Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Whee, got stuff on the way here too...second delrin piece, orange side, gunmetal side, and an extra carbon fiber - can't WAIT to see the orange in person, and to see how the delrin bit might have changed since I got mine :)

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Just ordered a black/brushed so hopefully it gets here relatively soon. Looking forward to seeing if the headphone jack is a better fit and if the GPS is more accurate than the Vapor's

A684TTQARX7

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2010
Tr-State
I have the Element Vapor on my phone and only the OEM Apple connector fits - I have seen 'extenders' that are short with the 30 pin female and male on each end, but am never positive the male end )to go into phone with case) will fit.

Also, they are like $30 or so - seems WAY out of line for it. Apple Store does not have. Seen them on Amazon and MyGearStore.com

Thoughts Ladies and Gents?

This was posted on the Element Vapor Case thread couple days ago https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/988639/ I think the adapter meets all of the requirements & doesn’t seem to be too expensive, I’m hoping for a coupon/promo code of sort so I can get two of them. Yeah what can I say I’m cheap! :D

http://www.buyijet.com/index.php/iphone-accessories/iextend-slim.html

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Just ordered a black/brushed so hopefully it gets here relatively soon. Looking forward to seeing if the headphone jack is a better fit and if the GPS is more accurate than the Vapor's

Can't speak for the headphone slot (I use skullcandy and it fits fine) since I haven't seen a vapor in person...but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the GPS. :)

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Got me an orange and gunmetal coming also. I love orange and I bet the orange and black will go together awesome. I love their carbon fiber but I just don't use the stuff. But I have compared it to Elements carbon and its good stuff, I just like to see my apple logo in the back.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
If your comparing the headphone jack to the Vapor's then they are about the same except the Atomic does not have the big slot cutout, so basically if your using straight plug headphones your ok. The GPS is going to blow you away though!!That has been my mine issue with all these cases and this one is honestly dead on. I can't wait to hear other people's reaction to the case and see some other colors and stuff. I think the more people get into this case the more exotic caps they will come out with. I jumped in both feet on this case with just the video that was done by bighabeeb and I am glad I did. Totally worth the money. I actually sold my AR15 today, that's how happy I am with this case.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Do you mind to take a photo of black on black?

I wonder what's the resell value of this stuff.

at the facebook page of atomic I notice a few products at their product line

Atomic Hybrid Composite Case for iPhone 4
Atomic Silverback Hybrid Composite Case for iPhone 4
Atomic Billet 7075 iPhone 4 case
F1 Carbon Back Plate
RetinaShield Screen Protector
Sorry man, missed your posts. Black on black does not go real well. The Hybrid part of the case if a flat or matte black and the cap is a bright black and honestly they clash. It doesn't look good at all, well to me anyways. I wouldn't recommend it.

e13-Stone

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
central california
e13ctron s4

hey guys after months of development and almost a dozen prototypes here is our addition to the billet case market let us know what you think!
front.jpg

side.jpg

bottom.jpg

top.jpg

fadethreeblack

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
hey guys after months of development and almost a dozen prototypes here is our addition to the billet case market let us know what you think!

WHY would you spam another products thread with your product? Stick to your own thread man...not cool

i was about to buy until i saw that silverback thing, i emailed them asking about what it is. hope to get a response

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
looks good !
but if its alum. then chances are it would have the same signal degradation problem !?

btw silver looks awesome. :)

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Got me an orange and gunmetal coming also. I love orange and I bet the orange and black will go together awesome. I love their carbon fiber but I just don't use the stuff. But I have compared it to Elements carbon and its good stuff, I just like to see my apple logo in the back.

You know atomic has one that has a cut out for the logo, yea? :)

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
You know atomic has one that has a cut out for the logo, yea? :)
Yea I know but I just really don't like carbon on mine. I mean I think their carbon is great but I just don't see myself using it. And the new case guy who just popped in, before you jump in another vendor's thread. Why don't you send out about 30 free cases for people to try out because ALOT of us have tried all the aluminum cases on the market and NONE of them actually work. It was a good thought 3-4 months ago but now, I am done with them. But make a thread and post away and back up your case with facts and like every other manufacturer has and then here in a week when someone actually gets one we will see the same results with your case that we have with the others. Not trying to be rude here, but I have tried about 6 different aluminum cases and not 1 of them have worked correctly and by the looks of yours, it would be no different. It almost looks like it would hurt the signal the worst just by the looks of it. But hey, the best of look to you.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Yea I know but I just really don't like carbon on mine. I mean I think their carbon is great but I just don't see myself using it. And the new case guy who just popped in, before you jump in another vendor's thread. Why don't you send out about 30 free cases for people to try out because ALOT of us have tried all the aluminum cases on the market and NONE of them actually work. It was a good thought 3-4 months ago but now, I am done with them. But make a thread and post away and back up your case with facts and like every other manufacturer has and then here in a week when someone actually gets one we will see the same results with your case that we have with the others. Not trying to be rude here, but I have tried about 6 different aluminum cases and not 1 of them have worked correctly and by the looks of yours, it would be no different. It almost looks like it would hurt the signal the worst just by the looks of it. But hey, the best of look to you.

I sent him an email essentially saying the same thing - not all that fond of the overall look to be honest, but I'm willing to give it a go :)

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I sent him an email essentially saying the same thing - not all that fond of the overall look to be honest, but I'm willing to give it a go :)
Just from the look itself and how thick the material is, I would bet it performs the worst out of anyone of the cases we have tried. Plus I don't really like the look. But if he sends you one, let us know.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
WHY would you spam another products thread with your product? Stick to your own thread man...not cool

i was about to buy until i saw that silverback thing, i emailed them asking about what it is. hope to get a response

The "silverback" from Atomic is basically going to be their answer to an Otterbox Defender, but in aluminum and this new composite that they are using (i.e., a rugged case). I've talked a good bit with Unni at Atomic about it, and have a lot of info on it, but no pics/pricing/release date as of yet. From the way it's been described to me a few times, it's going to be quite bulky. Not to the level of an Otterbox, but still A LOT bulkier than the typical Atomic case.

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010

+1
any volunteer wanna shell out $84.99 to be a guinea pig? :D
NOT.

e13-Stone

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
central california
the material is not thick, is there an extra button anywhere? i'm sorry your jaded about your previous case purchases i cant help you there. we'll be posting up videos of the performance and gps. like i stated in my other thread we have ****** service in our shop and we wouldnt try and sell something that doesnt work.
it was a challenge getting the aluminum to work.
e13ctron.com

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
Pass!! I am guinea pigged out!!

but seriously, it's the alum that doing the scewing around with the signal not the "design" .
look at the all open Fusion Raw and the KarasKustom cases... they are as open as can be and yet they do still adversely affect the signal and GPS reception. my estimate is about 3-5 db in signal strength.

so if a another alum case maker telling me it has zero effect on the signal or GPS...
I seriously doubt their claim ! send me a free one and I'll be an honest tester ..but not for $84.99!

and back with our Atomic case thread :)
i'm so on the fence between the yellow and the silver cap :)

Last edited:

peteisanidiot

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
the material is not thick, is there an extra button anywhere? i'm sorry your jaded about your previous case purchases i cant help you there. we'll be posting up videos of the performance and gps. like i stated in my other thread we have ****** service in our shop and we wouldnt try and sell something that doesnt work.
it was a challenge getting the aluminum to work.
e13ctron.com
these are the exact claims made in the past. third party reviews are the only way to earn our confidence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.