Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I think a lot of us would be greatly appreciative if someone would post a little step by step of how to track their package (if they pre ordered from AT&T's site) I know I could use the help =]

Ok, I have a premiere account so don't know if this will work for everyone:

1) Login to http://wireless.att.com
2) Lower right hand side of the screen is a section that says "My Orders"...click "View All"
3) Scroll down on the page that follows

I tried using the link that came in my e-mail, but it hasn't updated since 10/8.

Unfortunately my status is currently "Backordered". I did have issues getting things worked out on my account and didn't order until around 2:30CST on Friday.

BulletToothTony

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009
I am waiting for a check to clear on my bank, so i couldn't pre-order by friday but i should be able to pre-order in the the next few hours (very early monday)

And i was wondering if someone that had pre-order AFTER it the apple site had changed from "delivered on Friday 14th" to "will ship in 1 to 2 weeks" has received the notice that it's preparing to ship.

I don't entirely mind going to wait a couple of hours at the apple store on release day, but if there is a chance i can avoid it, and there is "signs" that it will still be delivered by this friday i would rather pre-order

Bytemebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
Florida
My charge was only pending on Friday. The charge dropped on Saturday. Thought that was weird. Thought it would hold for longer.

Same here. It still says pending in my account, but the amount hasn't been frozen in my account like it was on Friday. Mine still says pending. I ordered on Friday at approx noon.

Captain America

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Ok, I have a premiere account so don't know if this will work for everyone:

1) Login to http://wireless.att.com
2) Lower right hand side of the screen is a section that says "My Orders"...click "View All"
3) Scroll down on the page that follows

I tried using the link that came in my e-mail, but it hasn't updated since 10/8.

Unfortunately my status is currently "Backordered". I did have issues getting things worked out on my account and didn't order until around 2:30CST on Friday.

I have Premier, but as I had stated in a post further up, I get this error:

E0019: No order was found. If you recently placed an order, please try again later. Note: Information for orders placed within the past 24 hours may not be available.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think if you're preordering now, you'll really be looking at a 1-2 week wait.

I don't have any facts to substantiate that hypothesis but i'm making the assumption based on past iPhone preorders.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I have Premier, but as I had stated in a post further up, I get this error:

E0019: No order was found. If you recently placed an order, please try again later. Note: Information for orders placed within the past 24 hours may not be available.

I think I got that as well at first. Tonight was the first time I noticed it working this way.

autigerMark

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
Daphne, AL
I am waiting for a check to clear on my bank, so i couldn't pre-order by friday but i should be able to pre-order in the the next few hours (very early monday)

And i was wondering if someone that had pre-order AFTER it the apple site had changed from "delivered on Friday 14th" to "will ship in 1 to 2 weeks" has received the notice that it's preparing to ship.

I don't entirely mind going to wait a couple of hours at the apple store on release day, but if there is a chance i can avoid it, and there is "signs" that it will still be delivered by this friday i would rather pre-order

Apple has sold out of the first wave of pre-order iphones. They clearly state if you pre-order now it will not ship for 1 to 2 weeks.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Mine is pending shipment - no backordered anymore either. Can't wait for my new phone :)

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
That link doesn't update fast. It's something to do with premier, but I'm thinking that it's still on schedule for the 14th. It says processing and backordered, but it's said that all weekend. If I didn't see the pending charge, I'd be worried.

I don't have a pending charge. :(

Leeartlee

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Backordered ----> Processing

Ordered mine at 1:50 pst Friday night/Sat morning

Not going to lie... kinda pissed mine isn't "preparing for shipment" yet :(

;)

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
I ordered around 5:43am EST and my order is "preparing for shipment." No tracking number though. I am excited, as this is my first iPhone pre-order.

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I don't have a pending charge. :(

Neither do I. However, the same thing happened when I ordered the 4. It's stays as pending for 1-2 days I believe (depending on your bank) and then when it ships they charge you for real. At least that's what happened last year. It may vary based on your bank, though.

This will all work itself out in the next few days..and we'll all be happy on Friday (at least those of us that got our orders in before the alleged cut-off)...or maybe a day earlier like last year.

Seriously, these threads will drive you crazy...you'll start seeing people who have a different status and then freak because you wonder why yours isn't pending, or prepared for shipment.

If what is reported is true, AT&T has to muddle through a humongous amount of pre-orders. But like last year, I have confidence we'll all be happy by the end of the week.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I just want to be able to plan ahead if I'm going to head to the store after work on Thursday or not. :D

Actually, got a buddy that keeps waffling on the decision so I may end up camping w/ him anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.