AT&T lies

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple3g040193, Jun 9, 2010.

?

what should happen

1. i get SOMETHING for their lie

16.0%
  2. i eat att lie and just upgrade

84.0%
  1. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

Heres my question I went to the att store 3 months ago and bought a 3gs because my previous one was stolen but before I bought it I said you know what ill just wait till they announce the new iphone and the guy (Who was the manager) replied "dont wait get one now because i know there will definatly be no new iphone this year". I aked are you sure and he said yes i even had a small argument with him about apple usually releasing new iphones every year he then replied trust me i know. I bought the phone and whatta know a new iphone.

So what do you think is the right think for att to do
    1) honor their word releize they lied and atleast give me the full upgrade price
    2)i was wrong and pay full price (either way im getting the phone)
    notice im not asking for a return im asking for att to do the right thing and atleast do somwhat right by there coustomers
    any thoughts.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you fell for it and know blame AT&T.
    All reps are trained to tell you the same BS.
    They want to make a sell today and lock you into a contract instead of waiting.
    You knew it was going to come out, never take any salesmans word for it. They are all liars.
    Not much you can do know but get the new one and sell your 3GS to make up for the difference.

3. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

just buy the new one and eBay or CL the old one.... and you will be 3 months closer to the next upgrade

4. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

No offense or anything, but you shouldn't have trusted that guy. There have been rumors about this new iPhone for months now, pretty much since the launch of the 3GS. If you want it so badly, then buy it. I can pretty much guarantee that ATT won't give you the discounted price.

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

6. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

i agree with u guys im not whing I probably shouldnt of trusted the guy but i hate liars and it was the manager to boot and this isnt the first time att has lied to me

7. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Your poll is bogus, you need another option:

"I'm an idiot for believing a salesman that makes money off of sales today, not ones in the future."

You knew one was coming out and you bought it anyways, you need to suck it up.

**EDIT**

Three months ago, Giz published the new iPhone for all to see, so you have even less of an excuse.

8. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

hes was the manager and i have a reciept thats about it i called cs and they said talk to the manager directly

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go up and see him again.
    Ask what he can do for you know.
    Maybe if you're lucky enough he'll hook you up with an early upgrade or something.

10. jammybastard macrumors regular

jammybastard

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

There is no way in the world that they will do option 1. And I certainly wouldn't reward them by purchasing a phone at full retail price. I would either cancel my service and move to another provider; or keep your GS and continue to enjoy it.

12. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

[​IMG]

Fool me once, shame on, uh, me, uh, fool me -- ya fool me can't get fooled again!!!!

13. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

actually they didnt have the leak out yet when i bought it it was march 31st

14. advan031 macrumors 6502

You didn't get anything in writing so you have no leg to stand on.

Don't be so naive next time, you live and you learn.

15. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Why didn't you return it as soon as the new one leaked? That was within 30 days.

You're not some newb, you've been registered on this forum for an year now. You have no excuse for not knowing that AT&T sales people are a bunch of liars when it comes to stuff like this.

Why didn't you just ask people here if there was going to be a new iPhone this year. Anyone with half a brain cell would have told you yes.

16. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

im really not trying to whine here its really my fault for believing a lieing company but i just cant stand att any more but i cant live without the iphone im stuck between a rock and a hard place

17. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

good point but then i would of been without a phone

18. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

It would fall under hearsay...you'd have to proove he said that, like record the conversation...and even then that would be illegal in some states if you didn't have his consent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law

I would sell it on ebay or craigslist like mentioned above.
    Even if he was right, waiting it out...or buying a used one in the meantime would've prooved him wrong.

Next time...if he's so sure, get it in writing...and have him sign something that states if/when the new iphone comes out he'll swap it for you or some BS like that.
    I bet you 100/1 he would refuse to sign it.

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you can't stand AT&T but stay with them, then don't complain. It's about as bad as the people who bitch and whine about the government but refuse to vote.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Quite the drama queen, aren't you?:rolleyes: It is a phone, nothing more. It won't cure cancer, end world hunger, or make the Cubs win the World Series.

So it is time to man up and make a choice. Deal with a "lieing" company and keep your iPhone; or give up the iPhone and deal with a better (according to you) company.

While I'm at it....would it kill you to capitalize, use spell check and punctuation?:p

21. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

Yes LOL.

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I guess the old phrase "buyer beware" comes to mind. Why would you trust anything an ATT manager says about a product 100% not in his control? If you read this rumors on this site or other Mac/iPhone sites with any regularity then you'd know a new iPhone comes out every year. You should also know that Apple is super double probation secret about all their products. They don't share release info with anyone out side the "inner circle" until they release it to everyone. Chalk it up to a life lesson and do some due diligence next time. Gullibility will burn you every time. Every. Time.

23. tfrees macrumors member

go onto www.gazelle.com and sell your iphone. if it is that new, you should get so money for it. i sold mine for 200 bucks.