Att Is Screwing Us!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrbigchin, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mrbigchin macrumors newbie

ATT was already ripping us off with their data plans, but at least we could use all the data we wanted. But they put these stupid 200mb and 2gb limits on us WTF!
    Whats the point of an iphone if you use under 200mb. And they make it seem like 2gb might be enough, but you know this new iphone will use more data than the 3gs.

While I'm here Im ganna say there txt services are retarded too.
    Either 200 and 1500 thx :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not many people say 95% of iPhone customers use less than 2GB of data a month even more so 68% use less than 200MB/month, so AT&T is actually doing you a favor and saving you money.

Now, they did screw with those who actually use more than 2GB of data. However 5%, not bad screw up.

Also, having an iPhone is a luxury, not a need. A need would be having a phone (any phone), but not necessarily an Phone.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

First of all, if you already have a data plan, you can keep it at the $30 unlimited level if you want to.

My wife hasn't gone over 150MB in the past six months. She uses it mainly to check her email and some light web surfing. So for us, we can cut the cost of her data plan in half. I like it.

5. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

No one's twisting your arm to sign the damn contract.

6. PoisonScorpion macrumors member

I had an iPhone and used only like 500MB a month. Maybe I'll use more but I'd still be 1/4th under the limit.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you think AT&T is screwing you, take your business elsewhere once your contract expires :rolleyes:

I'm still not convinced that that most people will use more then 2GB in a given month.

8. cjthebest macrumors member

The only way AT&T is screwing us is by not having FaceTime over 3G. I know it would be unreliable, but I will be capped at 2GB, so what the big deal?

9. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

lol love the post and love your signature :p

10. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I've thought long and hard about this one. But, I've come up with my own solutions for me.

1) I get a discount off of data so for the current plan which I'm keeping, I'm only paying $25 for unlimited data.

2) I used to use only about 500mb/month but now I stream music all day at work or use Slingbox and watch CNN at work so now I'm pretty much going over 2g.

3) Is it dumb to get the new iPhone and not pay a contract price? For me, no. I'm selling two iPhone 3GSs for $500 each. (buyer is lined up)

11. uneek1 macrumors regular

I looked at my data usage over the past 6 months, and surprisingly I only went over 200mb/month 1 time. So if I switch it will actually save me $15 a month.

12. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Netflix and alike will do it for many.

13. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I think you might be my favorite poster here.

To get back on topic I'll remain happy burning up data with my unlimited plan when I get the iPhone 4.

14. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

What? They have unlimited texting for $20 (or $30 for the entire family).

I don't agree with AT&T's data caps but I also think that unless you use 3G 24/7, you shouldn't hit 2GB. I use the internet quite a bit and maybe hit 100MB a month.

Again, are people really going to stream entire MOVIES over 3G??? The quality will be crap, not to mention the loading times.

15. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

he has a point. there reallly should be a text plan between 200 and 1500. and if people are paying $45 for 2gb of data for tethering that is a huge ripoff. I often run through a gig of data in a day if I'm watching a lot of hulu.

maybe on att just browsing websites. but like I said above I can easily burn a gig of verizon data streaming hulu for 4 hours.

16. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

10 bucks says this idiot doesn't even use 2 gigs. The he saves 5 bucks and says he is getting screwed. I swear people are such idiots

17. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Netflix isn't only movies, it also has TV shows and episodes.
    It will look gorgeous on my iPhone 4 retina display.
    What part of alike you didn't get? A hint: Pandora!
    Video chat, streaming broadcasting: iBroadcast.

And the MacRumors gyro fight app, where you can engage in a rambling street fighter experience with other MR pundits that disagree with your posts, live streaming in HD, flawlessly using the new accelerometers+gyro.
    Our favorite carrier will allow you only to post an initial clash, the will charge you $3 a gyro move.

18. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Hey Jessica: I like your signature! Enjoy it while it lasts!

19. Resist macrumors 68030

But the new iPhone 4 could change all that, add in movie streaming and your downloads go up drastically. Throw in the tethering and if the video chat feature gets on the 3G or 4G network, and many more people will have higher downloads. And many places don't have WiFi everywhere.

Sure $25 for 2GB data plan will cost me less per month than $30 for unlimited (5GB), but for how long? As cell data networks get faster, we download more data.

Oh and I agree AT&T's texting plans are to expensive, that is why I use the Textfree Unlimited App. It is currently free and you get a real phone number for texting with. It doesn't have MMS yet, but that is coming.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

True, but if you are already a light weight user, you are going to keep it that way. Many people just need it for email checks, light web browsing. It's us, the few 'nerds' that hit hard on our data plans. The well informed users are the ones that take advantage of every feature the phone has, but average Joe America doesn't, so it doesn't make much difference.

21. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

ATT is not screwing you.

You are paying a premium, as far as text and data rates go, because you are buying a premium smartphone.

All this whining is nonsense.

It's like buying a Mercedes and then griping because you have to pay extra for premium gasoline or extra for insurance. If you don't like the iphone rates then get a Blackberry, or something else.

22. manhattanboy macrumors 6502a

manhattanboy

if you look hot, I'll do you. :D

23. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

You'd better look hot yourself to make a comment like that.:rolleyes:

24. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Brilliant... :)

25. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

lol :p