Carrier AT&T Pre-Order and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuey12345, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Kmhart23 macrumors newbie

How will ordering through Apple work with the at&t next every year? Do you have any idea?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017 ---
    So my 12th payment is coming up in a few days. I want to get the iPhone X. Preorders will be way after 14 days from when my 12th installment is made. What does that mean for me?

2. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

If it's like preorders in the past, when you log in, your carrier information and account information should be in the Apple Store app when you log in say if your device was paid for on a previous AT&T Next plan. You'd in a sense be ordering from AT&T just THROUGH Apple (since Apple has more of their own product stock than any of the carriers). That's my assumption.

Even if you tinker around in the AT&T app, you can see your eligibility status for an upgrade (50% on your current device). This same information shows in the Apple Store app.

3. Kmhart23 macrumors newbie

So my 12th payment is coming up in a few days. I want to get the iPhone X. Preorders will be way after 14 days from when my 12th installment is made. So are you saying that because October 27th is more than 14 days from when my last payment is made I won't be able to upgrade?

4. fathergll macrumors 6502a

So basically you can leave your order in the cart until Friday morning?

5. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Trading in my 7+ to get the X. Of course I’ll be going for the 256.

I’m excited for this phone, biggest change yet and I’m always for embracing the newest tech.

Can’t wait for Oct 27 and for that matter Nov 3!

6. LarryJoe33 macrumors 6502a

LarryJoe33

Yes, for the 8, the X pre setup isn't available yet. Basically, for the 8 you will get verified (provider, etc.), confirm payment info, and then just pull the trigger.

iphone8 setup.png

7. Downhilltenago macrumors member

Downhilltenago

Seems like the best way to go for me. Getting my first iPhone and I'm not sure how I will feel about them a year from now. So I can just get a new phone next year I'm okay with this.

8. LarryJoe33 macrumors 6502a

LarryJoe33

Yeah, I am not sure if the pre work is just for Upgrade Program users, but even that part of the verification process will be good to get done early.

9. jwatters579 macrumors newbie

jwatters579

What time of the day does the pre-order usually start? I am planning on doing it via the Apple site.

10. LarryJoe33 macrumors 6502a

LarryJoe33

I got up at 3AM EST (midnight PST) for the 7 and it wasn't actually ready until 3:30. Took me about 15 minutes to get it done and I still had to wait three weeks.

11. PCtoMAC1 macrumors 6502

PCtoMAC1

I'm on the grandfathered unlimited data plan, though I have been having some issues with at&t. That being said, I'm going for an unlocked (no carrier) iPhone 8. That way I can switch to Verizon if I want to.

12. dsmill macrumors member

I paid my 12th payment to upgrade and trade-in from the next plan. Can I still order from Apple and send the phone back to AT&T?

13. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Yes you can.
    You will be able to upgrade but will probably have to make a couple more payments before the X is released. If you are on a next 12 plan then you would have actually paid more than 50% of the phone but still have to give it back to AT&T. That's where the change of release cycle problem comes in.

14. dsmill macrumors member

15. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

She was wrong. As long as you've paid it off enough to upgrade you can give it back to AT&T and upgrade through Apple. Customer service or a corporate store should be able to generate a return label for you to ship it back.

16. mario-64 macrumors regular

Anyone see the articles just posted saying AT&T is doing buy 1 get 1 free on 8 and 8 plus? if true, this solidifies my decision to go with the 8 plus

17. LeeRod macrumors member

LeeRod

Question. I am currently on the (end of) 2 year plan. I need to move to the NEXT plan with this phone. Will this be able to be done through the Apple Store app and/or Apple site? Or do I have to go through the ATT site? I would prefer either apple option over ATT.

18. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Y'all on the next program, are y'all gonna do early upgrade and return the phone back to ATT? Or pay it off?

I have the iPhone 7 Plus 128Gb. I have seen this phone selling for $600 and up to $700 on Craigslist. I kinda feel like paying off what I owe, which is about $440 or so, and then selling it and making a bit extra money off of it. What y'all think?

Another reason why I'm considering paying it off is so I can order straight from apples website.

19. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

you should be able to do it via the apple store. you can do a mock one right now and it lets you select the next plan.
    the less hassel seems to do the trade but if there's money to be made - your call. swappa also has them ranging from $550-$600 on the sold 7+ 128GB.

20. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I have the model 8 plus already saved as my favorite and have my Next account already ready to use an upgrade. Hopefully when the app goes live I can just go to my favorites and continue the order process.

21. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'll be doing Premier as usual and I'm hoping the staggered release means ATT servers will not melt when I try to pre-order my X.

22. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Does anyone know if I'm already on AT&T Next, can I upgrade on Apple's website or only via AT&T? Pretty sure when I first got on ATT Next I did it on Apple.com but now am not too sure.

23. Firocity macrumors member

24. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yes you can do it on Apple's website. Just make sure the next agreement is fulfilled and you're ready for an upgrade.

25. kheard73 macrumors regular

kheard73

I'm hoping we get the 650 credit for trading in old to get new again. If not I may switch carriers from ATT to Verizon (if they offer better deals to change).
    I will be using the Apple App to upgrade though (just waiting to see what options we are going to get) Ordering 256Gb X in black