interview.

And definitely that interviewer was an asshat; I have absolutely no use nor patience for his ilk. Had I been on and he'd done that to me, I'd have probably told him to f*** off, and then walked off the set while on-camera.

And yes, my retinas now have an image of The Arn burned into them. I now see Arn in all places and at all times. Amazing!

Far more interesting than the Church of Bob, we should definitely begin the Church of Arn to help continue his good Mac works.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Wow! I never thought that MacRumors would be taken seriously enough to make news on television considering that the reports from here are just rumors.

I guess a larger portion of the world is curious about what Apple is coming up with next--and maybe it's the increase of bloggers that was the catalyst that allowed it to happen.

Anyway this is good news and I'm happy to have been an Apple fan and a part of this site up to this point.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
i hate the fact that the host was anti-mac.

he's like "what's so cool about the mac? nearlly nobody uses them!" kind of attitude.

and he's one of those typical guys who wants features features and more features. he just dosen't get it.

i thought "gee-ing" means gold though in chinese :confused:

Matt2.0

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2006
Rochester, MN
As stated above, extremely well done Arn. It would have been so easy to get defensive about Macs in the face of all the desinformation coming out of that host.

The host came across as, and probably is, a man with the analytic skills of a reptile. 5% market penetration=failure? What about Porsche, are they a failure? Pathetic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.