AT&T is the worst network I've used, ever.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamG, Jul 12, 2010.

1. WilliamG macrumors G3

I've used a TON of networks in my life. I had One2One back in the UK, Orange UK, Vodafone UK, VoiceStream in the US - > TMobile USA. I've had a cell phone longer than I can remember.

But NO network comes close to the utter frustration that I experience with AT&T. Living in Seattle I drop so many calls that it's almost not worth making a long call via 3G, so I switch it off and use EDGE.

I tried to make a call today THREE times to Customer Service to find out why my new iPhone 4 order for my sister-in-law looks like this. I mean how helpful is this?

And they have no idea... nobody can help. GAH!!!

AT&T is full of incompetent idiots who don't know anything about what they're doing, have the most unreliable network I've EVER used, and... just wow!

Anyway, the second the iPhone goes to a different network, I'm gone. Gone, gone, gone.

Attached Files:

2. FortMOney macrumors member

Honestly dude I didn't read your post cause I got better things to do but based upon reading your title, couldn't your time be spent better switching networks and getting a new phone instead of bitching on a forum?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Clearly you would be better off on a different network. Why put yourself through all of that frustration and aggravation? No phone is worth it when you can't even make a call.

4. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure we were all wondering about the status of your sister's iPhone.

5. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

Honestly dude I didn't read your post cause I've got better things to do but based on Macrumors posting history, I'm sure you've got nothing constructive to say.

6. ElvisFreshly macrumors member

I feel for you. Come over to Sprint where your free from bad reception phones, bad networks, power hungry CEOS, slow technology, closed platform, no flash and data caps. You'll get video calls on 3g 4g wifi pc plus mobile hotspot. Its a no brainer my friend. Good luck.

7. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

8. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You DO realize that the iPhone is exclusive to AT&T in the United States. Switching carriers is probably just as possible as asking Apple to give you a free bumper in the color of your choice, along with it being autographed by Steve Jobs and a handwritten apology for not having the white version available at launch.

The iPhone 4 is great. The network behind it, not so much.

9. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

He is only sharing the pain that many iPhone users suffer. I personally have never used AT&T and can't comment but I have about ton of friends who I know of that would switch instantly to ANY other network if they could get the iPhone there as well. I myself refuse to pay $70 to get a 2GB per month data cap and very limited voice plan.... I pay $30 and get unlimited calling on my current phone ( its not a smart phone so no data though )

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

11. FortMOney macrumors member

Posting your woes on a forum to people who really can't do **** about it isn't very constructive either is it?

12. iPadztr macrumors 6502

you better off with different carrier and clearly AT&T isnt for you.

13. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

You could say that about ANY issues ANY of us have. You cracked your new iPhone? Why post about it? You're having dropped calls? Why post about it? See?

14. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

So you've never had AT&T... and you don't own an iPhone. Yet you feel the need to comment as to the quality of AT&T service and their ability to provide iPhones to other people's sisters?

Awesome.

15. FortMOney macrumors member

That's why I never post stuff like that. If I ever post anything, it's a question that someone might be able to answer, such as "has anyone used this case?" or "what's the best screen protector out there?"

If I ever crack my iPhone or start having network problems I guarantee you I will be talking to AT&T/apple, not people who can't do anything about it.

16. Sc24evr macrumors member

and of course you would need a charger because their evo goes out in less than 4 hours.

17. ElvisFreshly macrumors member

Apple fangirls get offended OP when you post ANY negative iphone threads. The iphone and att is perfect to them. Steve Jobs has his hooks in them deep.

Your not aloud to post negative remarks on mac rumors or you get flamed. Apple fanboys are just like the iphone, they're broken on the inside and out. And both have limited functionality.

18. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I have perfect reception where I live. I guess you should move somewhere else. :)

19. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Well like I said I have never used it, but when about 10 of my friends who DO use it tell me that its the worst network they have ever used it has to mean something. I mean when that many people tell me the same thing I start to believe them. I am not sharing my opinion I am sharing the opinion of others I call friends. However it is FACT that you cannot pay AT&T $30 a month and get unlimited calling like I can with my phone company.

20. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Are you mentally challenged? Or can you just not afford an iPhone?

21. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

AT&T's network didn't turn to crap until the iPhone started showing up and I really don't think any of us can say anymore with a straight face that it is the sole fault of AT&T.

Turns out Apple just kind of stinks at making a cell phone.

22. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

It's so true. I own a TON of Apple products. I've been very active on these forums, asking questions and helping others with answers. I came on here to voice my utter frustration with AT&T. Apple should be ashamed of itself for using them for the iPhone. Those who have no issues? Good for you. You're of no use. Those of you who live in cities where AT&T sucks know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Every friend of mine here (with or without an iPhone on the 3G network) complains of the exact same thing.

They're a joke.

23. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Must be pretty bored to spend your time on an apple message board. Your so cool with your lil sprint phone :)

One day I'll be like you hopefully! If only I could afford an almighty evo. Wait.......I can. I just don't want one. :)

24. FortMOney macrumors member

So no one is allowed to have a favorite anymore? It's like a favorite sports team, if someone talks bad about it of course you're going to defend it. The iPhone 4 is the best phone I've ever used. Is no one allowed to believe that?

25. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625