Battery jumping issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NathThomas, Jul 24, 2016.

1. NathThomas macrumors newbie

NathThomas

My iphone 6 has 8% battery charge left but when i plug in the charger it jumps to 30-40% immediately. Also is there such thing as free bettery replacement? I've been using my iphone 6 since december 2014. Also theres a slightly darker shade on my screen on the top left corner. Its quite disturbing sometimes. Help please.

2. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Take it to Apple or authorized service center

3. NathThomas thread starter macrumors newbie

NathThomas

Is it free of charge?

4. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Yes with Apple care without Apple care there is a charge

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Since it looks like you are out of warranty, it is likely they will charge you. But as always it doesn't hurt to try. Not sure if you have AppleCare plus.

6. akash.nu macrumors 68000

akash.nu

I had exactly the same issue & I got the battery replaced. Works like a charm now.

7. now i see it macrumors 65816

The battery can be damaged from the elevated voltage of constantly being on charge at 100%. It can cause the battery to swell and press on the screen... creating visible anomalies.

That happened to my ip5.
    After replacing the battery, I don't keep it at 100% anymore and so far so good.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

The charging circuitry within the device (unless defective or damaged in some way) shouldn't allow for that while the phone is plugged in.

9. WiiDsmKR69 macrumors member

WiiDsmKR69

You running a public beta?

I have an i6 and never had a problem with my battery. ( other than battery life from day1, but hey, iPhone haha)

But now with the public beta it goes from 20-30% down to 8 so fast the 20% / 10% reminders are one after the other .

I plug it in to the charger and it jumps to 25%.

Could be my battery I suppose but I just assumed it was software not working correctly.

10. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

B.S.
    What he said, you were already corrected before.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

This is BS and why people keep stupid rumors of how to charge your battery alive.

12. HEK, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Dah????
    --- Post Merged, Jul 26, 2016 ---
    That's simply not true. Stop spreading rumors. The iPhones have built in charger circuits that only trickle charge above 90% and turn on and off at 100%. Use official Apple power adapter and cable and you can leave phone plugged in for a year without damage to the battery. Apple designed it to be consumer/user idiot proof.

With that said, there will always be defective batteries that fail prematurely. Take in to Apple have em check it. There have been many people out of warranty that have had them replaced for free. No guarantees however.