Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goknicks

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
mdawid,

Call again and choose option to cancel account. that will take you to the retention dept.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
just called. it worked. no credit, but this is pretty great

its 611, then press 0, then 3

Last edited:

Baker0890

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
called 611 and asked for retentions. First live person was in retentions dept and i said I've seen sprint is offering to double data to 20gb for same cost. He said he saw the option in system to double me to 20.
done deal

anarche

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Perfect - this worked in 2 minutes with no hassles.

To get to retentions, in the first menu on 611, press 0, then 3.

Just mention you're thinking of moving to Sprint as they have the 20GB plan for the same price and he'll match you.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Yes I got it done!! 20GB for the price of 10GB!! Mine will be effective I guess on the last day of my billing cycle to eliminate proration but I'm very excited

That's what I was told too. I hope it's true. Would have felt better if I had gotten it right away like everyone else. As of now I have no real record of it. The person I talked to was very nice and knowledgable and there was no, ahem, language barrier so I'm optimistic.

Ghostbuster386

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2014
Orlando, FL
I just called in to get this done and did actually cancel a line while I was on the phone. The guy was super nice and processed both for me no problems.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
That's what I was told too. I hope it's true. Would have felt better if I had gotten it right away like everyone else. As of now I have no real record of it. The person I talked to was very nice and knowledgable and there was no, ahem, language barrier so I'm optimistic.

I was told that it's effective today because my billing cycle doesn't end until after the promotion ends on 10/31, so they have to change it now. I'm not sure why they didn't make yours effective immediately.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Just got it doubled to 20gb. Took 2 minutes. Just said sprint has it, have anything similar?. She said sure, I can add it. Checked and it's effective. Got the text message and she said she would date it back to the start of my billing cycle. 20gb is sweeeet!

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
If you're on verizon and you want to get this promo, looks like you're out of look.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/myverizon/customer-retention.html

I called them twice with the number from their site. No luck. First time tried telling them I was thinking of moving to sprint since they have 20gb data and the rep basically told me to go ahead and there's nothing they can do.

Second time I told them I have a friend on AT&T who got his data bumped up to 20gb and asked if they can match it, and they said no unless I upgrade to 15gigs for $10 more or 30gigs for $30 more.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Well wifi calling should be coming in a few months

Everyone get a text about the upgrade? I didn't, but went on my AT&T app and it shows 20GB so I'm good, just strange no text comfirming my change.

i didnt get one either but i went thru Chat and had mine done that way. When i accessed my account online it shows 20GBs (from 10GB) with 'A change to your plan" message

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Just did this. I spent more time waiting on the phone to get a rep in retentions than I did actually having the new plan applied.

fenway15

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
WV
Just tried this over chat and was told they aren't doing double the data on anything below 15gb plans. Do you have to threaten to leave to get this deal?

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Just tried this over chat and was told they aren't doing double the data on anything below 15gb plans. Do you have to threaten to leave to get this deal?

Didn't work for me over chat. They were persistent to sell me on the double data plans they now have. I called and called the cancellation department and explained sprints offer and they matched it.

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
I am also wary of why my plan isn't reflecting this, but luckily my bill cycle ends on the 24th and if I don't see it by then then I will call to have them make it right.

She told me to change it on the last day of the cycle to have the least amount of proration and that sometimes there is some issues that makes it a bit messy if it's changed before that. I guess this makes sense in regards to why people were getting so many credits and adjustments. It's probably to offset the proration from the change in the plan.

But I am very excited to have the 20GB package! What a deal!

turbocamel

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2014
So my issue is that i have 2 lines. 2gb data and unlimited data. 700 mins plus $30 for unlimited text and mobile calls. After my discounts 23% which applies off my 30$ data package. And 115$ core charge. I end up with a bill of $140/month.

If I upgrade to this 20gb plan. It's $100-%= 76 but then I have to pay $40 PER line?!?

And no discounts apply to that. Unlike before 10$ +30$ data, at least the data got discounted.

Brings my bill to 156$ without tax.

Granted I'm throttled as hell after 5gb. And I still end up using about 9-11gb. Wife goes over sometimes.

Decisions. Decisions. Anyone else drop their unlimited plan?

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Just did this. First rep said he did not know anything about it and wanted to know where I heard about it. I told him I just read about it on MacRumors. He put me on hold for a good 20 minutes. He came back on and said he was turning me over to his supervisor. Supervisor ask a few personal questions. Ask if i was going to move to Sprint and I said I wasn't but it's a good reason to. Then he said hold on I'll go over your records with my management team. I was on hold for another 15 minutes. He came back on and said you got 20GB for the same price, $100. I ask when does it start and he said right now go to myAT&T app and take a look. I did and there it was. I'm a happy camper.:)

turbocamel

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2014
Just did this. First rep said he did not know anything about it and wanted to know where I heard about it. I told him I just read about it on MacRumors.

I don't understand why people think this is ever a good idea. Draw attention to something to screw later people over. N00bs

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
So my issue is that i have 2 lines. 2gb data and unlimited data. 700 mins plus $30 for unlimited text and mobile calls. After my discounts 23% which applies off my 30$ data package. And 115$ core charge. I end up with a bill of $140/month.

If I upgrade to this 20gb plan. It's $100-%= 76 but then I have to pay $40 PER line?!?

And no discounts apply to that. Unlike before 10$ +30$ data, at least the data got discounted.

Brings my bill to 156$ without tax.

Granted I'm throttled as hell after 5gb. And I still end up using about 9-11gb. Wife goes over sometimes.

Decisions. Decisions. Anyone else drop their unlimited plan?

Did you just renew contracts for the iPhone 6? if not I would just call at&t and ask them if you would be able to get the 25 dollar discount on the 40 if you were to switch. If they say yes you should be looking at about 120 per month (thats what I am paying with 21% fan discount)

----------

Just did this. First rep said he did not know anything about it and wanted to know where I heard about it. I told him I just read about it on MacRumors. He put me on hold for a good 20 minutes. He came back on and said he was turning me over to his supervisor. Supervisor ask a few personal questions. Ask if i was going to move to Sprint and I said I wasn't but it's a good reason to. Then he said hold on I'll go over your records with my management team. I was on hold for another 15 minutes. He came back on and said you got 20GB for the same price, $100. I ask when does it start and he said right now go to myAT&T app and take a look. I did and there it was. I'm a happy camper.:)

Why didn't you just talk to retentions?

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
I don't understand why people think this is ever a good idea. Draw attention to something to screw later people over. N00bs

My thoughts exactly. Could have just said online. Informing Att supervisors of where this information is might make them aware and change it so no one else can get it. Not smart.

turbocamel

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2014
Did you just renew contracts for the iPhone 6? if not I would just call at&t and ask them if you would be able to get the 25 dollar discount on the 40 if you were to switch. If they say yes you should be looking at about 120 per month (thats what I am paying with 21% fan discount)

Well that's a good point. I forgot about the 25$ discount but I thought that's only off contract or with Next? Haven't bought the 6 yet since contract eligibility isn't till December. They will override if I order from att, but they are super behind. Rather just walk into store and pick something up.

I want 25$ off but I want a new phone :(

----------

My thoughts exactly. Could have just said online. Informing Att supervisors of where this information is might make them aware and change it so no one else can get it. Not smart.

Because people. Are. Idiots.
It's like they intrinsically believe that telling them macrumors helps them seal the deal.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Well that's a good point. I forgot about the 25$ discount but I thought that's only off contract or with Next? Haven't bought the 6 yet since contract eligibility isn't till December. They will override if I order from att, but they are super behind. Rather just walk into store and pick something up.

I want 25$ off but I want a new phone :(

I think if you contract started before Feb 2014 you can get the discount. Because both my lines were still under contract when I switched and they are still under contract but I am receiving the discount and have now bought my 6 Plus on the next program.

20GB for two lines for $120 is such a good deal I am pumped about getting this deal now. Definitely not regretting giving up unlimited.

turbocamel

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2014
I think if you contract started before Feb 2014 you can get the discount. Because both my lines were still under contract when I switched and they are still under contract but I am receiving the discount and have now bought my 6 Plus on the next program.

20GB for two lines for $120 is such a good deal I am pumped about getting this deal now. Definitely not regretting giving up unlimited.

That's awesome hopefully after I take my board exam next week I can set this up.

How much does the next phone add per bill. I want a 6+Sg 64gb (399) and 64gb 6sg (299) for the wife. Last I checked it was an additional 37$ per phone per month. Roughly +70$. Even after -50$ for credit. I guess I'm at my normal price 140$ / month. 20gb and 2 new phones.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
That's awesome hopefully after I take my board exam next week I can set this up.

How much does the next phone add per bill. I want a 6+Sg 64gb (399) and 64gb 6sg (299) for the wife. Last I checked it was an additional 37$ per phone per month. Roughly +70$. Even after -50$ for credit. I guess I'm at my normal price 140$ / month. 20gb and 2 new phones.

I got 6 plus 128 GB and it added 47/ month to my bill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.