Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
I ordered 256gb Silver on October 27th at 9:30 am. Kept checking AT&T website and chatting with agents and everyone kept telling me it would ship between Nov 2 - 10th. Finally yesterday, the agent I was talking with said that AT&T did not receive their shipment on Wednesday from Apple so my date would push out further. I told the agent that I knew of people who ordered after me and they had already received theirs. From that point the agent connected me to a manager and within an hour my phone went to preparing for shipment. I have a tracking number and mine is supposed to be to me on Monday.

welp, guess i'll be making a call to at&t today to raise hell

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
I ordered 256gb Silver on October 27th at 9:30 am. Kept checking AT&T website and chatting with agents and everyone kept telling me it would ship between Nov 2 - 10th. Finally yesterday, the agent I was talking with said that AT&T did not receive their shipment on Wednesday from Apple so my date would push out further. I told the agent that I knew of people who ordered after me and they had already received theirs. From that point the agent connected me to a manager and within an hour my phone went to preparing for shipment. I have a tracking number and mine is supposed to be to me on Monday.
Is yours coming via fedex or USPS? Mine shipped yesterday via USPS but tracking number says it won’t be here until Wednesday. I thought these phones shipped next day or at least faster then 3 business days

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Ordered SG256 on 10/27 at 11aET. Got a 12/4-12/18 delivery date. Updated to 12/4-12/11. Went back order a few days ago. Just checked online and it is Preparing to ship. Hoping to get it some time this next week. Still no charge or hold on my CC.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Question. When do us ATTers usually get our first tracking info? When it hits KY or Alaska?
Neither. Individual AT&T orders don't come from China, AT&T receives bulk orders from China to one of 2 distribution points.

All AT&T Orders come from Memphis or Fort Worth and AT&T uses both FedEx and UPS. So your shipping information is available as soon as the label is printed. You might not see it in the AT&T Order system but if you search UPS and FedEx with reference information you should find it.

Dave

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Yeah, just got an email, my phone shipped.

Fed EX, coming out of Ft. Worth. Deliverd by 3pm Monday 11/13.

Last edited:

wickedneurons

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Neither. Individual AT&T orders don't come from China, AT&T receives bulk orders from China to one of 2 distribution points.

All AT&T Orders come from Memphis or Fort Worth and AT&T uses both FedEx and UPS. So your shipping information is available as soon as the label is printed. You might not see it in the AT&T Order system but if you search UPS and FedEx with reference information you should find it.

Dave
How do you find reference information to search by?

GuilleCummings

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2013
Just got more info on my shipping. According to Apple it's shipped, and I already have the UPS tracking. Seems label will be created on Monday, weird, as well at the billing. I'm guessing a more accurate label will be created once it hits KY or Texas (it's coming from Dallas). It's estimated for Thursday EOD. Close to finally getting my new office.

Last edited:

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014

Dave

I must’ve been the only one who got screwed with USPS shipping lol.

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
I’ve been on the phone with customer service , orders departments and countless online chats .

Long story short , they wouldn’t help me and couldn’t explain why people who ordered after me received the phone before me and they wouldn’t do anything to change the over .

I’m extremely upset right now

Reactions: Flash69

Jake/iPhoneXdude

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2017
I’ve been on the phone with customer service , orders departments and countless online chats .

Long story short , they wouldn’t help me and couldn’t explain why people who ordered after me received the phone before me and they wouldn’t do anything to change the over .

They just bs you. Check this out tho. I got the email informing me about the Shipping dates being pushed back and when i the click "Check my Order" in the email it says preparing to ship and when i check on the app it says in progress with the 11/24-12/1 shipping date. This is so weird. Also, if you look. The "Preparing to ship order says i ordered the phone at 9:55:01 a.m. ET and the one where it says In progress it says I ordered at 9:55:05 a.m. ET. I don't get it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 11.43.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 11.43.38 PM.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 11.43.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 11.43.51 PM.png
    150 KB · Views: 97

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
They just bs you. Check this out tho. I got the email informing me about the Shipping dates being pushed back and when i the click "Check my Order" in the email it says preparing to ship and when i check on the app it says in progress with the 11/24-12/1 shipping date. This is so weird. Also, if you look. The "Preparing to ship order says i ordered the phone at 9:55:01 a.m. ET and the one where it says In progress it says I ordered at 9:55:05 a.m. ET. I don't get it.

What the hell did you do to get it to ship? I don’t even know what to do anymore

EDIT: I have the same exact thing you have. I just checked the email that said the order was pushed back. It says “preparing to ship” meanwhile, I check my app and it says “in progress”

Jake/iPhoneXdude

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2017
What the hell did you do to get it to ship? I don’t even know what to do anymore

EDIT: I have the same exact thing you have. I just checked the email that said the order was pushed back. It says “preparing to ship” meanwhile, I check my app and it says “in progress”

Im just tired of this, of course I'm still gonna be excited to get it, But i won't be as excited.

Reactions: Turtle69Turtle

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
same hahaha, i have A case, wireless charging dock and a screen protector just sitting here. I just want the god damn phone so this can be over with.

I have a screen protector and otterbox defender case haha. I got 4 other cases in my cart from amazon (I have a case problem).

What case did you go with ?

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007

I could have told you that would be a completely useless waste of 3-4 hours of your life you'll never get back.

Reactions: Turtle69Turtle

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
I could have told you that would be a completely useless waste of 3-4 hours of your life you'll never get back.

Well I was driving out of state with nothing else to do so i figured I’d give it a shot . Made the 2 hour drive go fast lol
[doublepost=1510464421][/doublepost]Just checked *ORDR# and got this

Attachments

• 0548B556-AF55-4158-B08A-C031C1174C9E.jpeg
    0548B556-AF55-4158-B08A-C031C1174C9E.jpeg
    844.5 KB · Views: 164

ameliaolive

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
Anyone know if signature is required for FedEx delivieres? Everyone else I know delivered with UPS and didn’t require signature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.