ATT Moved up Iphone updates!

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Mines now say "Great news! You qualify for an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment.
Full upgrade available: October 04, 2012"

About month ago is was ""As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount". Anyone else just got moved up?

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I got my notification August the 4th... so, it has been a while. Moreover, AT&T splashed a screen on me (when I logged to pay my account) that my main line was already eligible for upgrade. This was a week ago (plus a few days).

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
But i dont get it, it says I have an early upgrade but than it says FULL upgrade is in may of 2013.... what does it mean?

----------

Which means... 450?
It means If you're upgrading to an iphone 5 (Or any iphone) they'll upgrade it for you. If you're getting anything else, You'll have to wait or pay termination fee.

So they'll let you get a iphone 5 at full discount. But not an android, blackberry, ect.

beamer8912

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2009
Mines now say "Great news! You qualify for an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment.
Full upgrade available: October 04, 2012" ImageImageImageImageImage

About month ago is was ""As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount". Anyone else just got moved up?
I don't understand. You still don't have a full upgrade. It's still just the reduced discount upgrade. No difference.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
It means If you're upgrading to an iphone 5 (Or any iphone) they'll upgrade it for you. If you're getting anything else, You'll have to wait or pay termination fee.

So they'll let you get a iphone 5 at full discount. But not an android, blackberry, ect.
Sorry, but totally incorrect.

As others have mentioned, it means you can upgrade for a discounted price which is less than the full retail but $250 more than the fully subsidized price.

----------

So I can have the new iPhone for 199, but any other phone is full price?
No, see above.

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
So I can have the new iPhone for 199, but any other phone is full price?

----------

Which I did.
correct.

----------

Sorry, but totally incorrect.

As others have mentioned, it means you can upgrade for a discounted price which is less than the full retail but $250 more than the fully subsidized price.

----------

No, see above.
no when it says "you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount". means you're for a discounted price..

But when it says ""Great news! You qualify for an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment." that means you get full discount for an iphone only....

2 totally different things..